Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

EDIT 27May21 - Got confirmation from Paul at EDDB/EDDN that this was an internal issue and has been fixed at EDDN/EDDB - leaving the post just in case anyone saw something similar and had questions.
------------------------------
Seeing some odd behaviour with the new settlements. EDDiscovery is the only thing I have syncing with EDDN (along with Inara and EDSM). When I land at one of the new Odyssey settlements I am seeing this pattern the last couple of days. It was adding the new settlements correctly but now it adds them as unknown.

Database Change HistoryTop Contributors

Show all changes Show user changes only

Station Filter active: Schwarz Drilling Exploration

Showing 1-3 of 3 items.
21 secsEDDNSchwarz Drilling ExplorationUpdateHas Blackmarket No Pad M Type Unknown Dockable Has Commodities Yes Has Refuel No Has Repair No Has Market No Has Docking 0
21 secsEDDNSchwarz Drilling ExplorationUpdateExport Commodities 2, 54, 56 Import Commodities 19, 29, 67
36 secsEDDNSchwarz Drilling ExplorationCreateID 175240 System 2949 Name Schwarz Drilling Exploration Has Blackmarket Yes Pad S Distance 82 Government Democracy Allegiance Independent Type Odyssey Settlement Has Refuel Yes Has Repair Yes Has Market Yes Has Docking 1 Ed Id 3851684864 Controlling Minor Faction 69320 Has Interstellar Factors 1 Economies Extraction State Ids 80

looks like the initial setup at the 36 secs mark is correct except for the pad type (landed with a medium ship), then I open the market (21 secs) and then something??? sends an update at 21 secs that has incorrect information but gets the pad type correct. I confirmed I am not running EDMC etc. I do have the CAPI set. I see this in some systems when I first visit - i.e. settlements under the unknown heading - so it looks like it is just not my configuration. CAPI issue? EDDN issue? EDDiscovery issue?

EDIT - I disabled CAPI, INARA and EDSM syncing. If I just land then it send the right data but as soon as I pull market data EDDB gets the market data and then another update at the same time with changes that are incorrect but looking at the message that gets sent there is nothing about blackmarket, pad, refuel etc. I checked both the CAPI (after re-enabled) and the EDD messages and they only have commodities listed so looks like an internal EDDB issue?

Last edited:
With that little info provided by you it's nearly impossible to say anything about it.

He's provided the version number, that's all we need;

He is in fact running the latest release available for download!

So I've got a bit of a problem. Running version 12.0.2.0 .It has stopped updating since 07/06/2021 20:28:22. Any suggestions how to fix this most welcome.

I think the only solution is to wait until the next release is available.

Further info. Logged in this morning and the reported issue was still present. Switched to my non Odyssey alt account and found ED Discovery to be working normally for that commander. Switched back to Odyssey account and selected the appropriate commander in ED Discovery and after a minute or so it updated to the current location. This error was in the log which may relevant as Slatus was the location where it stopped updating
INARA Reports: Error to request setCommanderShip {"eventName":"setCommanderShip","eventTimestamp":"2021-06-07T19:28:22Z","eventData":{"shipType":"ExplorationSuit_Class3","shipGameID":-1967295,"isCurrentShip":true,"isHot":false,"starsystemName":"Slatus"}} with Unknown ship type.

Nope cancel that. Further testing it's still not updating in Odyssey. Using the same account I switched back to Horizons and as soon as the game loaded ED Discovery logged the start up messages BUT it has no record of the last few hours of play. So it would seem it's not just failing to update the display, it's flat out not even reading the log.

Dug a bit deeper, there doesn't seem to be Journal for the periods in question. Weird.

Last edited:
o7 Commanders,

On 6/19/3307 at 5:22:56 PM in-game time EDDiscovery stopped updating ED:Odyssey activity.

My most recent EDD startup has not seemed to recover from this.

