Release EDDI - Windows app for immersion and more

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I have a problem right now. My EDDI is out of sync with the installed Windows TTS voices. Where does EDDI save that information and where can I reset it so that it matches again ? Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help.

Out of sync how?

There is %APPDATA%\EDDI\speech.json but it only stores your currently selected voice. EDDI doesn't store a list of the installed Windows TTS voices, that is always looked up at runtime.
Still if I was experiencing wierdness I would quit EDDI and remove %APPDATA%\EDDI\speech.json as a first step.

Out of sync how?

There is %APPDATA%\EDDI\speech.json but it only stores your currently selected voice. EDDI doesn't store a list of the installed Windows TTS voices, that is always looked up at runtime.
Still if I was experiencing wierdness I would quit EDDI and remove %APPDATA%\EDDI\speech.json as a first step.

I had to manually delete the IVONA voices installation I had, because the uninstaller complained about some file in use even in safe mode. I installed an alterate package afterwards and made sure that the windows registry is correctly set. However EDDI still has the old two entries in it's voices list. One definitely doesn't exist anymore, it's gone from Windows, and the other has the same name but a different installation folder. EDDI doesn't see that. Deleting speech.json did not work.

I had to manually delete the IVONA voices installation I had, because the uninstaller complained about some file in use even in safe mode. I installed an alterate package afterwards and made sure that the windows registry is correctly set. However EDDI still has the old two entries in it's voices list. One definitely doesn't exist anymore, it's gone from Windows, and the other has the same name but a different installation folder. EDDI doesn't see that. Deleting speech.json did not work.

I've re-read the source code and it does look like it's an OS-level issue with your uninstall not having completed successfully. I'm thinking there must be some residue of the old voices in your Windows config.

If you go Control Panel -> Speech Recognition -> Text to Speech what does the voice selection dropdown show?

I've re-read the source code and it does look like it's an OS-level issue with your uninstall not having completed successfully. I'm thinking there must be some residue of the old voices in your Windows config.

If you go Control Panel -> Speech Recognition -> Text to Speech what does the voice selection dropdown show?

It shows only the currently installed voices. They all work, and if I set the desired voice as standard voice and tell EDDI to use the default TTS it works. I want to have that separate though.

Edit: I found it. Problem solved :)

Last edited:
Having an issue I had hoped would be solved with the latest update of EDDI, though this may not be the fault of EDDI itself.

When I jump into some systems in Colonia, the report I get upon jumping says the system is unpopulated, when that is patently false, and there's a couple ports in it. EDDB shows the system as populated, has the stations and planets listed, etc. If I jump to another system, it may correctly report the system being populated. I'm not sure what the difference is.

If it helps, ED Toolbox will usually also show the system as uninhabited or not when EDDI does, and not display any station data, though I find that less surprising, since the API connection has always been wonky in that otherwise great tool. I assumed this information would come from my netlog or journal files though. ED Toolbox has a function to refresh its system and station data, but that never fixes it.

Any ideas?

It shows only the currently installed voices. They all work, and if I set the desired voice as standard voice and tell EDDI to use the default TTS it works. I want to have that separate though.

I'm at a bit of a loss. Let me think this over, and maybe one of my team-mates may have insight.

Having an issue I had hoped would be solved with the latest update of EDDI, though this may not be the fault of EDDI itself.

When I jump into some systems in Colonia, the report I get upon jumping says the system is unpopulated, when that is patently false, and there's a couple ports in it. EDDB shows the system as populated, has the stations and planets listed, etc. If I jump to another system, it may correctly report the system being populated. I'm not sure what the difference is.

If it helps, ED Toolbox will usually also show the system as uninhabited or not when EDDI does, and not display any station data, though I find that less surprising, since the API connection has always been wonky in that otherwise great tool. I assumed this information would come from my netlog or journal files though. ED Toolbox has a function to refresh its system and station data, but that never fixes it.

