EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

It's been reported, I've not been able to reproduce though.
If you need any information from me I’d be pleased to help. This issue is really quite annoying, in a trivial way; particularly during DW2 when I was commenting on most systems I entered.

On a side issue, my second account (young clone Tyko) has just been out surveying NGC 7822 as part of his 5kly trip to befriend Palin. I noticed I’d get “BH” or “2BH” comment popping up automatically if the system had those bodies, is this expected behaviour as part of the fss scan? or is it bleedthrough from the Jorki account comments? I surveyed that area about 2 years ago as part of my return from a Formidine Rift trip - It did not happen automatically for one system with a BH that I think Jorki missed.

I had assumed information on the two Cmdr accounts were kept separate by EDD, but perhaps not?

Comments are currently linked to the system, not the journal entry, so will show up everywhere that system appears in your travel logs.

Mmm, so what happens when Tyko gets to a system that Jorki has previously visited? Would Tyko see the system map as accessible before jumping in but on arrival EDD would say first visit?

The scans are per commander, so EDD won't show you the system data as Tyko until you've scanned it (unless you've got bodies from EDSM turned on), and it should show you the correct number of visits for each Cmdr if you switch between them.

I've just looked in the db and the system notes table has acquired a Journal ID column, so it is only older comments that show up against every jump into a system.

I’ve noticed that when I type in a note e.g. “Rapid Pulsar”, after a while I get “Rapid Pulsar. EDSM: Rapid Pulsar” displayed. This seems to be a newish thing. Have I checked a box that I shouldn’t?
I’ve always uploaded to and downloaded from EDSM but only recently noticed this.

It's been reported, I've not been able to reproduce though.
Happens on my build too. Haven't had time to try to investigate though (lucky to get any gaming time these days). Seems to be some background events coming in (eg auto-scan) which keep resetting the focus in the Note field.

Happens on my build too. Haven't had time to try to investigate though (lucky to get any gaming time these days). Seems to be some background events coming in (eg auto-scan) which keep resetting the focus in the Note field.

Yes, makes sense to me from what I see. Whatever event it is must happen every couple of seconds

I think I've just found a bug? No idea if it has been reported. Anyway, B Type Supergiant is properly recognized in "Codex Entry" log, but categorized as "Class Unknown Star" in "Autoscan of A" log.

It seems that my EDD database has barfed itself. EDD occasionally crashes such that I have to kill it in the task manager, which is usually fine. However now, I only have some screenshot events in the event history, and everything else is absent. Re-scanning the journals also failed to repopulate it. The filters should be showing "all", but all I get are some screenshot events. Statistics all show zeroes too.

EDIT: Now the screenshot events are gone, and the entire event history is empty.

What's the cleanest way to nuke it and start fresh? I'd rather not lose my settings, but the journals are all still here.

EDIT 2: Never mind, ... Nothing seemed to help, until I closed it down cleanly and restarted it again, and then it recovered. Looks OK now.

Last edited:

For future incidents: Starting EDD with 'shift + double click' opens a safe mode. There you can rebuild the system db.
And in case this doesn't help: rename (or delete) EDDUser.sqlite and EDDSystem.sqlite before starting EDD and re-scanning your journal files (although this way you lose everything that's not in the journal files).

For future incidents: Starting EDD with 'shift + double click' opens a safe mode. There you can rebuild the system db.
And in case this doesn't help: rename (or delete) EDDUser.sqlite and EDDSystem.sqlite before starting EDD and re-scanning your journal files (although this way you lose everything that's not in the journal files).

Sorry to ask, but what wouldn’t be in the journal files?

Anyone know how I could backup my database and restore it later? I'm planning to do a fresh windows install tomorrow and while I can backup my ED log files, I think I have some data in EDDiscovery that was from another PC or that predates log files. Is it possible to backup/restore the EDDiscovery data itself? If not no biggie, but would be nice to keep it intact. Thanks!

Anyone know how I could backup my database and restore it later? I'm planning to do a fresh windows install tomorrow and while I can backup my ED log files, I think I have some data in EDDiscovery that was from another PC or that predates log files. Is it possible to backup/restore the EDDiscovery data itself? If not no biggie, but would be nice to keep it intact. Thanks!

EDDUser.sqlite has all your data, so that's the one you want to keep.

EDDSystem.sqlite has data from EDSM etc, that will be re-downloaded when you re-install but if you want to avoid a large download you can keep that too.

By default the databases are in %userprofile%\AppData\Local\EDDiscovery

Top Bottom