Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

EDDiscovery has a problem since the patch exporting my ship to Coriolis. The Journal entry (reported by EDDiscovery) mentions Optional Slots, numbered from slot 1 to slot 8, on a DBX. The DBX has now 8 optional internal slots, sizes 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1.
I currently have a shield size 4 and a fuel Scoop size 4 in the first two slots.
Slot 3 (size 3) is emtpy, Slot 4 (size 3) as an AFMU.
Slot 5 and slot 6 (both size 2) have a vehicle hangar each.
The new slots 7 and 8, both size 1 have a DC and a DSS.
The empty slot is either exported wrong or Coriolis does it wrong. But Coriolis can export and import this build without errors. But exporting the ship from EDDiscovery leaves out the empty slot 3, it shifts everything up one slot, which is wrong.

It does, you want the Statistics panel and then the Travel tab which will show the estimated value of scans in last 24 hours/week/month/since last dock/trip (if you have set a start marker but no stop marker)/forever.

The Scan panel will show you the estimated value of a system.

Thanks Ian, but I have no idea where the stat panel is so how do I get to the stat panel and then the travel tab.

eHqX9Ox.jpg

Thanks Ian, but I have no idea where the stat panel is so how do I get to the stat panel and then the travel tab.

The "+" in the tab strip (after History, Route Finder, Expedition, Settings) allows you to add more tabs from a host of controls.

If you hover your mouse over the icon on the top left corner of any of the panels on your front screen you can also choose which control appears in that box. If you put the mouse in between controls so you get the splitter dragging icon (a bar with arrows to the left and right or top and bottom) you can right click on that to split or merge panels and make more boxes you can put things in on a single tab.

You can use the "+" to add more Grid controls that let you do the same multi-control splitter stuff as the History tab as well.

The "+" in the tab strip (after History, Route Finder, Expedition, Settings) allows you to add more tabs from a host of controls.

If you hover your mouse over the icon on the top left corner of any of the panels on your front screen you can also choose which control appears in that box. If you put the mouse in between controls so you get the splitter dragging icon (a bar with arrows to the left and right or top and bottom) you can right click on that to split or merge panels and make more boxes you can put things in on a single tab.

You can use the "+" to add more Grid controls that let you do the same multi-control splitter stuff as the History tab as well.

Thanks!

Installed 10.6 and it said Firefox had locked files it needed to update and wanted to close Firefox. Why does EDDiscovery need to do that? Tried searching the threads for Firefox but found no other comments on it. I did use FF to download the file, perhaps something to do with the installation exe?

Last edited:
Its something up with the installer.. you can ignore it. I'll have another poke at the installer and see if i can stop it happening.

Hi there,

a great tool for us commanders. Thank you.

If i understand correct, i don't need running EDMC simultaneously, while i have EDDiscovery running with active connection to EDDN? So the same funtions of EDMC are also completely integrated into EDDiscovery?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work! :)

If i understand correct, i don't need running EDMC simultaneously, while i have EDDiscovery running with active connection to EDDN? So the same funtions of EDMC are also completely integrated into EDDiscovery?

N.B. I am just a user. I don't have EDMC installed any more - EDDiscovery keeps my EDSM info up to date, provides info to EDDN (EDDB) and you can link INARA and EGO too (I don't use those). All-in-all, the ability to have these facilities without having to share my Frontier log-in details makes EDDiscovery far more acceptable to me.

The frontier API adds very very little to the data we get so it's not been reworked back in yet. The journal output provides real time data which EDD uses.

It may get turned back on, for a few use cases, later in the year, but i have more exciting things to do first and which are in progress.

Thank you for the addon @robbyp!

I've been putting more time into fine-tuning FreeVoiceControl than actually playing the game recently, so I came here to ask you if there was a way to back up your voice command settings/dialogue. I looked around for a how-to guide and couldn't find one but if there's one out there I'd be happy to read it.

Hey guys/gals....

How would I create a voice script to only tell me whether a body is terraformable, and scan values, with absolutely nothing else? Can the addon voice packs be edited beyond what's available through the menu configuration options. I'm currently getting the requested information with the add on voice pack I selected, but there's also a lot of other stuff I have no interest in hearing.

Last edited:
What am I missing or have I done something?

I have a few Cmdrs and a while ago I could select from a drop down menu which one to display the information for.

Recently (in the last 1 to 3 months?) something changed and I can no longer find that drop down menu to allow me to select a Cmdr.

Any ideas?

Question - did search Help wiki and threads here, but no conclusive answer. Please point me to the right thread and sorry if I overlooked an answer to this:

I have EDD 10.6.0.0 installed in a non standard location (on my D: drive). Also on this drive I have (via Windows 7) relocated my 'Documents' folder. So EDD has the data files located on this drive under D:/Users/<myname>/Documents/EDDiscoveryDatabases/.... .sqlite. This is as I want it, because I used the data base move option.

The problem ar the galaxy data for the 3D map! They are located under C:\Users\<myname>\Appdata\Local\EDDiscovery\... There are around 4GB data, and this is too much!

I would like to relocate this folder too. Is this possible? The big file is named 'edsmsystems.json', all other files are fairly small, but this file has 4GB. I am aware that I could delete the system for the 3D map and this file would be much smaller, but I have a region around the bubble (not nearly the entire Galaxy!) downloaded and I would like to keep it so, but I would like to relocate the files from Appdata elsewhere, I have a lot of space available on other drives.

Is this possible?

Thank you!

What am I missing or have I done something?

I have a few Cmdrs and a while ago I could select from a drop down menu which one to display the information for.

Recently (in the last 1 to 3 months?) something changed and I can no longer find that drop down menu to allow me to select a Cmdr.

Any ideas?

ssOMkGF.jpg

?

I would like to relocate this folder too. Is this possible? The big file is named 'edsmsystems.json', all other files are fairly small, but this file has 4GB. I am aware that I could delete the system for the 3D map and this file would be much smaller, but I have a region around the bubble (not nearly the entire Galaxy!) downloaded and I would like to keep it so, but I would like to relocate the files from Appdata elsewhere, I have a lot of space available on other drives.

Is this possible?

Thank you!

Create a file named 'options.txt' in your EDD folder.

Write

Appfolder D:\EDDiscovery\
Userdbpath D:\EDDiscovery\
Systemsdbpath D:\EDDiscovery\

Replace 'D:\EDDiscovery\ with your EDD folder's name.

This should force everything to be saved in your EDD folder.

See here for more infos.

You could also use the portable version (if this is still a thing), as this version does this per default.

Additionally you can uncheck 'sync from edsm' if you don't use the 3D map.

Last edited:
Create a file named 'options.txt' in your EDD folder.

Write

Appfolder D:\EDDiscovery\
Userdbpath D:\EDDiscovery\
Systemsdbpath D:\EDDiscovery\

Replace 'D:\EDDiscovery\ with your EDD folder's name.

This should force everything to be saved in your EDD folder.

See here for more infos.

You could also use the portable version (if this is still a thing), as this version does this per default.

Additionally you can uncheck 'sync from edsm' if you don't use the 3D map.

Thank you - this worked fine! Yet - the file 'options.txt' is mentioned nowhere, according to the docs you linked it works with command line options. Maybe the wiki should be updated. Using the link on my desktop (for starting EDDiscovery) I could have also added the command line options - but with the file it works better.

Thank you!

Top Bottom