EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

tell me of the juicy Water Worlds to scan as I'm travelling. Can ED Discovery tell me that information
Assuming you're exploring undiscovered systems, then unfortunately no, as EDD only has information on systems/bodies that you or someone else has already discovered (and submitted to EDDN/EDSM). With the FSS WW/ELW can be identified at a glance, so if you're after those shinies, that's the place to look - I guess even in VR ;)

Assuming you're exploring undiscovered systems, then unfortunately no, as EDD only has information on systems/bodies that you or someone else has already discovered (and submitted to EDDN/EDSM). With the FSS WW/ELW can be identified at a glance, so if you're after those shinies, that's the place to look - I guess even in VR ;)

Thanks, not necesserily undiscovered systems. More just when transiting from place to place if it's already in EDSM as I'm flying through the system and I haven't scanned it if it would tell me then.

Can ED Discovery tell me that information through the voice pack? If so, what do I need to do to configure it. I've been looking on the Wiki but can't seem to find an answer.

It won't tell you about the ones it knows about from EDSM, but it can tell you about the ones it finds in the FSS to remind you to go and surface scan, if that's what you mean?

It won't tell you about the ones it knows about from EDSM, but it can tell you about the ones it finds in the FSS to remind you to go and surface scan, if that's what you mean?

Nah, I was thinking that because it knows to display the $ next to the planets in the system display in the bottom left corner of the layout it could tell me audibly as well as showing the $

Nah, I was thinking that because it knows to display the $ next to the planets in the system display in the bottom left corner of the layout it could tell me audibly as well as showing the $

We could do an audible thing for that, but I don't think it's currently an option.

We could do an audible thing for that, but I don't think it's currently an option.
Thanks, it's just somethign that'd be handy when playing in VR when I don't have easy access to multiple monitors for tools like ED Discovery. I know that it won't help with systems that aren't in EDSM. But for systems that are already discovered, getting an audible prompt to stop and so a scan for easy exploration credits would be useful.

Hi
Don’t know if anyone can help but I can’t get this to work :( it all appears to load ok but then just freezes, can’t click on anything and have to use con-alt-del to close.
Haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere so obviously something on my machine, but hoping someone has some suggestions.
Many thanks
G

Hi
Don’t know if anyone can help but I can’t get this to work :( it all appears to load ok but then just freezes, can’t click on anything and have to use con-alt-del to close.
Haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere so obviously something on my machine, but hoping someone has some suggestions.
Many thanks
G

If you have only just installed it there may be many updates it needs to do, mine often freezes for a while when scanning journals, updating databases and just plain updating stuff I have done with EDSM, just walk away and leave it for a while to do it's own thing and see what happens.

Hi
Many thanks
G

If you already had a database in EDD then it might be trying to convert it - this was a recent change to a more efficient database structure but it takes a looonnnggg time to complete.

If it is a fresh install then as @varonica says, it is probably scanning your journal entries plus downloading EDSM data.

You should see a notification in the bottom border for some things and a description of what it is up to (downloading updates etc) in the log panel (bottom right).

Hi
Thanks for the replies, bottom left tells me it’s performing full download of edsm database which after a while says completed (0) (this happens on every launch) right side panel says it’s doing various things then history refresh completed then... nothing :( I’ll try leaving it alone for longer, the problem being that the window is permanently at the front (everything opens behind it) and I can’t minimise as the very top bar is greyed out.
Thanks again for the help
Regards
G

Haven’t upgraded to 11.05 yet, but noticing that (I think since the September update, certainly patch2) the window on the right isn’t updating to current system as it used to do, as soon as I arrived in system, but seems to stick at the last system where I docked. Have I got a setting wrong? Is this a known bug? Will 11.05 cure it?

EDIT: updated & I think that bug may have gone, BUT how do I now show the “buy/sell cargo” that I’m sure I used to be able to do with their own filter settings?

Last edited:
@jorki not sure what you mean about buy sell cargo. You can filter on Market Sell/Buy for commodities in the main travel history, or see the transactions in the Commodity panel.

Doh, looking for the wrong thing! Will try that, thanks!
But the system information panel still seems to not be updating to current system when I jump; I have to select the top row in travel history for it to update (it seems the travel history isn’t scrolling). I’m not reporting to EDSM etc at the moment, could it be related to that?

You haven't accidentally turned off the option to move to the latest entry as it arrives (button at the top of the travel history grid)?

You haven't accidentally turned off the option to move to the latest entry as it arrives (button at the top of the travel history grid)?

Probably, but didn’t see an obvious button, these old eyes! Will check when I get back in game!
Thanks

Edit: think that was it. Just updated to latest & checked the button. It’s not actually very clear that it’s selected, just a slightly thicker border on my colour scheme (plain black & white) & at my age (67) almost indistinguishable. Could I suggest perhaps making ‘selected’ just a little more visually obvious please? Either different colour shading and/or thicker (& different colour?) border? 🤓

Last edited:
Top Bottom