Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

EDDiscovery 7.0.0 is released today.

https://github.com/EDDiscovery/EDDiscovery/releases/tag/Release_7.0.0

Many changes to support Elite Dangerous 2.3

New Load out panel with Coriolis integration. Track the modules on your ship. Export to Corolis (excepting any Engineer modifications which Frontier does not currently tell us above via Journals)

New Synthesis panel. Show what enhancements you can make with your available resources. Set up a wish list and it will tell you want you can make and what you need to make more.

Updated voice support for all new journal events

New Mission panel. Display current missions and past missions, total rewards.

Ship information is sent to EDSM

Improvements to importing systems into trilateration

New 2.3 Journal entries added.

Lots of effort into normalising and making the journal data human readable.

Lots of changes under the hood and a many bug fixes.

Found an unknown journal event. Looks like you've got "ChangeCrewRole" which is local cmdr changing roles, and then there's "CrewMemberRoleChange", which appears to be other cmdrs in multicrew changing roles. Can be reliably produced whenever a cmdr joins multicrew (and switches roles I would guess, though I haven't tested that).

Code:
{ "timestamp":"2017-04-12T01:05:34Z", "event":"CrewMemberJoins", "Crew":"~~~~" }
{ "timestamp":"2017-04-12T01:05:34Z", "event":"CrewMemberRoleChange", "Crew":"~~~~", "Role":"Idle" }

{ "timestamp":"2017-04-12T02:40:58Z", "event":"CrewMemberJoins", "Crew":"&&&&" }
{ "timestamp":"2017-04-12T02:40:58Z", "event":"CrewMemberRoleChange", "Crew":"&&&&", "Role":"Idle" }

{ "timestamp":"2017-04-12T02:58:48Z", "event":"CrewMemberJoins", "Crew":"****" }
{ "timestamp":"2017-04-12T02:58:48Z", "event":"CrewMemberRoleChange", "Crew":"****", "Role":"Idle" }

Also the Pascals to Atmospheres conversion is still incorrect. I may also be tracking down a windows DPI scaling issue, but I'll get back to you on that...

Love EDDiscovery guys! You rock!

Thanks. We are a nice fun team developing on EDDiscovery now and thanks to you users ideas we get nice feedback and more ideas.

To be true i think FDevs is very competent and agile. But from our point of view less good on response and communication. But they have a much bigger ship to stear and its slower to turn and harder to just release a middle version with nice changes.

The journals FDevs makde is a goldmine for us and we can do so much more with that in the future. And feedback from us developers have made them change the journal to the better. Not always in our pace wishes and taste but its getting better and better for each release i think.

Communication with FDevs could be better but i understand that they have limited time and a much bigger scope then just keep us 3rd party developers happy. But just a little more communication would make many 3rd party developers happier. Just a no or maybee or it will come later is better then silence. I periods we have got good and fast responce from hchalkley :)

To get back to EDDiscovery. Just to tease you. We are working on some nice things for version 8.0. Big thing in that version will be support for ED's Companion API. We now get prices into EDD everytime we dock and start of ED if docked. Initial test to send commodities prices to EDDN seems good to. Now its just a question on how to use the price data in EDD.....

Seconded. Frontier has given us a valuable addition to the game with the journals. We are now, five months on, just beginning to data mine it. We had to do a lot of re-organisation to support the journal, but now thats over, more data mining and useful tools like the synthesis and engineering, mission lists etc can be written.

As well as the companion API, which Finwen and I are doing right now, in the future I'm going to integrate voice recognition to control EDD, and hopefully joystick/keyboard sensing so it can see what your doing to the ship, thus providing even more event information to the program to enhance and enrich it.

Seconded. Frontier has given us a valuable addition to the game with the journals. We are now, five months on, just beginning to data mine it. We had to do a lot of re-organisation to support the journal, but now thats over, more data mining and useful tools like the synthesis and engineering, mission lists etc can be written.

As well as the companion API, which Finwen and I are doing right now, in the future I'm going to integrate voice recognition to control EDD, and hopefully joystick/keyboard sensing so it can see what your doing to the ship, thus providing even more event information to the program to enhance and enrich it.

Damn, I'm going to need a third screen on my game computer. That means a bigger desk as well.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
Just back from holiday and looking around 2.3.
The new journal is great for background sim workers but can someone confirm the only way to generate the entries is to log out and back in while docked in the target star system?
After flying around i was hoping the journal would get generated as i go but it seems its only on loading like your commander data.

Journals generally are generated continuously as you play the game. Given your reference to the background sim, do you mean the system state and faction info journal message specifically? If so then yes, that is AFAIK only written on system entry (either by logging into the game or jumping into the system from elsewhere).

From Exported Journal .csv to Importable Route .txt

Hello everyone, this may already be a well known process but I figured it out for myself today and wanted to share with the forum.

I have a relatively simple process to convert the easily exported .csv format Journal log into an importable .txt that the Route/Expedition panel can recognize. I needed this because a) I used a route I really liked to get home from the Cat's Eye Nebula and b) I forgot to plot out the route as I went and c) I'm lazy. Since this was a route that very much depended on each jump, rather than waypoints, I needed my full flight log.

Here's what I did.

First, I filtered the journal with the "Event Filter" button to only show travel related entries.

