Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

Scan value is as correct as it can be. The actual amount you will get will likely be much higher as the multipliers for first discovered and first mapped are much bigger than the first discovery bonus used to be (more than times 9 if you get both) but we don't know if you'll get those or not so don't include them. The bonuses for full system scan/mapping are not shown either and can be significant.

I've not noticed any EGO issues

EGO is getting slammed. I sometimes have 200+ scan events waiting. It's DW 2. :(

EGO is getting slammed. I sometimes have 200+ scan events waiting. It's DW 2. :(

I am up to 1980 at the moment.... Sometimes it allows about a dozen through before dying, but tonight it just died straight away. I did wonder if DW2 was having a bad effect of EGO; it was never fast at the best of times, but it seems to have been sent over the edge right now :)

I exported my bookmarks (great thing that this is possible now) and deleted all of them. Then I wanted to import them again (not that I need them, I was just curios), but nothing happened.
Neither the csv file with with 'commas' nor the csv file with 'semicolons' can be imported.

The files can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VVvwwcOCMGTsuJNowwZdGlRVeVpW7C0u/view?usp=sharing (commas)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LBt66WaRwSxIJ6_ny-p2UQl3Z5RdlKUy/view?usp=sharing (semicolons)

(I somehow managed to post this in the ED Profiler thread and wondered why no-one answered me! :D)

Apologies if this is already answered somewhere - I did quick search and saw nothing.

I use this tool extensively, and I must express my gratitude for the immense amount of work :) I would like to know if there are plans to add icons on the scan results to show bio/geo/xeno signals on scanned bodies? Would be very helpful if possible? :D

(I somehow managed to post this in the ED Profiler thread and wondered why no-one answered me! :D)

Apologies if this is already answered somewhere - I did quick search and saw nothing.

I use this tool extensively, and I must express my gratitude for the immense amount of work :) I would like to know if there are plans to add icons on the scan results to show bio/geo/xeno signals on scanned bodies? Would be very helpful if possible? :D

see https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ch-Star-Maps?p=7359583&viewfull=1#post7359583 (10 posts above yours)

Last edited:
Does EDDiscovery get the data/messages from scanned data links like tourist or visitor beacons? I thought maybe it did but after doing a few passenger missions I don't see anything in the log history. I also scanned a listening post near a planet in Merope (iirc) related to finding the Thargoids and it isn't in the log. Is there some verbose logging for these kind of messages?

Edit:
After looking through my journal logs and the journal logs it appears that the messages from scanned beacons/listening posts aren't saved in the journal. Tourist beacon messages are saved in the Codex and logs from things like Dav's Hope are saved there as well in an abandoned settlement section.

The one thing I can't find is a record of the listening post data I found in HR 1183, I've been told it's related to finding the Thargoids. I should probably head to the location in the message. I ran into a Thargoid in the HR 1183 system but didn't have a xeno scanner so it came up as unknown.

Last edited:
EDD Voice Pack 10 text-to-speech output in German?

Hi everyone!

A quick search in this threat gave me no results so I apologize if this has been asked before.

I play ED in German on a german Windows 10 OS. I really like EDD a lot (thank You for this great tool!) and use it with Speech Pack 10. In EDD I selected 'Deutsch-DE' as language. While I have the menu items in german, the information shown in the different tabs are still in English. This is ok for me since I guess that these are direct log file outputs from ED. But I really would like EDD to 'talk' to me in German.

Of course, the default text-to-speech language is English. But EDD comes along with a german voice. I can hear it sometimes when it reads npc messages. So, is there a way to alter the default output language?

What I did so far:

- Edited the EDD speech file and changed the entries for
'Global SpeechDefinitionFile = SetUpLanguageEnglish' to 'Global SpeechDefinitionFile = SetUpLanguageGerman'
'Static SpeechCulture = en-gb' to 'Static SpeechCulture = de-de'
- Restarted EDD
- Received the welcome message still in English language, but ...this time with a terrible german accent - so far so good!
- After that I thought it is now time to translate the messages within the speech file and that would be it -> nope!
- When I tried to access the speech file again it did not open. I got an error message instead, telling me something like 'Voice Pack not installed'.
- To get access to the speech file I had to uninstall and reinstall the Speech Pack 10. So, I'm back to the point where I started from!

On Github I found this small hint on the 'Using voice packs' page:
'You may also want to translate the file. Contact the ED Discovery team if you wish to do that, we can tell you how to do it.'

