Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

I decided to give this a look, but on Download my 360 anti-virus security warned of a Trojan malware and force deleted part of the program! I suspect this is an error, but I want to confirm that it is?

How do? I just started using EDDiscovery for the first time, along with EDSM & EDMC and it's all a little overwhelming to say the least. I'm having trouble working out if things are working as expected or not (eg EDSM isn't showing my fleet info anywhere near correctly). Anyway, while looking around EDDiscovery, checking that I had everything set up correctly (file paths and what not) I saw the below option under Admin;

'Show Elite Dangerous directory'

Obviously this should just open an explorer on the elite dangerous folder, however nothing happens. I'm putting that down to the fact I have the game installed on a different drive (non default path), but I can't see a way to point EDDiscovery to that folder. Would the fact I have the game installed under a non default path cause any issues? I got the impression that EDDiscovery would populate EDSM with my stats/info, however I know that I've had to manually upload my netlogs as non travel info was being passed to SM
Sorry if I'm completely wrong, but it's not been straightforward getting all these apps to work and most video guides and online documentation I could find seemed to discuss much older versions, and while the Frontier forums are packed with too much info (some threads have 150+ pages, going back a couple of years)...it's hard to get the your head round it all

Last edited:
Fuel/Gas

Thanks for a great program that's becoming amazing! I'm out exploring at the moment, making max range jumps so running at low levels of fuel often. In voicepack 1 I got a nice warning of a low fuelstate. In voicepack 2 I get told I'm low on gas. Being a limey this is slightly grating (it's not even gasoline:)) any way to change it back to talking about fuel?

Thanks!

I decided to give this a look, but on Download my 360 anti-virus security warned of a Trojan malware and force deleted part of the program! I suspect this is an error, but I want to confirm that it is?

Yeah, we get false positives on AV regularly - not every release and not every AV provider but it is a pain.

How do? I just started using EDDiscovery for the first time, along with EDSM & EDMC and it's all a little overwhelming to say the least.

I don't think we need the actual Elite directory for anything - although if your journal files aren't going to the standard location as a result (the Saved Games folder in your user directory being the default) then you might need to specify a journal override location on the settings tab - however if you're seeing a travel history in EDD then that's alright.

To sync with EDSM you need to specify your EDSM API Key on the settings tab (you can get that from the Account section on the EDSM website). It should then work.

The fleet upload from EDSM is a bit patchy at the minute - the Companion API is being integrated for v7 and then it should know all about all your ships and tell EDSM but currently we only know about the ship you're sat in when you log in.

For more EDD documentation there's a wiki on github which is not yet comprehensive but is growing.

I don't think we need the actual Elite directory for anything - although if your journal files aren't going to the standard location as a result (the Saved Games folder in your user directory being the default) then you might need to specify a journal override location on the settings tab - however if you're seeing a travel history in EDD then that's alright.

Ah, that's good to know.

To sync with EDSM you need to specify your EDSM API Key on the settings tab (you can get that from the Account section on the EDSM website). It should then work.

Yeah I had that entered, but none of the journey info was being moved across. I had to log in to EDSM and manually load the netlogs. Is that how it's supposed to be, or should all this be done by the app and I'm doing something wrong?

The fleet upload from EDSM is a bit patchy at the minute - the Companion API is being integrated for v7 and then it should know all about all your ships and tell EDSM but currently we only know about the ship you're sat in when you log in.

So it's not something I'm doing wrong? Kewl :D

For more EDD documentation there's a wiki on github which is not yet comprehensive but is growing.

Yeah I did try looking through some of that, mainly when I was trying to work out the Elite file directory puzzle, but couldn't find a solution to that specific thing...but that's cause it wasn't a thing anyhow. It didn't help that I was trying to work how EDD, EDSM and EDMC work all at the same time [blah]
I'm hoping to have another sneak peek at the wiki tomorrow if I get some down time in work.

Many thanks for the response, it's much appreciated.

Yeah I had that entered, but none of the journey info was being moved across. I had to log in to EDSM and manually load the netlogs. Is that how it's supposed to be, or should all this be done by the app and I'm doing something wrong?

Yeah, syncing with EDSM should just work if you have your API key right - do your commander names match between EDD and EDSM? I'm not 100% certain if a mismatch will upset EDSM. Also there is a Sync To EDSM check box in the Comanders grid on the settings tab - you do have that checked, right?

Thanks for a great program that's becoming amazing! I'm out exploring at the moment, making max range jumps so running at low levels of fuel often. In voicepack 1 I got a nice warning of a low fuelstate. In voicepack 2 I get told I'm low on gas. Being a limey this is slightly grating (it's not even gasoline:)) any way to change it back to talking about fuel?

Thanks!

Well, i'm English too. It says one of a random set of phrases.

Alert commander, fuel level is low;Fuel level is low;Warning, running low on gas here.

