Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

Hi there... Can anyone tell me which script gets EDDI to speak NCP comms? More than happy to be alerted with audio to a pirate attack, not so keen on the repeated quotes 'I'm gonna boil you up greenhorn' shortly followed by 'Impossible!' ;) I've looked (obviously not hard enough :) ) but cannot see where that is done.

And while I'm about it, is there a way to export or save a speech responder personality so I can import it again later. I'm going to be changing PC in a few weeks, would be nice if I can save the personality that I'm editing.

Thanks.

Edit: Think I've found the answer to my first question. Looks like the message received script. Still accepting suggestions for the second question.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi there... Can anyone tell me which script gets EDDI to speak NCP comms? More than happy to be alerted with audio to a pirate attack, not so keen on the repeated quotes 'I'm gonna boil you up greenhorn' shortly followed by 'Impossible!' ;) I've looked (obviously not hard enough :) ) but cannot see where that is done.

And while I'm about it, is there a way to export or save a speech responder personality so I can import it again later. I'm going to be changing PC in a few weeks, would be nice if I can save the personality that I'm editing.

Thanks.
You should be able to find your EDDI personalities in the following directory:
C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\EDDI\personalities
AppData is hidden by default though, unless you have your Windows set to show hidden files and folders. You can copy the files you find there to make your backups.

As for the NPC messages, they are in the 'Message received' event script, and there are settings in that script to configure what type of messages you want EDDI to read out. To stop pirate messages, just set the 'Pirate' line to be 'false' (line 41 in the default script).

Hope that helps. :)

DC

You should be able to find your EDDI personalities in the following directory:
C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\EDDI\personalities
AppData is hidden by default though, unless you have your Windows set to show hidden files and folders. You can copy the files you find there to make your backups.

As for the NPC messages, they are in the 'Message received' event script, and there are settings in that script to configure what type of messages you want EDDI to read out. To stop pirate messages, just set the 'Pirate' line to be 'false' (line 41 in the default script).

Hope that helps. :)

DC

Thanks, that's perfect. Much appreciated. :)

Do you have any plans to add the option to untick All enabled checkboxes on the Speech Responder?
It's not that simple. The checkbox that is grayed out is called from an event script or another script.
The call of a script (text in the script) looks like this {F( xxx )} .
This call can be skipped like this, i.e. not called {_ F( xxx ) _}
Or you can tell us exactly what is bothering you, then we can be more specific.

Do you have any plans to add the option to untick All enabled checkboxes on the Speech Responder?
It's not that simple. The checkbox that is grayed out is called from an event script or another script.
The call of a script (text in the script) looks like this {F( xxx )} .
This call can be skipped like this, i.e. not called {_ F( xxx ) _}
Or you can tell us exactly what is bothering you, then we can be more specific.
Is that what you mean @UseLessUK? If not then please clarify?

I think that @UseLessUK may want a checkbox that just tick/untick all the (selectable) scripts. At least, this is what i searched for the first time i've built my own personality :)

I think that @UseLessUK may want a checkbox that just tick/untick all the (selectable) scripts. At least, this is what i searched for the first time i've built my own personality :)
Exactly this ... I would like to be able to click a button to untick all the checkboxes that can be unticked and then just tick the few I want to have enabled. As at the moment when I copied the personality I had to manually untick what I didn't want which was a right royal PITA. Having a Untick All button would have made that process much less of a pain.

Also same as what was mentioned here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...-cockpit-to-life.387955/page-119#post-8817920

Exactly this ... I would like to be able to click a button to untick all the checkboxes that can be unticked and then just tick the few I want to have enabled. As at the moment when I copied the personality I had to manually untick what I didn't want which was a right royal PITA. Having a Untick All button would have made that process much less of a pain.

Also same as what was mentioned here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...-cockpit-to-life.387955/page-119#post-8817920
I though that might be the case. I've added a ticket for this suggestion. https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/issues/2097 o7

Have had this for a long time, EDDI telling me I can claim the bounty reward in this station or this system but it wasn't true. Please take a look, thanks guys.

Source: https://youtu.be/7qbIQ7LXj5g
As far as I can remember, data point intel isn't something you can claim like that. Although, I may be wrong as it's been a long time since I had anything like that. :/
(Edit: I just thought... it's Alliance data, so shouldn't that be sold in Empire or Fed space as they would be most interested in it?)