So, here I am, hoping for Your help!

Best regards!
Lonegone

I’m constantly getting a repeating message: The EDD end responder is an invalid state and cannot send messages...
nothing I do makes any difference and the constant repeating is enough to drive someone insane. It happens when I land at stations and when I scan nav beacons. Does anyone have any ideas?

I’m constantly getting a repeating message: The EDD end responder is an invalid state and cannot send messages...
nothing I do makes any difference and the constant repeating is enough to drive someone insane. It happens when I land at stations and when I scan nav beacons. Does anyone have any ideas?

The servers are getting slammed. :(

@lonegone - if you look at the voicepack (located in appdata\eddiscovery\actions) in a text editor (Notepad++ really needed due to UTF8)

You will see SetUpLanguageEnglish program

To make a german version, you would copy that program, call it SetUpLanguageGerman, then edit the text in each entry. And SpeechCulture.

Finally, you would change OnStartup call to call that program instead of english.

If you join our discord server, you can talk more interactively with us for help.

Last edited:
@lonegone - if you look at the voicepack (located in appdata\eddiscovery\actions) in a text editor (Notepad++ really needed due to UTF8)

You will see SetUpLanguageEnglish program...

@robbyp: Thanks a lot!
You really got me started now. I completly overlooked the EDD folder in %APPDATA%. So far I only had a look at the EDD folder in 'Program files' and always thought that there must be something else to get the prog working...[noob]

How can I get access to Your discord server?

Do I need to anything extra for ED Discovery to track My DW 3305 journey? I really want to earn my expedition badge. I selected expedition and tried to enter DW 3305 but I found out that wasn't correct.

Hello,

I am using EDDiscovery - great program btw. - and I have a question:

I am using the route finder (having downloaded all the systems in the area), and there seems to be a problem: If I try to plot a certain (long, ~1500 ly) route I have entries named 'WAYPOINT'. My ship (DBX) has a jump range of 33 ly, which I entered. The route is fine, I even manged to circumvent one or two of these 'WAYPOINT' systems, which are no systems at all. But I am unable to reach my target. I did not yet try to plot other paths, it is not so important.

I just would like to know what 'WAYPOINT' means: I suspect, that the route finder could not find a route with my jump range and left these waypoints in the route. I experimented a bit and if I set my jump range to a higher value, there are less and less such 'WAYPOINT' entries until the route is free of it and seems to work. (Did not try it obviously, since my ships has only 33 ly).

I also experimented with the route finding options (dev < 500 lj, and so on), but no luck.

My question: Is correct what I said above? And is there way to deal with this problem without changing the ships jump range? Is there some trick to use the route finder more efficient?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello,

I am using EDDiscovery - great program btw. - and I have a question:

I am using the route finder (having downloaded all the systems in the area), and there seems to be a problem: If I try to plot a certain (long, ~1500 ly) route I have entries named 'WAYPOINT'. My ship (DBX) has a jump range of 33 ly, which I entered. The route is fine, I even manged to circumvent one or two of these 'WAYPOINT' systems, which are no systems at all. But I am unable to reach my target. I did not yet try to plot other paths, it is not so important.

I just would like to know what 'WAYPOINT' means: I suspect, that the route finder could not find a route with my jump range and left these waypoints in the route. I experimented a bit and if I set my jump range to a higher value, there are less and less such 'WAYPOINT' entries until the route is free of it and seems to work. (Did not try it obviously, since my ships has only 33 ly).

I also experimented with the route finding options (dev < 500 lj, and so on), but no luck.

My question: Is correct what I said above? And is there way to deal with this problem without changing the ships jump range? Is there some trick to use the route finder more efficient?

Thank you!

WAYPOINT just means that EDDiscovery could not find any system near that location in its database. It doesn't mean that there is no system nearby, only that no systems known to EDSM are nearby.

Note that the EDDiscovery route plotter was designed when the 1000ly in-game plotting limit was still in effect (the limit for economical and for plots filtered by visited systems is still 1000ly, but the limit for fastest is 20kly).

Perhaps one thing we can do is to suggest a c0 or d0 procgen system name to look for near the waypoint (a Procgen Sector AB-C c1-0 system can be anywhere in a 40x40x40 cube and will not be a neutron star, while a Procgen Sector AB-C d1-0 system can be anywhere in a 80x80x80 cube and there is a chance it'll be a neutron star). Note that in very sparse areas such systems may not actually exist.

Last edited:
Top Bottom