Startup report reads:
CAPI Installed
Scanning for bmp screenshots in C:\Users\Officeworks\Pictures\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous
* Web server is disabled *
Profile Default Loaded
Frontier bindings did not load
Checking for new Expedition data
Checking for new Exploration data
Loaded Notes, Bookmarks and Galactic mapping.
Reading travel history
Checking for updated EDSM systems (may take a few moments).
Downloading systems from UTC 6/19/2021 8:10:23 AM to 6/19/2021 2:10:23 PM
History refresh complete.
CAPI Refresh Succeeded
CAPI User Logged in
Sent 3 events to INARA
Sent 200 Events to EDSM
Sent 37 Events to EDSM
Downloading systems from UTC 6/19/2021 2:10:10 PM to 6/19/2021 8:10:10 PM
Downloading systems from UTC 6/19/2021 8:10:01 PM to 6/20/2021 2:10:01 AM
EDSM systems update complete with 8132 systems

I am unsure where to go or what to do from here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I am running version 12.0.2.0

Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide to assist with this and if I should report this as an issue on the GitHub page.

Thank you in advance.

UPDATE: I performed yet another file verification through the game launcher this evening and it appears that ED:O stopped logging data. After the verification EDD started tracking my activity again. Sigh! Please disregard all of the above.

Last edited:
I am running version 12.0.3.0. When I try to log in to Frontier CAPI all I get is a message Discovery is already running launch anyway. If I say yes another instance for Discovery launches but it is not logged in to Frontier and I start the cycle over again. if I say no it doesn't log in. If I close Discovery and say yes Discovery launches but it is not logged in to Frontier starting the whole cycle again. As it is I can't use the Frontier CAPI feature please help. Oh and at one point if I said yes Discovery would start opening a new tabs in my browser to log in endlessly, in that I would have dozens of Frontier log in tabs fortunately I was able to stop this but it went back to my current issue.

^ If it gets into this situation, then delete all the files in %localappdata%/CAPI folder and try again.
I'm still getting the same problem. Just to check the file path is AppData\Local\EDDiscovery\CAPI. The only file in the folder is "my commanders name".cred?

I'm still getting the same problem. Just to check the file path is AppData\Local\EDDiscovery\CAPI. The only file in the folder is "my commanders name".cred?
Until now we had two main reasons for this: An anti-virus running wild and browsers messing things up. So If you would please deactivate your AV and change your default browser to see if that helps.

As always - thank you! EDD is awesome

Thou I realized it would not update my mats on Inara if the source was a mission reward. Compared with EDMC - this one does.

Might be already addressed, just saying hoping to help to catch those little things o7

I've been jumping onboard my carrier, then left her and did several carrier jumps remotely. Now the route looks like in attached route.jpg from 3D map. It's like current carrier's location is being mixed up with historical locations. I had this issue some time ago, too, while riding someone else's carrier from Colonia to the Bubble (route2.jpg).

Is there anything I can do to fix this? And to avoid it in the future?

Attachments

• route.jpg
    route.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 64
  • route2.jpg
    route2.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 65
I've been jumping onboard my carrier, then left her and did several carrier jumps remotely. Now the route looks like in attached route.jpg from 3D map. It's like current carrier's location is being mixed up with historical locations. I had this issue some time ago, too, while riding someone else's carrier from Colonia to the Bubble (route2.jpg).

Is there anything I can do to fix this? And to avoid it in the future?

I have a few of those from a long time ago but it hasn't happened recently, this was before FC's so it's not a brand new issue, I suspect it's something to do with duplicate names or incorrect ID64's, hasn't happened to me for a long time so I thought it had been sorted.

Hey, looking for some help. I've searched for similar questions but couldn't find any answer.

Earlier this year i changed my name through frontier support. Since then i noticed that some statistics are missing from edd. Travel history and the map is correct, contains all my travels from before and after the name change. My ship statistics however only seems to include data from after the name change.

Is there any way to merge the two cmdr names?

Top Bottom