However, I'm thinking that EDDI still has records in it's database for other things you have already claimed. It's possible that your bounties were not deleted from the database when you claimed them. This may be because you didn't have EDDI running at the time, or some other glitch occurred when you handed them in. There is also quirk of the game when using the Interstellar Factors for claiming and paying, that sometimes means EDDI can't reconcile the records to be deleted. More info on that here: https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/issues/2073

As a workaround, go to the Crime Monitor tab in EDDI. There you should find a list of all the bounties, fines, etc. that EDDI still thinks you have. There is a 'Remove' button next to each, so just click that to remove anything that you think has already been paid or claimed.

Have had this for a long time, EDDI telling me I can claim the bounty reward in this station or this system but it wasn't true. Please take a look, thanks guys.

Source: https://youtu.be/7qbIQ7LXj5g
As far as I can remember, data point intel isn't something you can claim like that. Although, I may be wrong as it's been a long time since I had anything like that. :/
(Edit: I just thought... it's Alliance data, so shouldn't that be sold in Empire or Fed space as they would be most interested in it?)

However, I'm thinking that EDDI still has records in it's database for other things you have already claimed. It's possible that your bounties were not deleted from the database when you claimed them. This may be because you didn't have EDDI running at the time, or some other glitch occurred when you handed them in. There is also quirk of the game when using the Interstellar Factors for claiming and paying, that sometimes means EDDI can't reconcile the records to be deleted. More info on that here: https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/issues/2073

As a workaround, go to the Crime Monitor tab in EDDI. There you should find a list of all the bounties, fines, etc. that EDDI still thinks you have. There is a 'Remove' button next to each, so just click that to remove anything that you think has already been paid or claimed.
@bronney EDDI likely has incorrect / obsolete information in the Crime Monitor that ought to be removed.

Crime is unfortunately an area where the data being reported from the game is relatively poor. There is no single event that summarizes your current crime status. We need to make assumptions because the data available in the journal is quite scarce. Because of these shortcomings, you may need to occasionally review the information in the Crime Monitor to make sure its still accurate.

Last edited:
How could i pass data from one script to another?

I'm trying to build in my Personality a Pluralize(word, qty) "function" that i can call from the others scripts which manage the rules and exceptions in making a noun plural in italian and returns the resulting word.

How could i pass data from one script to another?

I'm trying to build in my Personality a Pluralize(word, qty) "function" that i can call from the others scripts which manage the rules and exceptions in making a noun plural in italian and returns the resulting word.
If you're going to make a separate script for this function, and then call it from another script, then the variables from the original will be available in the called script. Just set the variables you want before you call the plural script.

So, as a very basic example:
Script 1:
Code:
{set word to "planet"}
{set qty to number}
There are {number} {F('plural')} in this system

Script 2 (your plural script):
Code:
{if word = "planet":
    {if qty = 1: planet
    |elif qty > 1: planets
    }
}
The variables will be available in the plural script because they were already used in the calling script.

This is the simplistic way of doing it, however if you wish to create proper functions that use multiple variables (as you described) then I believe you would have to include the function in each script you wanted to use it in. As far as I know, the above way is the only way to use variables across scripts, unless you use State variables, but they only hold one value as well, like normal variables. The advantage of State variables is that they persist once a script has ended.

Hi,

Amazing Program! I just have a couple of questions. Sorry if they've already been asked:

1. I assume EDDI knows where to get the info for ED since it is also in AppData regardless of where ED is actually installed. Is there a way to tell EDDI to look in a different location? Like a network share? I'd like to try running EDDI from my Windows tablet beside me. It has better voices, and I think it would be nice to have EDDI responses separate from the audio on my main computer. Sub-question, and more of a curiosity: What file(s) are EDDI monitoring? Does it recognize an event because of a change to the file or is there a new file with the new event?

2. EDDI has some incredibly useful responses and information, but the only way I know how to trigger some of them is with the Test button in the 'Speech Responder' window. An example would be the 'Damage check'. How else are those responses (user-initiated) triggered?

3. Some of the verbose information is overwhelming, but would be nice to see written instead. Is there a way to pipe the output into an overlay on the game? I'd even be happy with a window that displays the speechresponder.out file in realtime. I can open the file, but I don't know how to open it in a way that would show its updates. Is there a Windows utility that will show a file like that?

Thanks!

Top Bottom