Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

Hey, looking for some help. I've searched for similar questions but couldn't find any answer.

Earlier this year i changed my name through frontier support. Since then i noticed that some statistics are missing from edd. Travel history and the map is correct, contains all my travels from before and after the name change. My ship statistics however only seems to include data from after the name change.

Is there any way to merge the two cmdr names?

You can have two CMDR names entered in the settings tab, don't know what that will do.

An "easy" way no. But you can select the entries you want to move, do a right click and select "Move journal entries to another Commander". But that could take a while if you have many entries.

If you still have all your journals you could use a program capable of "search and replace" over multiple files and replace your old name with the new one (if it's just a name change the commander ID should still be the same) and then re-scan your journals using the admin menu. That surely would be faster than moving the entries in EDD.

Hey, looking for some help. I've searched for similar questions but couldn't find any answer.

Earlier this year i changed my name through frontier support. Since then i noticed that some statistics are missing from edd. Travel history and the map is correct, contains all my travels from before and after the name change. My ship statistics however only seems to include data from after the name change.

Is there any way to merge the two cmdr names?

You can move all of the history from your old commander name to your new commander name in the history panel.

• Make sure the history filter in the Settings panel is set to Disabled-Load All
  • In the history panel, switch to your old commander name
  • Select all of the history for that commander
  • Right-click the history rows, and click Move entries to another commander
  • In the MoveToCommander dialog box, select your new commander name, and click Transfer
  • Refresh and repeat until no history remains in your old commander name's history

ED Discovery is a fantastic tool. Many thanks for creating it. I'd like to report a bug.

I was excited to see that you'd added the Scan Display to the web server. I play on a projector and it would save me from constantly having to alt-tab between the game and ED Discovery as I play.

Unfortunately, the feature I need the most - the $ for bodies worth mapping - does not work correctly. I have the value threshold set to 400k in ED Discovery, and that works correctly on the PC. But the Scan Display via the web server seems to be using the default value (60k I think?) for this threshold, resulting in a difference in output between the PC and web browser. I wasn't able to find any place to change this value in the web browser.

Either it should inherit the threshold value set in ED Discovery on the PC, or there should be a way to set it separately in the web browser. (This is version 12.1.5.)

Bugs and requests are best handled via Github.

Your right, the $ amount is not configurable in the scan display. I'll add it to the to-do list.

Hi CMDRs,

Wondering if there a option to set the 3D map to show the system names I have visited only?

The map is kind of messy with all the names showing up...
Screen Shot 10-14-21 at 10.20 AM.JPG

I just spent about 5 mins swearing at EDDis for not updating the log and then discovered that it was ED Odyssey not writing the log that was the problem. Exit and restart of ED got things in sync again. Just an FYI.

Ok, but that's something I heavily expected from eddiscovery, to plan my route with shortest distances inbetween to minimize jumps and distance in total. I see all the addins or tools like Trilateration, Route Planner and Trip Computer.

Hello, I installed EDDLite the other day and I'm having an issue with it not uploading data to EDSM.

I installed EDDLite, checked the "Sync to EDSM" option, and copy-and-pasted my EDSM API key into the text window, but my EDSM profile hasn't updated to include my flight path, records, etc, and the systems I've discovered don't seem to be added to the database. What am I doing wrong?

I see the "Import Journal" option, but I have more than a thousand journals -- I don't have to import all of them manually, do I? I thought that was the whole point of syncing the accounts.

Hello, I installed EDDLite the other day and I'm having an issue with it not uploading data to EDSM.

I installed EDDLite, checked the "Sync to EDSM" option, and copy-and-pasted my EDSM API key into the text window, but my EDSM profile hasn't updated to include my flight path, records, etc, and the systems I've discovered don't seem to be added to the database. What am I doing wrong?

I see the "Import Journal" option, but I have more than a thousand journals -- I don't have to import all of them manually, do I? I thought that was the whole point of syncing the accounts.

That will only update new stuff that's in EDDLite, there's an option in EDDiscovery to sync with EDSM and also rescan all journal files, don't know if that exists in EDDLite. It can't upload data that's not in EDDLite so the journals need to be scanned before syncing. (I think that's right, someone with more knowledge will be sure to correct me if I am wrong).

I have a little request for those of us who use voice attack. And a question...

First the request, please stop adding the version number to the process name. Here is why:
1639255984797.png

The next version will mean that I have to edit my command.

Now for the question, whu?
1639256077911.png

Why is there 2 processes and why is one an older version? I only have 1 instance of ED Discovery open while doing this...

Top Bottom