EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

+1. I really love this tool and use it all the time, have been a long term fan of it. Keep up the great work.

Quick question regarding the voice pack:

I really like the voice pack and have downloaded textaloud voices to augment it. I have gone into the voice pack configuration to limit how much the voice pack actually speaks: she appears to be giving me so much data on planets that she is never actually catching up with the system I am scanning, she cannot keep pace with me. I have tried my best to limit the data she speaks to me but she is still not keeping up, is there anything I am not doing right with relation to the voice pack and data spoken?

I am currently doing the following:

On the Scan tab I am disabling: Star mass/mag/planet basic
On the EDSm tab I am disabling: Disable EDSM info
On the FSD tab I am disabling: Fuel level reports/faction reports

Advice appreciated.

Last edited:
Seem to remember EDSM has a count of first discoveries, so perhaps also a list?

That is on the Statistics panel.

It has been similarly borked by the Multi-sell journal and will no longer include any tags you got from selling a whole page at a time from 3.3 :(

That is on the Statistics panel.

It has been similarly borked by the Multi-sell journal and will no longer include any tags you got from selling a whole page at a time from 3.3 :(

What a shame! And I was looking last night but couldn’t see an easy way to extract a list of my first discoveries.

Yeah, that multi-sell journal entry is a real pain. I was trying to script up some journal analysis, and what I was doing will no longer be possible. That change in the journals with 3.3 needs to die in a fire.

Yeah, that multi-sell journal entry is a real pain. I was trying to script up some journal analysis, and what I was doing will no longer be possible. That change in the journals with 3.3 needs to die in a fire.

Has it been raised as a bug? FD do seem to listen to players when there is a reason to change some mechanic.

@ Cdr Voorheez

Did you use the voice configuration panel to control the output.. in AddOns, voice configuration, you can turn on/off stuff in the scan output - that's your first port of call.

If you want to remove a part of the output beyond that, go into the Add-On edit pack, edit the voice pack, and use the program selector (at botton) to edit SetUpLanguageEnglish.

Each one of the variables in this program define a part of the output. Most of them are a one to one with the event (Say_CrewFire for instance) .

For Scan, there are multiple. The Scan ones are say_scan..

Her, if you want, you can just change the text of each part of the scan output. For instance, to remove volcanism, change:

say_ScanPlanetVolcanism $=

leaving it blank after the = means no string, no text, etc.

Keep the variable - don't delete it.

Last edited:
This has probably nothing to do with EDD, but since the message comes from there, I thought I'd see if anyone else was getting this...

If I try to sync data with EGO, it will work for a few scans, but will mostly come up with the message

"Failed to send scan for <x>"

At this point, I've accumulated over 4500 unsynced scans for EGO, so maybe it thinks I am doing a DOS attack on it and just closes the conncection each time [blah]

Does anyone else get this, or is it just me? If there is a better place to ask the question, could someone point me to it please?

I was just looking at the ED patch notes for tomorrow, and noticed this line item:

• Add info in Scan event to show if the body was previously discovered or mapped

It doesn't say if that includes the name and/or date of the discoverer(s), but this could be huge. Will this get tracked and sent to EDSM? Obviously we already have several years of data that won't have this, but discoverer information would be really cool to track.

I was just looking at the ED patch notes for tomorrow, and noticed this line item:

• Add info in Scan event to show if the body was previously discovered or mapped
It doesn't say if that includes the name and/or date of the discoverer(s), but this could be huge. Will this get tracked and sent to EDSM? Obviously we already have several years of data that won't have this, but discoverer information would be really cool to track.
I know EDDI will make good use of this!

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that. Had to read it a few time to make sure I was reading it correctly :D

EDD will send it to EDSM, cos we just chuck the journal entry in its entirety over the wall.

What useful things we can do with it will become apparent when we see what's in there and something will no doubt appear presently.

EDD will send it to EDSM, cos we just chuck the journal entry in its entirety over the wall.

Awesome. I couldn't remember if the entries were sent whole, or if they were parsed first and then sent to a more specific API. Letting EDSM sort it out is probably best for everyone. :D

On a separate note, one or two people have mentioned to me that EDD doesn't seem to have an "export as JSON" option anymore. If that was taken out intentionally, I can change the instructions on my EDastro history video maker so that it doesn't suggest doing that anymore, but I figured I should ask if it was removed for a reason, or whether it's coming back, etc.

Top Bottom