Release EDEngineer - an overlay to track your blueprint progress in realtime

Yes, seeing errors as well.
Based on the commit log on Github, it looks like a 3.3 update is imminent.

Thanks for the confirmation. I seem to have a complete mental block when it comes to Github. For some reason I don't understand it at all.

I hope so, mine isn't working anymore. Whenever I try to start EDEngineer an error window pops up that I can't copy and paste the text from. Would have to make a screen shot from it. Is it worth to bother?
The text starts with "Something went wrong in parsing your logs, open an issue on GitHub with this information" followed by some cryptic (for me as non-developer) lines describing the error.

Been monitoring the thread on Github and it looks like a fix is in the works. Meanwhile, if you keep spamming the OK button on that error message it eventually goes away and you can get in: seems to work fine after that. The error message pops up every time the number of limpets in your hold changes, and also a few times when you start the app.

Last edited:
I have a few Perma-Death commanders on one of my accounts. They are now, dead, never to be seen again. ED:Engineer still shows them and their materials. Is there a way for me to delete/hide them?

Anyone else know why the in game overlay won't work in game? Here is a github post i asked this question on 10 days ago but I dont think its actively being monitored.
https://github.com/msarilar/EDEngineer/issues/504

I installed EDEngineer and set it up according to the documentation. The overlay comes up in windows, however it does not come up in game.
I use Oculus Rift > Launched within SteamVR.
The game is setup to Full Screen Borderless.
I launched ED without VR and still not able to get engineer to show up in game.
I tried windowed mode and full screen borderless without any difference. I even tried removing the VR headset and running the game as a regular full screen borderless non vr mode without a difference.

At this point, i dont use the VR headset anymore (its my brothers, i was just borrowing it to play around). So now i'm back to regular desktop mode.

I've downloaded and ran the latest version, having been away from ED for a while; but Windows Smartscreen pops up, stopping the program...is this new? I used to run older versions fine!

I've downloaded and ran the latest version, having been away from ED for a while; but Windows Smartscreen pops up, stopping the program...is this new? I used to run older versions fine!
Nope, it’s done that forever. I changed the stupid Windows settings to allow it.

I get an error message when trying to import my cargo history (API is on). The error reads:

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) at CommanderChart.chartData(String commander, String logDirectory, JsonSerializerSettings settings, ILanguage languages, LanguageInfo l) at CommanderChart.chart(String commander, String logDirectory, JsonSerializerSettings settings, ILanguage languages, LanguageInfo l) at Server.app@336-98.Invoke(LanguageInfo _arg41) at Microsoft.FSharp.Core.FSharpFunc`2.InvokeFast[V](FSharpFunc`2 func, T arg1, TResult arg2) at Microsoft.FSharp.Control.AsyncPrimitives.CallThenInvokeNoHijackCheck[a,b](AsyncActivation`1 ctxt, FSharpFunc`2 userCode, b result1) at .$Async.Return@1097.Invoke(AsyncActivation`1 ctxt) at .$Async.Return@1097.Invoke(AsyncActivation`1 ctxt) at .$Async.Return@1097.Invoke(AsyncActivation`1 ctxt) at .$Async.Return@1097.Invoke(AsyncActivation`1 ctxt) at .$Async.Return@1097.Invoke(AsyncActivation`1 ctxt) at .$Async.Return@1097.Invoke(AsyncActivation`1 ctxt) at .$Async.Return@1097.Invoke(AsyncActivation`1 ctxt) at .$Async.Return@1097.Invoke(AsyncActivation`1 ctxt) at Microsoft.FSharp.Control.Trampoline.Execute(FSharpFunc`2 firstAction)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
K5RHA

I did an uninstall and reinstall, it works fine now.

I get an error message when trying to import my cargo history (API is on). The error reads:

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) at CommanderChart.chartData(String commander, String logDirectory, JsonSerializerSettings settings, ILanguage languages, LanguageInfo l) at CommanderChart.chart(String commander, String logDirectory, JsonSerializerSettings settings, ILanguage languages, LanguageInfo l) at Server.app@336-98.Invoke(LanguageInfo _arg41) at Microsoft.FSharp.Core.FSharpFunc`2.InvokeFast[V](FSharpFunc`2 func, T arg1, TResult arg2) at Microsoft.FSharp.Control.AsyncPrimitives.CallThenInvokeNoHijackCheck[a,b](AsyncActivation`1 ctxt, FSharpFunc`2 userCode, b result1) at .$Async.Return@1097.Invoke(AsyncActivation`1 ctxt) at .$Async.Return@1097.Invoke(AsyncActivation`1 ctxt) at .$Async.Return@1097.Invoke(AsyncActivation`1 ctxt) at .$Async.Return@1097.Invoke(AsyncActivation`1 ctxt) at .$Async.Return@1097.Invoke(AsyncActivation`1 ctxt) at .$Async.Return@1097.Invoke(AsyncActivation`1 ctxt) at .$Async.Return@1097.Invoke(AsyncActivation`1 ctxt) at .$Async.Return@1097.Invoke(AsyncActivation`1 ctxt) at Microsoft.FSharp.Control.Trampoline.Execute(FSharpFunc`2 firstAction)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
K5RHA

Hi Guys, just found this app - is there any integration that would allow it to be used with an XBox ?

Aas far as I can see it's for use on and requires access to the commanders logs on PC, however INARA can read all of the relevant detail for material stock levels by importing the Commander's Data directly from Frontier Developments. is there any information on whether the developer has plans for Consol Support ?

None of these programs support VR.

Try OVRToolkit to create overlay windows in VR for other windows.

For some reason when I was originally reading the OP, it sounded like one of those apps that draws overlays into the game window (using DX injection or something) which generally would cause problems with VR. Re-reading it now I have no idea why I got that impression. Looks like just a normal application in which case yeah I can put that into VR easily enough.

Top Bottom