Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

Thank you - this worked fine! Yet - the file 'options.txt' is mentioned nowhere, according to the docs you linked it works with command line options. Maybe the wiki should be updated. Using the link on my desktop (for starting EDDiscovery) I could have also added the command line options - but with the file it works better.

Thank you!

Hm.
It's stated there:

Options are read from both the EDDiscovery command line and from:

- bla
-options.txt if present and located in the same folder as the application install folder of EDDiscovery.exe
-options.txt if present and located in the application data folder (default %LOCALAPPDATA%\EDDiscovery)
- blubb

Hey guys/gals....

How would I create a voice script to only tell me whether a body is terraformable, and scan values, with absolutely nothing else? Can the addon voice packs be edited beyond what's available through the menu configuration options. I'm currently getting the requested information with the add on voice pack I selected, but there's also a lot of other stuff I have no interest in hearing.
Have you used the configuration voice menu - you can cut a lot of it out there.

I have tried using the voice configuration menu to only get terraformable info but have failed.
To be able to edit the voice script would be a great idea to get rid of all the noise that you don't require.
There is an option at the the top of the configuration page for "Speech file". What is this?

I think my database is getting too big to handle.
My EDDUser.sqlite is near 500000 kB, EDD is using more than 2 GB of RAM (I have plenty of RAM left, so that's not a problem).
The UI of EDD is getting slower every day, using the search function at the history tab is in vain (I just tried to search for 'Jaques' and EDD became unresponsible), switching between tabs takes half a minute, opening menus also takes several seconds.
I already did the 'Delete/Rebuild System DB' on start up and deleted all add-ons.
Limiting the time shown at the history tab to one week or less does speed up the UI a bit, but cuts the search function to the last week.

Is there anything I can do?

Is there any way to add a column to the Materials List to indicate if that material is set to "Ignore"? (I don't know if that is flagged in the journal entries.) I ask as the "Ignore List" is a subject that came up in the Newcomer's Forum and I am sure elsewhere too.

Last edited:
Another request:

I don't use the "Note" field in the History view - can we please stop it deciding to revert to taking-up half the page from time to time - i.e. make our layout stick more reliably. (I'd like to hide / remove that column totally but can't see a way to do so.)

For RAM usage, its affected by how many tabs/panels you have open, and how much history you load.

Go to settings and the history control and you can tell it only to load say the last 7 days of history.. that will reduce the memory footprint back.

2) Layouts remember their proportions and scale when you resize the window, so that should really not be happening. I just checked and it scales on mine. There is no way to hide it as of now, maybe in the future.

3) not at the moment with materials list. And its not in the journal, that you ignored it in the Frontier GUI.

Thanks

Engineering planner in EDDiscovery: If I select filter 'engine' (thrusters) and Felicity Farseer, I see Clean, Dirty and Drive Strengthening all up to grade 3. I did select 'All' in the 'Filter by Upgrade' tab and 'All' in the 'Filter by Grade' tab, this includes 'Experimental'. Every Engineer can do experimental upgrade for every level, one of my ships has only grade 3 FSD range improvements, but I could select 'mass manager'.

But despite of that for Farseer (who is limited to grade 3 upgrades for thrusters) no experimental effects are shown in the Engineering planner. It is not the grade of the Engineer, since selecting Prof Palin too brings all 3 upgrades (Clean, Dirty,...) up to level 5, but still does not show experimental effects.

Is this a bug/overlooked feature?

For RAM usage, its affected by how many tabs/panels you have open, and how much history you load.

As I said, I don't mind the RAM usage.
But that I'm unable to search for anything (as stated EDD becomes unresponsive while searching) is something that bothers me.

I am sure I have asked this before but can't find it nor a reply, so sorry if it is a repeat:

Is there any way to stop the layout of the history panel reverting to some non-useful layout? Previously it was the notes field that kept taking up half the panel now it seems the first two or three columns have taken on a life of their own:

Any hint on how to stop this happening?

As I said, I don't mind the RAM usage.
But that I'm unable to search for anything (as stated EDD becomes unresponsive while searching) is something that bothers me.
I cut the tabs and history down to minimums. Kill as many other processes too.

Still lagging badly. I think it's because my database goes back to April 2015, no matter if I cut it down to the minimum period in settings.

I just need a maximum machine to run it. :(

Are there any specific installation instructions? I just downloaded the portable.zip, and copied all the files in it to my extant portable..folder, overwriting extant files. But I notice the web file is also zipped -haven’t bothered to unzip that.

And that was over 2 hours ago. Just tried to close it & still says updating databases...

Are there any specific installation instructions? I just downloaded the portable.zip, and copied all the files in it to my extant portable..folder, overwriting extant files. But I notice the web file is also zipped -haven’t bothered to unzip that.

And that was over 2 hours ago. Just tried to close it & still says updating databases...
My recommendation is to let it run overnight. I did. :)

I dug out my old Nexus that's been sitting in a drawer for ages. Once I'd resuscitated it, I connected to EDSM via the web server feature, and it works like a dream - I managed to turn on my lights :D

Now i just need to figure out what the other buttons do.

Excellent work.

ETA - mine has been updating for hours 15,000,000 and still going :)

Top Bottom