Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

To answer the questions, Turric4n_ED thats not currently in it, it may be possible, and for the Jorki questions, we do not get ED co-ordinates of bodies.

Thanks Robbyp, but it’s not body coordinates I’m after. It’s my ship position. I’m currently in Sol’s asteroid belt and have to keep flicking back to orrery view to check where I am. Ship position is shown in the orrery view, so I was wondering if ship’s coordinates in-system during supercruise is reported in the journal and could be displayed in an EDD popup?

Last edited:
No information on your absolute position is given in the journal, as in x/y/z. Its not that detailed that we can build an Orrery view (if it was, we would have!)

Want more voices for EDD (and other programs) .. see the hack at the bottom of this page for details. Use at your own risk

Quick question: I use Elite Log Agent to upload my journal data to EDSM but I think about switching to EDD because of the multi commander support. If I switch to EDD will it try to reupload all my journal data to EDSM or will it just try to upload the journal data which are collected after setting it up?

Quick question: I use Elite Log Agent to upload my journal data to EDSM but I think about switching to EDD because of the multi commander support. If I switch to EDD will it try to reupload all my journal data to EDSM or will it just try to upload the journal data which are collected after setting it up?
Elite Log Agent does support multiple commanders, no need to switch if that's your only reason.

Elite Log Agent does support multiple commanders, no need to switch if that's your only reason.

Really? How can I set it up? There are only lines I can add where I can put a Commander name in it and the API key from EDSM, but how can I set the journal path for this special commander? :unsure:

Really? How can I set it up? There are only lines I can add where I can put a Commander name in it and the API key from EDSM, but how can I set the journal path for this special commander? :unsure:

If it is like EDDiscovery, it should recognise the other commander automatically. Your journal files are saved in the same place, the commander name is in the file - 4th line I think.

Again, assuming it is like EDDiscovery, you just have to input the correct API key for that commander.

I am only guessing, (I only use EDDiscovery) so excuse me if I am in error.

Quick question about the resizing and cropping function for screenshots:

If I had a triple monitor setup with three 16:9 monitors which count as one with Nvidia surround, is it possible to use the cropping function in EDD to always crop the image so that I have a screenshot that only resembles the monitor in the middle?

Quick question about the resizing and cropping function for screenshots:

If I had a triple monitor setup with three 16:9 monitors which count as one with Nvidia surround, is it possible to use the cropping function in EDD to always crop the image so that I have a screenshot that only resembles the monitor in the middle?
Yes, you can. I have the same setup with 3 2k monitors.
Use the top and left settings to shift the center of the image. Leave top at 0, left to the size of your 1st monitor resolution minus 1.
For example I have 7680x1440 monitor, my settings are 0, 2559, 2560, 1440.

I could be wrong about the minus 1 part but since we start at 0 I figured it made sense. Hard to tell being only a pixel different

Last edited:
Yes, you can. I have the same setup with 3 2k monitors.
Use the top and left settings to shift the center of the image. Leave top at 0, left to the size of your 1st monitor resolution minus 1.

I could be wrong about the minus 1 part but since we start at 0 I figured it made sense. Hard to tell being only a pixel different

Wow, that's nice. Thanks for the explanation. I'm really interested in a triple monitor setup or a 31:9 setup but was afraid that taking screenshots would be annoying because of the ratio. And as taking screens is one of my passion it would be game breaking for me. But that solution gets my interest in those setups back :)

Wow, that's nice. Thanks for the explanation. I'm really interested in a triple monitor setup or a 31:9 setup but was afraid that taking screenshots would be annoying because of the ratio. And as taking screens is one of my passion it would be game breaking for me. But that solution gets my interest in those setups back :)
You could take a screenshot and crop it (them) after. There are ways of doing bulk crops as well.

If your left monitor is 2560 pixel wide and you start with 0 then 2559 would be the last pixel of that monitor and 2560 would be the first of the next one. I would not substract one in that case.

I confused how the "Notes" panel works. You have options for Galactic Mapping Notes and System Notes. But its not editable and its not clear to me how the panel gets populated. In fact, I am rather confused by the whole note taking mechanic in general. Here is my path experimenting with notes:

Presently, have been recording a "First Mapped" note in the Detailed Scan event in the History panel as I exploring and map systems. By filtering the text "First Mapped", I can see all the planets I've been the first to map, which I can later reference after I turn in the exploration data. I also use the Exploration panel to populate systems as I explore them (usually in connection with a Road to Riches plan) and add a System Note for first discoveries. I suppose any planets "First Mapped" could be noted there too. It appears that a System note associates with the Jump to System event in the history panel. (Hope that makes sense.) I did notice that when I add a note to a system in the Visited Stars panel, the note also associates with the Jump to System event in the History tab.

None of those notes show up in the Notes panel. The only note I see there is the a note for the current system I am in that is also attached to the Jump event in the History panel. (I have not tested this in game yet, but I think that is what is happening).

So how does the Notes Panel work?

I have also experimented with using the Captain's Log to record these first mappings and discoveries but have not yet decided on which method is better and more useful.

Sorry if my explanations are confusing.

Anyone here understand how these notes interact with each other? How is the Notes Panel supposed to work? Every time I think I figure something out, I get a bit more confused about it later on!

Anyway, any thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome!

I confused how the "Notes" panel works. You have options for Galactic Mapping Notes and System Notes. But its not editable and its not clear to me how the panel gets populated. In fact, I am rather confused by the whole note taking mechanic in general. Here is my path experimenting with notes:

Presently, have been recording a "First Mapped" note in the Detailed Scan event in the History panel as I exploring and map systems. By filtering the text "First Mapped", I can see all the planets I've been the first to map, which I can later reference after I turn in the exploration data. I also use the Exploration panel to populate systems as I explore them (usually in connection with a Road to Riches plan) and add a System Note for first discoveries. I suppose any planets "First Mapped" could be noted there too. It appears that a System note associates with the Jump to System event in the history panel. (Hope that makes sense.) I did notice that when I add a note to a system in the Visited Stars panel, the note also associates with the Jump to System event in the History tab.

None of those notes show up in the Notes panel. The only note I see there is the a note for the current system I am in that is also attached to the Jump event in the History panel. (I have not tested this in game yet, but I think that is what is happening).

So how does the Notes Panel work?

I have also experimented with using the Captain's Log to record these first mappings and discoveries but have not yet decided on which method is better and more useful.

Sorry if my explanations are confusing.

Anyone here understand how these notes interact with each other? How is the Notes Panel supposed to work? Every time I think I figure something out, I get a bit more confused about it later on!

Anyway, any thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome!

Display galactic mapping notes shows the description from any Galactic Mapping Project POI associated with the system of the selected history entry (from <https://www.edsm.net/en/galactic-mapping>).
Display system notes shows the system note attached to the system of the history entry

The system note can be set by selecting a FSDJump or CarrierJump to the system, and either editing the note in the System Information panel, or right-clicking the history entry and clicking Set Note.

Display galactic mapping notes shows the description from any Galactic Mapping Project POI associated with the system of the selected history entry (from <https://www.edsm.net/en/galactic-mapping>).
Display system notes shows the system note attached to the system of the history entry

The system note can be set by selecting a FSDJump or CarrierJump to the system, and either editing the note in the System Information panel, or right-clicking the history entry and clicking Set Note.
Great information! Thank you!

Top Bottom