Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

Then it's most likely because EDSM changed their file structure. Can't be fixed without an update.

i'm in the same boat. got a new laptop, downloaded the latest version of EDDiscovery getting the same errors. I've been able to get some progress after restarting EDDiscovery, but don't normally get more than a handful of updates before it craps out.

I'll stop kicking against the pricks and will wait for another rev for the fix.

Just testing the update to pick up the new file, by contributor imathrowback!

New version out in an hour or so.

Unfortunately I had no warning this was happening, otherwise we would have dealt with it.

Just testing the update to pick up the new file, by contributor imathrowback!

New version out in an hour or so.

Unfortunately I had no warning this was happening, otherwise we would have dealt with it.

worked perfectly! thanks for the quick turnaround!

I have question and a feature request.

First, how do I do a macro with Free Voice? I tried to add a sequence to do a docking request but it is unreliable because of the speed of the input. This is what shows in the freevoicecontrolv3.act file:

PROGRAM VoiceInput_Testing

Rem Autogenerated V1
Key "1 R R Space F Space W W 1", Delay=100
Say done

END PROGRAM

Is there a way to "program" this routine into the .act file without the interface?

And the Feature Request:

Can you add the ability to edit the .Binds file for input outside of the game? It would be nice if there was a way to do this outside of the game so I can find things that are missing key binds so that I can fill them in and then program EDD to act on my voice commands.

See it all works together... :D

has the documents which describes the action language I made up for this program. In rev 15, you'll find in 2.4.4.6 the Key command. There are many more options than above which can slow down the keypresses, such a UpDelay. You can also annotate each key press with a configurable delay for each one [100,10,200]R for instance.. see the command description.

To edit the .act file, you can just use notepad++ or visual studio/visual code. Its in <appdata>/local/eddiscovery/actions folder.

The way I debug this is to have this file open in notepad++, run EDD with the option -showactionbutton (this puts a hidden button which allows action files to be reloaded without having to restart the program). Then I make changes in the notepad, reload the action scripts, and try it out. You can use Print to output text to the log window..

As regards the feature request, I hear you, but its a lot of code and not on my priority list to provide a binding editor as I have a lot of other stuff (real work stuff and EDD stuff) to do at the moment.

Thanks

Updated to the latest version this afternoon. Still downloading from EDSM.
But I did notice that, while in the previous version I had EDD could put snapshots into different folders for my two commanders, in this version I can’t seem to do that (the same screenshot capture configuration settings are applied to both commanders)

@robbyp. Edit: yesterday I found the update had cleared my commander edsm api keys, and the full edsm data is being downloaded too (same happened on last update). Doesn’t the update process check for and import previous installation data? I’m running the portable.exe on my E:\ drive. Will try the snapshot capture settings again now I’ve reinserted my two Cdr api keys.

Last edited:
So I have to manually update the module list from frontier provided info and other sources. It's not a quick task. I've not done this in a while. I'll out it on the list of stuff to do.

Thanks. I do not use third party module finders or system info, so I like to visit stations and then use Outfitting tab to review what I found.

Why does "reading travel history" on starting EDD take so long? I deliberately keep my saved games folder trimmed to just 3 months and my commander history in EDD is selected as "Month" - yet it still takes a long time for "reading travel history" to complete. Is this related to having additional commanders or is it reading not just the journal files but EDD's own database?

"reading travel history" is when EDDiscovery is reading the travel history from the database.

Selecting "Month" in the history panel does not prevent EDDiscovery from loading all of your travel history into memory - it only filters that panel.

To reduce the amount of history that is loaded into memory, select e.g. ">30 days old" in the Settings panel under Memory -> Entries to read. If it's still slow, try changing Essential Entries to Nothing - though this will result in inaccurate totals in some panels, as the values used to calculate those totals will be absent from memory.

"reading travel history" is when EDDiscovery is reading the travel history from the database.

Selecting "Month" in the history panel does not prevent EDDiscovery from loading all of your travel history into memory - it only filters that panel.

To reduce the amount of history that is loaded into memory, select e.g. ">30 days old" in the Settings panel under Memory -> Entries to read. If it's still slow, try changing Essential Entries to Nothing - though this will result in inaccurate totals in some panels, as the values used to calculate those totals will be absent from memory.

Thanks for that - I'll do the >30 days thing, I already had it at >60 so let's give it a go. Cheers.

And to coincide with ED 3.6, we have EDD 11.2

Thanks for outfitting update and game time display. I bring up EDD in VR in cockpit, so it's nice to see game time dates.

Some things I noticed in 11.2:
  • Captain's Log doesn't work well with the Game Time change. The existing entries are still 2019/2020. When I manually change them to 3305/3306, close EDD, and reopen EDD, they are all set to 2010-01-01 00:00:00. Also, the From/To date filter is in 2019/2020 and takes some effort with the popup calendar to get to 3305/3306.
  • Regarding Captain's Log, would it be possible to have an option in the right click menu on a row in the History panel that is "Create Captain's Log entry" and takes you to he Captain's Log with a new log created with that date prefilled (and perhaps also system/body)?
  • In Visited Stars, Game Time column shows as 3305/3306, but Information column says "First visit 2019/2020" - maybe only new first visits will get Game Time date?
  • In Visited Stars, scan value is for system scan value only? In some systems with 0 scan value (from prior visits), you can still do detailed surface scans for credits.
  • In History panel, when I use filter drop down and then click back on EDD main window, EDD always goes to the back on the desktop, behind any other windows that are open. I have seen this in all versions of EDD I have used (starting 11.1.2). It also happens with detached panels.
  • In Outfitting, I still have two Unknown Module entries in the drop down, but they don't show anything.
  • In Outfitting, I don't see Recon Limpet Controller, but I know I have visited a station with some as I bought one. Research Limpet Controller is there, but doesn't have any entries.
  • Could coordinates for Touchdown event in History panel (and wherever else they appear) to show in decimal form like they do in the HUD?

I will investigate. I did a lot of rework with the game time on Captains log etc, may have missed a bit.

If is says 0 in the visited stars scan value, (I think) its because it does not have any scans in the DB to see what values are there. Its all based on the autoscan/scan journal reports you get when discovering.

For outfitting, i synced with Frontier provided data. If you could export me your loadout (right click on it and export the journal record to the clipboard) I can see what its moaning about. Frontier do not give all the items i've found, especially for cosmetic items

As for co-ords, some people prefer it one way, some the other way.. hmmm

Last edited:
Top Bottom