Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

Never seen that, what Windows version are you running?

I can't reproduce that. Does holding shift definitely work still in other apps for you and this is definitely an EDD specific issue?

I have always had that same issue since I've started using EDDiscovery ages ago. I'm on Windows 10 if that means anything, but yes it's kind of annoying, but I've just learned to get used to backspacing and re-shifting and selecting the letter again to make the double caps...

Windows 10, never had that problem in anything else. Also the behaviour is different inside EDD (works normally when clicking the Note box on the right side, but doesn't work when clicking the column in the event line and typing from there), which i suppose would rather indicate EDD ?
Well, it's not gamebreaking so if it's hard to track down i can live with it.

Just finished translating EDD into Russian. You can download it here: goo.gl/JP94rK
(Extract the files into a program folder and select a language in the settings)

Fly safe, cmdrs

Yes, you've seen it. the new forum is a little stupid. Lets try again.

10.5.3. is out. it fixes a few n_i_g_g_l_e_s found by the users.

10.5.4.0 seems to have an update to VoicepackV11. Anything worth losing all my custom changes for?
Love the app.. can not run Ed without now. So smooth.

\\///
O9
==
Spike.K

You could diff your version vs 11 and update that way.. depends what you've updated. 11 has more control over stuff.

You could diff your version vs 11 and update that way.. depends what you've updated. 11 has more control over stuff.
I have been using 11 since it was first available. Sorry if my question was asked in a confusing manner.
\\///
Oo
)0
Spike.K

Okay, EDDisoovery is a great tool. But I think my laptop cannot handle it. I have two commanders that I play on two different systems, a desk top and a laptop. Since EDDisoovery continues to bog down and freeze I was wondering if I can copy the journal logs from the laptop, paste them into the journal logs of desktop without messing anything up too bad.

Hello guys,
I very like EDDiscovery and it's a perfect tool for synching APIs but I have one problem:
Inara seems not to recognize any changes on my PowerPlay-reputation. When I upload my journals manually, Inara update my reputation from "Independent" to "Aisling Duval". Thats alright. But when I use EDDiscovery or EDMC to upload my journals, Inara resets my reputation to "Independent". Is this an error / a bug by Inara or by EDD/EDMC? I heared that not all commanders does have this problem. I copied my API-code from Inara properly to EDD.

I hope somebody can help me 😥

Fly safe,
Envisitor

Is there a way of trimming the info (stats, ships, etc) for when you have done a clear save but kept the same commander name? In other words so that E D just reflects your situation since the "New Commander" event.

Does EDDiscovery show an estimated scan total since last docking anywhere or does it just show the estimated total for each system scanned? I have looked and do not see anyplace where it has a total since last docking so I thought that I would ask.

Does EDDiscovery show an estimated scan total since last docking anywhere or does it just show the estimated total for each system scanned? I have looked and do not see anyplace where it has a total since last docking so I thought that I would ask.
Workaround: Click the EDMS link in the system you jumped to and switch to your EDSM dashboard. Aka https://www.edsm.net/en/dashboard
Let it refresh by itself and you should have the total since docking avilable.

Is there a way of trimming the info (stats, ships, etc) for when you have done a clear save but kept the same commander name? In other words so that E D just reflects your situation since the "New Commander" event.

You can manually create a new commander from the settings tab then transfer all the journal entries from before the clear save to that commander, who will then have all the stats etc.

Transferring to another Commander can only be done from the History view, not a Journal view.

Were you to leave the journal files in place and run the Admin->Rescan all journal files menu option then those entries would be recreated against the in-game commander name, so either also archive the journal files to a different location or don't do that :)

It does, you want the Statistics panel and then the Travel tab which will show the estimated value of scans in last 24 hours/week/month/since last dock/trip (if you have set a start marker but no stop marker)/forever.

The Scan panel will show you the estimated value of a system.

Okay, EDDisoovery is a great tool. But I think my laptop cannot handle it. I have two commanders that I play on two different systems, a desk top and a laptop. Since EDDisoovery continues to bog down and freeze I was wondering if I can copy the journal logs from the laptop, paste them into the journal logs of desktop without messing anything up too bad.

You might need to rescan all journals (from the Admin menu) on the desktop to get it to pick up the entries if the two aren't sharing a single database.

You could also try limiting the volume of data the app loads on the laptop to see if it gets a bit happier - on the Settings tab use the Galaxy Select button to reduce the EDSM data loaded or the essential entries options in the History/Memory Options box to reduce the journals loaded into memory at run time.

You can manually create a new commander from the settings tab then transfer all the journal entries from before the clear save to that commander, who will then have all the stats etc.

Thanks for that - I was left with a load of history entries that just refused to be transferred, lord knows why, but I just "hid" them and the clear-saved commander now looks much tidier and easier to take care of.

Top Bottom