Any ideas?

This could be stale data in the intermediary "EDDP" server that EDDI uses to look up data. We have a medium-term goal to move away from that server.

Could you please list the systems in question so we can take a look?

Great program.

This is my first time installing and I literally just using EDDI, (v 2.4.1) earlier today. I am using it as standalone and for the most part it works great. I have unchecked the plugin enabled box for: EDDN and EDSM as that information is being transmitted via ED Market Connector. Also unchecked is Voice Attack, (not currently using it, although plan to at later date), Material Monitor, (will probably use it later). I primarily use it for information when jumping, docking, etc and EDDI seems to be responding when it is supposed to, ( via various check boxes and edited scripts in the Speech Responder). Frontier API is showing logged in. Ship Monitor plugin is checked and correct information is shown in the table.

However, some of the data being said is incorrect - specifically the number of visits to a system. For example I just headed to Maia and it said this is my first visit. However, I have been to Maia on several occasions and according to ED ToolBox I have been to Maia 78 times, (which sounds about right). I noticed similar behavior in the systems I jumped in as I was traveling to Maia. EDDI would say this is my first visit, yet ED Toolbox would indicate a different number.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Great program.

This is my first time installing and I literally just using EDDI, (v 2.4.1) earlier today. I am using it as standalone and for the most part it works great. I have unchecked the plugin enabled box for: EDDN and EDSM as that information is being transmitted via ED Market Connector. Also unchecked is Voice Attack, (not currently using it, although plan to at later date), Material Monitor, (will probably use it later). I primarily use it for information when jumping, docking, etc and EDDI seems to be responding when it is supposed to, ( via various check boxes and edited scripts in the Speech Responder). Frontier API is showing logged in. Ship Monitor plugin is checked and correct information is shown in the table.

However, some of the data being said is incorrect - specifically the number of visits to a system. For example I just headed to Maia and it said this is my first visit. However, I have been to Maia on several occasions and according to ED ToolBox I have been to Maia 78 times, (which sounds about right). I noticed similar behavior in the systems I jumped in as I was traveling to Maia. EDDI would say this is my first visit, yet ED Toolbox would indicate a different number.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

The EDSM plugin is currently required to both send and receive data from EDSM. Per the description for the EDSM plugin: "Once you have entered your data above you can pull your existing logs from EDSM so that EDDI knows how many times you have been to each system..." I would suggest that you enable the plugin, at least temporarily, so that you can download your EDSM logs into EDDI.

Last edited:
hey folks I've been out of the loop for awhile and making my way back, updating my scripts etc.

Couple of things I've noticed.

When in multi crew the ((EDDI Entered supercruise)) script is triggered.

Also something else that I worked on was reading out the noted on system in EDSM when jumping into a system doesn't seem to get read anymore. I got all the engineers bases and blueprints on EDMS but the "notes" don't get read out. EDDI did when it first came out, I still have a youtube video I made on it

The EDSM plugin is currently required to both send and receive data from EDSM. Per the description for the EDSM plugin: "Once you have entered your data above you can pull your existing logs from EDSM so that EDDI knows how many times you have been to each system..." I would suggest that you enable the plugin, at least temporarily, so that you can download your EDSM logs into EDDI.

Thanks. Now has correct data

Thanks for the reports Commander.

When in multi crew the ((EDDI Entered supercruise)) script is triggered.

That would be a bug at the "not as per spec" level. If you could please give full steps to reproduce it, that would be very helpful. Either here or directly on GitHub.

Also something else that I worked on was reading out the noted on system in EDSM when jumping into a system doesn't seem to get read anymore. I got all the engineers bases and blueprints on EDMS but the "notes" don't get read out. EDDI did when it first came out, I still have a youtube video I made on it

Was this done via a custom script? If so, it may have fallen foul of the deprecation of the "Jumping" script. I'm not finding any reference to EDSM notes in the default scripts at first glance. It seems a valuable thing to have in the default scripts but first I would like to try and identify how it went missing.

