Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

WAYPOINT just means that EDDiscovery could not find any system near that location in its database. It doesn't mean that there is no system nearby, only that no systems known to EDSM are nearby.

Note that the EDDiscovery route plotter was designed when the 1000ly in-game plotting limit was still in effect (the limit for economical and for plots filtered by visited systems is still 1000ly, but the limit for fastest is 20kly).

Perhaps one thing we can do is to suggest a c0 or d0 procgen system name to look for near the waypoint (a Procgen Sector AB-C c1-0 system can be anywhere in a 40x40x40 cube and will not be a neutron star, while a Procgen Sector AB-C d1-0 system can be anywhere in a 80x80x80 cube and there is a chance it'll be a neutron star). Note that in very sparse areas such systems may not actually exist.

Okay - thank you! Now I understand it - so the only way to go about it (besides doing something about the jump range) is, to enter the last system before a 'Waypoint' into the Galmap and look around if other reachable systems are near it and if a path can be found. I do not know if you can see 'Undiscovered' systems in the Galmap if you are elsewhere, and not in the last reachable system itself. Will check this out...

...... I do not know if you can see 'Undiscovered' systems in the Galmap if you are elsewhere, and not in the last reachable system itself. Will check this out...

You can view / select every star-system on the galaxy map, even from across the width of the galaxy. You can only see what the primary star is of that system of course, you can't view the actual system bodies and secondary stars.

You can view / select every star-system on the galaxy map, even from across the width of the galaxy. You can only see what the primary star is of that system of course, you can't view the actual system bodies and secondary stars.

Ahh - good to know! So I can sit at a station and fiddle around with Galmap. Will try this next I have time...

when using EDDiscoverys' inhouse route plotter, i find it best to enter the jump range of your ship as if you were using FSD Boost Injection grade 3.
You can get that value from the stats on the 2nd tab on the Galmap just below the options to use jet cone boost.
It will reduce the number of waypoint returns and give you more scope for using those systems in the Galmap.

Last edited:

Well you can see the secondary star classes in the GalMap's info panel.

Ie2pIGB.png

My EDDisco is using about 1.7 GB of RAM, presumably because of how far back the log file goes? (nearly 151k entries, just over 2yrs) Is their anyway to limit how much it can read?

Hiya, just a quick question! But might be a long answer... We are arranging the circumnavigation expedition, and I am wondering if there is a way to export /save our coordinates so we can track our progress around the planet?

Hiya, just a quick question! But might be a long answer... We are arranging the circumnavigation expedition, and I am wondering if there is a way to export /save our coordinates so we can track our progress around the planet?

The coordinates are transient mostly, they're only persisted in Landed, Location and Screenshot journals.

So screenshots are the easiest way to get current coordinates into the journal - and you can create a filtered view of those journals in EDD and export it. What are you trying to do with this exported data?

When collecting materials, I'd like the speech synth to tell me how many total of that material I have in inventory and what grade it is. Can anyone tell me how to do that? I can get as far as finding the MaterialCollected entry in the voice pack, but i have no idea what to do after that.

Thanks.

I can add something like that to the voice pack in the future. I've added the idea to our backlog.

Nothing will be happening on EDD until early april due to various commitments.

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]As much as I love [/FONT]EDdiscovery[FONT=&quot], I downloaded the new version today and it will not let me install it. I then deleted the entire program and redownloaded it. Still, no luck and I can't even delete the installation program without admin approval? Still getting a windows error message, "we saved your computer from malicious software" but that's normal. any ideas on how to make this program work?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I am using windows 10[/FONT]

Oh I do that, but it won't install either yay. Even if I try deleting the installer file it says I need admin approval. *funny,I always assumed i was the admin of my computer* And I have tried running it as administrator and it still doesn't work. I get the message "This app cannot run on your PC"

I'm not sure whether feature or bug, but the current version has a behaviour that annoys me a little when entering text in the comment box for an event line: i want to enter WW or AW or ELW, for which i keep shift pressed and type what i want. However only the first char is in capital letters, the following ones automatically default to lower case. If i release shift and press it again after the first char, then it behaves normally.
I'd like EDD to just type it how i press it :) (i don't think it could come from anything else on my computer ?)
Edit : testing a bit more, this happens only if i click in the note column of the event directly and start to type from there. If i click the Note box on the right side it types in normally.

NB : i did a long ED pause so i'm not sure if that behaviour is recent or not, it wasn't there last year in any case.
In any case thanks a ton for this lovely program.

Last edited:
Oh I do that, but it won't install either yay. Even if I try deleting the installer file it says I need admin approval. *funny,I always assumed i was the admin of my computer* And I have tried running it as administrator and it still doesn't work. I get the message "This app cannot run on your PC"

Never seen that, what Windows version are you running?

I'm not sure whether feature or bug, but the current version has a behaviour that annoys me a little when entering text in the comment box for an event line: i want to enter WW or AW or ELW, for which i keep shift pressed and type what i want. However only the first char is in capital letters, the following ones automatically default to lower case.

I can't reproduce that. Does holding shift definitely work still in other apps for you and this is definitely an EDD specific issue?

Top Bottom