Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

Ok. This is definitely not urgent, or even that important, but...

Sometimes (not always) when the speech responder should be saying 'in this system' (for example, you have rewards that you can collect in this system), it says 'indiana this system'. When it happens it's always just after arriving in a new system, at least I'm pretty sure that's the only time it happens. Anybody got any idea where this is coming from? :p

It's far from a gamebreaking issue and I'm definitely not complaining. It has been going on for quite a while now - so it's not something that's just been changed.

Ok. This is definitely not urgent, or even that important, but...

Sometimes (not always) when the speech responder should be saying 'in this system' (for example, you have rewards that you can collect in this system), it says 'indiana this system'. When it happens it's always just after arriving in a new system, at least I'm pretty sure that's the only time it happens. Anybody got any idea where this is coming from? :p

It's far from a gamebreaking issue and I'm definitely not complaining. It has been going on for quite a while now - so it's not something that's just been changed.
Voices are software. Sometimes they respond to inputs in surprising ways. In this case, it sounds like the voice you are using is trying to substitute "Indiana" in place of "in".
It would probably be helpful to identify the specific script and output generating this response. The most likely source, based on your description, is the Crime check system script.

I'd suggest that you turn on speechresponder.out and use it to identify the complete phrase that is triggering the substitution. Once you've done that, you ought to be able to test permutations until you find a phrase which prevents the substitution.

Hi everyone.
I just installed EDDI and voice attack and am having a blast with all the functions it has.
I was just wondering, since I am a total noob when it comes to scripting etc.
I would like my ship voice say where i can find the nearest tech broker, guardian broker etc.
And where I can go to refuel/refit etc.
Is this possible?
I think it's possible, because if I click the button in EDDI it tells me where I can find these services.
But I would like to implement it in my VA profile.
Can anybody give me a small explanation how to start something like this?
And explain it like to a toddler?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi everyone.
I just installed EDDI and voice attack and am having a blast with all the functions it has.
I was just wondering, since I am a total noob when it comes to scripting etc.
I would like my ship voice say where i can find the nearest tech broker, guardian broker etc.
And where I can go to refuel/refit etc.
Is this possible?
I think it's possible, because if I click the button in EDDI it tells me where I can find these services.
But I would like to implement it in my VA profile.
Can anybody give me a small explanation how to start something like this?
And explain it like to a toddler?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
It sounds like you'll want to use the RouteDetails() function to accomplish this. Here's a simple example for how to invoke it:
1624151143047.png

You can customize the response by editing the Route details script. o7!

🥳 🥳 🥳 We're pleased to announce that EDDI version 4.0.1-b1 is now available for all users, either from the in-app upgrade or from here. The full change log is available here. 🥂

This update focuses on enriching our event documentation and on expanding access to object data from VoiceAttack. Special mention for @alterNERDtive, who assisted with alpha testing for this release. o7 commanders!

It sounds like you'll want to use the RouteDetails() function to accomplish this. Here's a simple example for how to invoke it:
View attachment 242316
You can customize the response by editing the Route details script. o7!
Thank you for the reply.
I'm slowly getting my head around this.
It's really fun tot experiment and play with this, but it's a bit confusing at times.
Gonna read up further on the available route options.
I have one question yet, is it possible to get a route tot the nearest repair/outfitring, shipyard etc? Seems like these services aren't documenten under the route details event.

Thank you o7

I'm guessing the game does not make available whether the Sys/Eng/Wep capacitors have recharged or become full again?

Which is odd as when using the ADC in various ships the game will wait for the engine cap to be charged enough to boost again.

I'm guessing the game does not make available whether the Sys/Eng/Wep capacitors have recharged or become full again?

Which is odd as when using the ADC in various ships the game will wait for the engine cap to be charged enough to boost again.
We can determine how many pips are currently allocated but not the charge state.

Thank you for the reply.
I'm slowly getting my head around this.
It's really fun tot experiment and play with this, but it's a bit confusing at times.
Gonna read up further on the available route options.
I have one question yet, is it possible to get a route tot the nearest repair/outfitring, shipyard etc? Seems like these services aren't documenten under the route details event.

Thank you o7
Not at the moment. We could add something for that if there is sufficient interest but there hasn't been any demand for it until now and most stations (as long as they have the correct pad size) offer those services.

Not at the moment. We could add something for that if there is sufficient interest but there hasn't been any demand for it until now and most stations (as long as they have the correct pad size) offer those services.
Ok, thank you for your answer. You're probably right concerning the offered services.
Well, I have used the route details function as described above.
I have a small question, still.
I can get it to work (i here my ship replying with system and distance). Is it possible to have it copy the system name to the clipboard? So i can use it in game?
This is all new for me, sorry.

Ok, thank you for your answer. You're probably right concerning the offered services.
Well, I have used the route details function as described above.
I have a small question, still.
I can get it to work (i here my ship replying with system and distance). Is it possible to have it copy the system name to the clipboard? So i can use it in game?
This is all new for me, sorry.
I thought the default 'Route details' script already did this, as it has a 'clip notify' variable and a section at the end to report this has been done, but trying it just now, it doesn't seem to put anything in the clipboard. Unless I'm missing something?

Edit: If you're using Voice Attack, there is a command that will copy any variable or text to the Windows clipboard. You could do it that way in the short term.

Last edited:
I thought the default 'Route details' script already did this, as it has a 'clip notify' variable and a section at the end to report this has been done, but trying it just now, it doesn't seem to put anything in the clipboard. Unless I'm missing something?

Edit: If you're using Voice Attack, there is a command that will copy any variable or text to the Windows clipboard. You could do it that way in the short term.
Ah, Will try that. Ok, off to go tweeking it a bit more. Thank you again Cmdr

🥳 🥳 🥳 We're pleased to announce that EDDI version 4.0.1-b1 is now available for all users, either from the in-app upgrade or from here. The full change log is available here. 🥂

This update focuses on enriching our event documentation and on expanding access to object data from VoiceAttack. Special mention for @alterNERDtive, who assisted with alpha testing for this release. o7 commanders!
I just wanted to note that in EDDI v4.0.1-b1, the Died script still has the old SetState() for SRV deployed on line 10. This is now the only instance remaining in the default personality. Should this be updated with the new version (eddi_context_srv_deployed_id) or should it be removed entirely? (I've also mentioned this in the issue regarding the matter, #2191)

We're already aware of that one. The code for setting the clipboard is in the UI back end. It only occurs when you press the appropriate button and not when the RouteDetails() is invoked.

I just wanted to note that in EDDI v4.0.1-b1, the Died script still has the old SetState() for SRV deployed on line 10. This is now the only instance remaining in the default personality. Should this be updated with the new version (eddi_context_srv_deployed_id) or should it be removed entirely? (I've also mentioned this in the issue regarding the matter, #2191)
I believe it's vestigial but I'll double check. Thanks!
EDIT: Yep, it's vestigial. I'll remove it.

Last edited:
I found a way to be notified of undiscovered bodies in a system.
There's a variable for "alreadydiscovered" but this only returns on a body you've already scanned.

A way around this is as follows.
You can put this in your discovery scan event.

Code:
{if Len(reportsystem.bodies) < reportsystem.totalbodies:
  There may be undiscovered bodies in this system
}

The "totalbodies" variable reports back the full number of bodies in the system as reported by the discovery scanner. Whereas Len(reportsystem.bodies) seems to only returns bodies that have been found (as appears in the system map).

Hope this helps someone.
I'll post my updated EDDI personality in the next few days for anyone who wants it.

Note: I typed this on my phone so sorry if there's any syntax errors.

Top Bottom