EDIT: The war for Fuelum is over! Well done everyone, our ratty friends prevailed.

If I understand correctly, only doing combat missions and selling combat bonds helps? Trading/courier and the like missions will be useless for war effort?

Well, the problem will correct itself nicely won't it. Just give them the BGS then all people not playing in Open will be left with no game and leave, the game will die at which point no one will have a BGS.

Problem solved.

Or FD can kill off this "Open only" madness by stating there will be No Open Anything and be done with it.

They have stated so, many times...look at the wall of information.

The sticking point in the discussion is there is a committed group of people that fail to see the facts, keeping
hope' alive that the game will reach its true 'potential'.

If I understand correctly, only doing combat missions and selling combat bonds helps? Trading/courier and the like missions will be useless for war effort?

In fact, as I understand it, ONLY combat bonds help. Not even combat missions. I am aware that FD have stated that combat missions should help as well, but I have heard many times that that's either not true, or the effect is so small as to be unquantifiable.

Thanks for the reminder, I've put instructions how people can help in the OP.

Last edited:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Or FD can kill off this "Open only" madness by stating there will be No Open Anything and be done with it.

The double restatement of what the BGS is (in the BGS stream https://youtu.be/VCy1ZYjLvdQ?t=860 and also in the stream recap thread) is pretty much that - in terms of the BGS.

We're still awaiting the announcement of the decision on Powerplay, following the hand grenade (Mar'16) and the two Flash Topics (May'18).

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
...but we know what the PVP folks idea is...and why that will never occur.

Not all PvP folk are the same - just as not all PvE folk are the same.

Some PvP folk rather obviously want an EvE clone with a proper flight mechanic - however, to me at least, it's been obvious from the start that that was not going to happen.

Player vs Player does not have to be pew pew in nature. Thinking that way closes a lot of interesting options for game play...this game exemplifies that idea. Pew pew PVP is allowed in the game, but has no bucket in the BGS, so remains a sideshow....by design. The attack on the Fuel Rats is a wonderful example of the success of this design choice. It provided an emergent reason for players to get together and fight against one another, albeit through PVE token movement. The players rallied and actually dug the Rat's out of a pretty big hole they found themselves in. Congrats to the attackers and defenders...the game works brilliantly!

Yup, couldn't agree more. It has created great PvE / indirect PvP for all involved which is what it is designed for. Very much interested in seeing how the new BGS and scenarios work and squadrons.

The only things that will directly help influence in a War are:
- handing in combat bonds
- handing in bounties
- murdering clean ships of the other side

Missions (regardless of type) don't count, and trade and exploration data don't count.

Indirectly (and extremely marginally) actions which harm factions not involved in the war will help the winning side in the war, while actions which help factions not involved in the war will help the losing side. But that's a very small effect in most cases.

I Stand Corrected.

After today’s tick it’s Fuel Rats 60% vs opposition 30%.

I’m still suspicious of the linear slope to the influence loss back at the start of October.
Can someOne please post a screen grab of traffic in the next couple of hours?

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
In fact, as I understand it, ONLY combat bonds help. Not even combat missions. I am aware that FD have stated that combat missions should help as well, but I have heard many times that that's either not true, or the effect is so small as to be unquantifiable.

Thanks for the reminder, I've put instructions how people can help in the OP.

Combat bonds and bounties

The war is won!

Well done everyone, well done Fuel Rats, well done humanity. Yay us!

I was proud to be there for turnaround Sunday, when the results came in showing us 1% ahead after such overwhelming odds. That amazing turnaround is a testament to the honour and respect the Fuelrats have in the Elite galaxy.

Well done us.

And more importantly, well done the Fuel Rats for your selfless work. Our appreciation was demonstrated last weekend.

Last edited:
Ha Ha you twits, i will not say who but i can say its all being done in private group just to prove a point to fd that bgs should be in open and not private or solo, because i mean how you gonna protect your fuelum system when you cant even see us, hahaahah should be in lockdown soon enough.

I've got a few friends in the Rats. The undermining of Fuelum wasn't successful because of PG/Solo but because the Rats don't put a huge priority on their BGS. Just look at the numbers on Inara - it slowly got undermined over the course of a month. They either didn't notice or didn't really care until crisis time came.

In my view they're too busy with their awesome primary mission and that mission is what lead to thousands of Commanders rushing to support them in all of the modes and kicking the ever-loving junk out of whomever undermined them in the first place!

Try again, hot shot. ;)

Top Bottom