We do have USA commanders too!

Last edited:
I really would use the Voice Information syste mas well, but...
because running my PC OS in German language mode the voice system reads then english information ans spells them in the ugliest
accent the system can provide.
I turned it off after listning 90 secs. Its just too hard to listen to.

I'd like to have then english version beside running my Computer is German. That woluld already fit for me instead of a fully german translation
of all the comments.

Anyone knows what I need to do?

Regards,
Miklos

Last edited:
So this is a windows thing

EDDiscovery orders English from your windows voice engine.

But if it does not support it, your in trouble.

You need to get another voice like an inova voice.

I'd like to have then english version beside running my Computer is German. That woluld already fit for me instead of a fully german translation
of all the comments.

Anyone knows what I need to do?

I got much better pronunciation after I changed the voice. Select "Configure voice" from the menu "Add-Ons", then select a different voice from the dropdown control labelled "Voice" (duh!). On my Win10 system I selected "Microsoft Zira Desktop".

Hi Guys. Thanks for this amazing tool :)

I have one problem though: it seems that it adds gigabyte after gigabyte in C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Local folder. Due to the limited disk space on C: i will soon run into a serious problem. Is there any way to change the setting so these entries go to a custom folder (like D:\ for example)? I was unable to find how to change this.

Thanks.

You can switch to the Portable Version and put the databases with the program or you can add an options.txt file to your EDD install directory and define database locations in there using the systemdbpath and userdbpath options - format is just option value with one per line.

e.g.

userdbpath D:\data\edduser.sqlite
systemdbpath D:\data\eddsystem.sqlite

(I really must add this to the wiki this weekend, I've pasted into several threads and discord conversations recently)

You can switch to the Portable Version and put the databases with the program or you can add an options.txt file to your EDD install directory and define database locations in there using the systemdbpath and userdbpath options - format is just option value with one per line.

e.g.

userdbpath D:\data\edduser.sqlite
systemdbpath D:\data\eddsystem.sqlite

(I really must add this to the wiki this weekend, I've pasted into several threads and discord conversations recently)

Great, i will try these options.
Thanks for the help :)

Maybe if you downloaded an English language pack from Microsoft that would be sufficient? Not at my computer right now but I think you do it from the Language Control Panel.

Slight error with Ammonia World that has Ammonia and Oxygen Atmosphere, in EDDiscovery it reports it as "Ammoniaoxygen" rather than "Ammonia and Oxygen" obviously because that's what the Jornal states.

Journal Entry:

{ "timestamp":"2017-03-06T02:43:25Z", "event":"Scan", "BodyName":"SYSTEM NAME REDACTED", "DistanceFromArrivalLS":847.401672, "TidalLock":false, "TerraformState":"", "PlanetClass":"Ammonia world", "Atmosphere":"", "AtmosphereType":"AmmoniaOxygen", "Volcanism":"", "MassEM":0.219809, "Radius":3821726.250000, "SurfaceGravity":5.998410, "SurfaceTemperature":228.490982, "SurfacePressure":130540.921875, "Landable":false, "SemiMajorAxis":254043308032.000000, "Eccentricity":0.000008, "OrbitalInclination":-0.042359, "Periapsis":95.142365, "OrbitalPeriod":81922296.000000, "RotationPeriod":94624.789063 }

6URcFeU.png

Yeah, syncing with EDSM should just work if you have your API key right - do your commander names match between EDD and EDSM? I'm not 100% certain if a mismatch will upset EDSM. Also there is a Sync To EDSM check box in the Comanders grid on the settings tab - you do have that checked, right?

Yeah all that seemed to be setup correctly. Fortunately there was an update prompt when I loaded it up, so I installed everything and re entered everything and then it was all fine and dandy there after, so whatever was up (likely to be on my side) it's not an issue not. Thanks for all the help. It's a great tool.

More fun with atmospheres :p
Surface pressure is in Pascals in the journal, but to convert to "Atmospheres" like in the system map, the factor is 101325, not 100k.

Personally I prefer kPa, but meh. What really gets me is FD mixing Ls and AU, and not even bothering when an orbit is less than 5 Ls (0.01 AU), and that's not even getting to stations that are under 10000 km SMA (0.03 Ls). Then there's rotation and orbital periods less than 1.5 hrs (<0.1 days), and millisecond pulsars (fast spin neutron stars) I have seen that rotate faster than 1 millisecond! For a game which handles scale so well, they don't really know how to tell you about it...

Coming up in 6.2 which will be released when 2.3 launches.. optimisations to journal reading. New synthesis view. Full support of all new 2.3 journal events. Voice pack updated. New load out control to give you the current load out of your ship. Plus more

Also export to excel for the journals and travel history view.
Coriolis export of ship loadout
Cleaned up a lot of the output from the journal to use standard naming.

Top Bottom