Next I used the time dropdown to limit my view to only the time period I was on this particular route (for me that was "24 hourse" I used the Neutron Superhighway and seriously cut down on my trip time).

After that, I exported the data to excel using the "Send data on grid to excel" button (the one that looks like the excel icon).

Now that you have a .csv of your route, open it in excel (for me it was in "C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\EDDiscovery\Exploration").

Scroll down until you get to the entry for the destination system, delete everything UNDER that line (If you have traveled since you got home from the route, you will need to delete any entries above what you want to be your starting point).

Delete the first, third and fourth columns, leaving only the column with the heading "Description".

Hit "Ctrl-F" to open the find window and select the "Replace" tab. In the "Find" field type "Jump to" Leave the replace field blank. Hit the "Replace All Button"

Go to the "Data" tab, click the "Remove Duplicates" button. ***This step is only really necessary if you have duplicate jumps to the same system, for some reason I did, and I would rather play it safe.***

Delete the Header Row (Row 1) by right-clicking on the number 1 at the beginning of the row and selecting "Delete".

Now, click "File", "Save As", from the "Save as Type" dropdown box select "Text (tab delineated)". Name the file what you want and save.

Now, go back to EDDiscovery and and open the "Routes/Expeditions" tab.

Click "Import File", navigate to where your .txt file is saved and chose it, then click "Open".

That should do it! You now have your Route imported!

Like I said, I may be repeating old information, but wanted to share unless anyone else had this need!

Thanks,
CMDR Kuretes

Hi,

Liking this as an alternative to EDToolbox, that I have used for years and waited for almost as long for a Journal parser

Any chance the Devs can look at how this ED app adds voice: tts4ed
It does a fantastic job with TTS and from reading the readit, in future the TTS will be free for all, due to caching and sharing.
It's specific purpose is the add voices to NPC chatter, with background static etc, as I said it does a fantastic job with voice.

So, speaking for me,i would not want to use a paid for third party online voice system like this. edd is free software, and i would not want to tie it to something you have to pay for.

But, we may look at i proving the AI chatter in future. There is no reason why we could not do something like this, but it would have to use your own speech voices.

So, speaking for me,i would not want to use a paid for third party online voice system like this. edd is free software, and i would not want to tie it to something you have to pay for.

But, we may look at i proving the AI chatter in future. There is no reason why we could not do something like this, but it would have to use your own speech voices.

I appreciate keeping it free and indeed TTS4ED is doing just that, with caching and sharing.
Please take a closer look at how the voices can be significantly improved and for free with enough people signed up to this.

More on making TTS4ED free here

Sounds great! With enough time this should become effectively free for everyone then.

Yep, that is correct.

Any reason it tells me "EliteDangerous is not running." every time I load the program? Regardless if the game is running or not?

Journals generally are generated continuously as you play the game. Given your reference to the background sim, do you mean the system state and faction info journal message specifically? If so then yes, that is AFAIK only written on system entry (either by logging into the game or jumping into the system from elsewhere).

I mean the journal entry that outputs the faction % and states, it was added as part of 2.3 but it only seem to be generated once at the same time you log in along with your combat ranks etc and not every time you jump into a system or dock.
It means if i wanted to push the faction states to eddb i'll need to jump and then log out/in at every system rather than just flying through or docking there.

*Edit* Just found and looked at the journals and it does seem like the faction % are reported each jump, the issue is that EDDiscovery doesn't report that in its journal viewer.
So it looks like its just a display issue rather than the data not being forwarded.

EDDiscovery:
10.05 ly, Fuel 0.1t left 31.9t Faction:Hambula Blue Advanced Industry, Allegiance:Federation, Economy:Industrial

Journal for the same event:
Code:
{ "timestamp":"2017-04-22T10:02:27Z", "event":"FSDJump", "StarSystem":"Hambula", "StarPos":[-39.656,6.125,-2.500], "SystemAllegiance":"Federation", "SystemEconomy":"$economy_Industrial;", "SystemEconomy_Localised":"Industrial", "SystemGovernment":"$government_Corporate;", "SystemGovernment_Localised":"Corporate", "SystemSecurity":"$SYSTEM_SECURITY_high;", "SystemSecurity_Localised":"High Security", "JumpDist":10.047, "FuelUsed":0.130005, "FuelLevel":31.869995, "Factions":[ { "Name":"LHS 3577 Electronics Solutions", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.035964, "Allegiance":"Independent" }, { "Name":"Independent Hambula Values Party", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Democracy", "Influence":0.089910, "Allegiance":"Federation" }, { "Name":"Hambula Freedom Party", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Dictatorship", "Influence":0.035964, "Allegiance":"Independent" }, { "Name":"Llwyddi Di Network", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.137862, "Allegiance":"Federation" }, { "Name":"Hambula Blue Advanced Industry", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.399600, "Allegiance":"Federation" }, { "Name":"LHS 3549 Blue Dynamic PLC", "FactionState":"Boom", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.220779, "Allegiance":"Federation" }, { "Name":"Hambula Purple Brotherhood", "FactionState":"Outbreak", "Government":"Anarchy", "Influence":0.079920, "Allegiance":"Independent" } ], "SystemFaction":"Hambula Blue Advanced Industry" }

Last edited:
Top Bottom