Was this done via a custom script? If so, it may have fallen foul of the deprecation of the "Jumping" script. I'm not finding any reference to EDSM notes in the default scripts at first glance. It seems a valuable thing to have in the default scripts but first I would like to try and identify how it went missing.

It's still in the default FSD-engaged script. The last part with the "system.comment".
Also in the default EDDI.vap, two commands, "[Make note]" and [End note]".

Crazy question...
I've found the scripting documentation for my Thrustmaster controller. I was wondering if there's any way I can use EDDI + VA in some combination with/out the T.A.R.G.E.T scripting software. I'm not well versed in code and currently learning from everyone's examples, thanks for submitting btw! I supplied the source material so that maybe the better adept person can fiddle through the code and may create their own scripts for Thrustmaster controllers if possible. The syntax looks very similar.
Source - T.A.R.G.E.T. Script Editor
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download...rget/target_script_editor_basics_v1.5_eng.pdf

Application: I would like to set up a script that'll warn me when my controller throttle is greater than the resting coords for takeoffs and completed jumps.
Take off example: Hey ! Throttle is hot!
Jump complete example: Warning! Throttle is hot!

Crazy question...
I've found the scripting documentation for my Thrustmaster controller. I was wondering if there's any way I can use EDDI + VA in some combination with/out the T.A.R.G.E.T scripting software. I'm not well versed in code and currently learning from everyone's examples, thanks for submitting btw! I supplied the source material so that maybe the better adept person can fiddle through the code and may create their own scripts for Thrustmaster controllers if possible. The syntax looks very similar.
Source - T.A.R.G.E.T. Script Editor
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download...rget/target_script_editor_basics_v1.5_eng.pdf

Application: I would like to set up a script that'll warn me when my controller throttle is greater than the resting coords for takeoffs and completed jumps.
Take off example: Hey ! Throttle is hot!
Jump complete example: Warning! Throttle is hot!

Does it has to be a warning kind? You could just set the speed in ED to 0 in those commands / events if you map the control keys in ED for that.
E.g. i set mine to 0 after hyperjump.

@VerticalBlank: by chance, any news bout the gravity reporting?

Last edited:
I need some help with EDDI.
I want to disable some commands in EDDI but it won't let me.

I've copied the EDDI personality, and renamed the new one. but the 'enabled check box' on some (not all) commands won't untick. How do I fix this?
Swapout Check
Commodity Purchase Check
Commodity Sale Check
GALNet latest news
Galnet News
Galnet oldest news
Galnet unread report
Insurance Check
Landing Pad Report
Limpet Check

There may be others - but these are the ones I've tried to mute.

A second issue I have:

"there is a problem with the script. Value cannot be null. parameter name: Source" Pretty sure this is EDDI but can't work out which script it is - I get it whenever I arrive in a system (in supercruise) andf when dropping into realspace. I get it with either EDDI or my customised personality

I need some help with EDDI.
I want to disable some commands in EDDI but it won't let me.

I've copied the EDDI personality, and renamed the new one. but the 'enabled check box' on some (not all) commands won't untick. How do I fix this?
Swapout Check
Commodity Purchase Check
Commodity Sale Check
GALNet latest news
Galnet News
Galnet oldest news
Galnet unread report
Insurance Check
Landing Pad Report
Limpet Check

There may be others - but these are the ones I've tried to mute.

A second issue I have:

"there is a problem with the script. Value cannot be null. parameter name: Source" Pretty sure this is EDDI but can't work out which script it is - I get it whenever I arrive in a system (in supercruise) andf when dropping into realspace. I get it with either EDDI or my customised personality

These are not triggered events. There is no event that will trigger them, therefore you can't uncheck them. If you want them gone, delete them. But before you do, keep in mind that some of them are used in actual triggered scripts.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom