Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

Those manual calculations never were accurate and they get worse the more stars there are in a system. Personally I've deactivated those green indicators...

For single star systems the calculated habitable zone is pretty much bang on because it's where physics says it should be given the size and temperature of the star.

Additional stars have more impact than they should according to physics, exactly how much wasn't worked out, and gas giant moons can be excessively hot and both of those factors can throw it out when they apply as neither are accounted for by EDD.

For single star systems the calculated habitable zone is pretty much bang on because it's where physics says it should be given the size and temperature of the star.
Anmerkung 2020-06-26 194835.JPG

:D

EDDiscovery currently uses the semi-major axis to determine whether a planet is in the habitable zone, and ignores the semi-major axis for co-orbital planets, which is why the earth-like planet 6 in this image isn't highlighted. The number before the slash is the distance from arrival, while the number after the slash is the semi-major axis.
I see, I thought there might be some kind of in-code logic that uses distance to arrival in single star systems.. (But it's a WW, ELWs can't be terraformed.)
Will post again when I find a single star/ non binary combination with wrong colouring (I could swear that I've seen those :D)

I see, I thought there might be some kind of in-code logic that uses distance to arrival in single star systems.. (But it's a WW, ELWs can't be terraformed.)
Will post again when I find a single star/ non binary combination with wrong colouring (I could swear that I've seen those :D)

ELWs can't be terraformed but they have to be in the habitable zone, which is what the green indicates.

ELWs can't be terraformed but they have to be in the habitable zone, which is what the green indicates.
I know. It that was just a remark to Bravada's "earth-like planet 6", it's no ELW and that can be recognized by the terraformable symbol next to it which wouldn't be there if it really was an ELW.

Just for posterity, for my own sake and perhaps other people trying to do the same.

How to set up a View-Profile Trigger using 'Music change' as a trigger.
  • I wanted a specific profile when I in supercruise, exploring.
  • I wanted the profile to shut down when I drop from supercruise or bring up the Map / FSS etc.
For Profiles, please read this one first: https://github.com/EDDiscovery/EDDiscovery/wiki/Profiles
Action-docs: https://github.com/EDDiscovery/EDDiscovery/tree/master/Docs
I used the v18 ED 11.6 and Event-list definitions April2020 to poke around with a bit of trial and error to figure out how this works.

Some challenges you may face:
The challenge is that "Music" isn't really tracked and converted to a trigger, since it's filtered out of the journal by default (by design, sample issue discussion here).
  • It isn't possible to get the musictrack variable using the conventional "EventClass_MusicTrack". One would expect this to be returned as it's listed as part of the "Event Music".
  • Using TriggerName = UIMusic works too, but it doesn't deliver the variable "MusicTrack" either. (see DOCX for info, you can open it in Wordpad/RTF).

Elite Dangerous UI event notified
Elite Dangerous has generated a notification of a UI event. [8]
TriggerName = onEliteUIEvent, TriggerType = EliteUIEvent
EventClass_EventTypeID = EventClass_EventTypeStr = UI Event name (no UI prefix)
EventClass_UIDisplayed = Boolean, 1/0, indicating if EDD is showing journal UI events in its journal log.
EventClass_* = any variables associated with the event. See the code base around UIEvents
Also issued after the above event is a trigger named after the particular event:
TriggerName = “UI” + UI Event Name, TriggerType = EliteUIEvent
EventClass_* variables as above
Either may be used to pick up a specific event. [8]
UI Event list:
GUIFocus, Music, Pips, Position, FireGroup
Docked,Landed ,LandingGear ,ShieldsUp ,Supercruise ,FlightAssist ,HardpointsDeployed ,
InWing ,Lights ,CargoScoopDeployed ,SilentRunning ,ScoopingFuel ,SrvHandbrake ,
SrvTurret ,SrvUnderShip ,SrvDriveAssist ,FsdMassLocked ,FsdCharging ,FsdCooldown ,
LowFuel ,OverHeating ,HasLatLong ,IsInDanger ,BeingInterdicted
HUDInAnalysisMode, NightVision, Fuel, Cargo
ShipType, OverallStatus, Command
However, going for the raw EventClass seems to deliver at least the "MusicTrackID".

Triggers:
EventClass_EventTypeID: Music
EventClass_MusicTrackID: Supercruise

Sample setup, Trigger and Back
NOTE: Use AND for both lines in each setup (not OR)

sM2iPbd.png

Last edited:
Is there a way of having the webserver show the scan panel? - I cannot see a way of doing this, just history, status and actions as far as I can tell.

It would be useful when out in the black to see the scan panel without having to alt-tab to EDDiscovery.

Last edited:
Section 3.1.11 should work.. you should get a UI event with the music track listed.

Use pragma dumpvars *
To see the list of variables delivered to the event.

I'll check tomorrow

Last edited:
Top Bottom