FYI, you need to upload you images to some image hosting website (e.g. Imgur etc.). We can't (luckily for you) open files that are on your computer.hello. i was trying to uninstall and reinstall the program and as a result i ended up somehow making it not reinstall.
this was due to me trying to get the program to launch elite and not reinstall the entire game. as i could not find a way to do this i tried uninstalling it and broke it
here is the error
(if these dont show up i'll edit the post)
i ended up deleting (permanently deleting) some things i shouldnt have and now it wont start
ive gone through and done some things in the troubleshoot section including validating game files but nothings worked so far
Neat program, lil buggy for me. Could be something i need to do even, but...
I used this first on Feb 5th. All the logs recorded as Thursday May 2nd 3305, txt files seem to be saved with proper date in windows
I had a busy week and got back in the cockpit tonight. Log agent now shows both proper date and Sep 2 3305, but did not capture a LOG entry until I restarted the log agent. Who knows what date will stick when i close it tonight.
It's definitely with how it it is reading datetime from my system. The incorrect dates correlate to inverse ones and now that we are in dates for which there is no month, it was just soft crashing last try with a windows error mentioning datetime (apologies for no screenshot). Today while trying to reproduce the crash, it is displaying the chat history properly from the monitoring tool - which would not start yesterday at all - but still showing me logs with may 2nd and october 2nd alongside the actual feb 5th and feb 10th dates, and on a test from yesterday (still Monday my time) this date and the actual: http://prntscr.com/mne9haI just wanted to add on to this. Every time that I start the log I will send a general message to get the log updated with what system and location I'm in. Every time though it says that it is Monday--then correct date. It's not Monday everyday so I'm wondering if there is a setting that I have missed or that is not updating correctly to have it say the correct day of the week on it's own.
Edit: I also have the LOG prefix enabled.
I've made a new display switcher (many other functions). It's does a lot more, see below.
We are now in build 3.3
Download here: http://www.drkaii.com/tools/edprofiler/
UPDATE! Tone Maps broken by Frontier (not on purpose). Sorry! Hopefully will come back. Can bring it to their attention if you want perhaps, by politely emailing email@example.com and letting them know we miss it
Also I've updated the Chat Logs browser to include the new chat types and have added filtering for said chat types. Plus I've fixed some bugs that made that and CMDR Logs stop working <3
CMDR Logs is a new tool that captures what you write in local chat as a sort of in-game note taking device. It lets you make logs from WITHIN THE GAME, and then formats them beautifully, with lots of wonderful ways to tweak it. Even captures screenshots, and can therefore be used as a bookmarking tool for recording interesting sights!
<font size="4"><font size="3"><strong>[video=youtube;lmJF-Ua9coE]]Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmJF-Ua9coE[/video]
Tool always kept up to date. Most recent update:
18.104.22.168 is a quick update that does a couple of things:
A new setting has been added, submitted by forum user Overspark: GalaxyBackground QualitySetting under <Environment>!
1. Added a new context menu option: you can now copy the name of the system to clipboard
2. The merging was broken because rightclicking would deselect your other logs, fixed
3. Pop out and open .txt file will now open all selected if you have more than one selected
4. When "screenshot" is ticked, and you click on the link of a screenshot, it will actually also copy that screenshot to clipboard, so you can paste it online/in a messenger etc.
5. Added the first (and still ONLY) ever submitted Tone Map! Jay Le Chardon v1
Big recent changes in the previous update 2.4, to be worked on further:
2.4 introduces a brand new feature - ED Chat Logs Browser! It's a separate program I made a while back that didn't get much attention. I use it quite often to recall a chat or check if I missed anything so I thought I'd just include it in EDP for anyone else who would like that functionality. It's currently in beta and no guarantee I will fix the minor bugs, but please let me know about any major ones.
If I feel there is a lot of positive interest in the tool, I will really tidy it up, but for now it's very functional.
I've also finally got round to including the Volumetric Clouds Quality setting.
Due to space concerns I've decided to go wide, rather than any longer (people on laptops were already struggling to fit it on screen) and thus have changed the layout.
I've also fixed a couple of small issues, including the fact that messing with custom files didn't activate the Save button.
I've included some more GUI profiles, namely 4 that were designed by forum user edgepixel that maintain the security colours (enemies red etc.). I've also changed it so that the ""included"" GUI profiles don't automatically return every time there is an update, so if you delete some, they are gone for good! If you ever want the ""included"" ones, there is now a button to import them.
Lastly, I've added copy and paste functionality for the GUI colours, so you can copy out the values with <MatrixRed></MatrixRed> etc. tags included, or paste into EDProfiler the values that you've copied with the tags (such as if you copy from a forum thread or from the .cfg files)
As for the HUD editor, forum user edgepixel has brought to my attention that for some matrix values, the station menu colours don't match what our third party HUD editors are displaying, so I will be looking to solve that problem and perhaps further optimise the HUD editor, so stay tuned for that.
Fly dangerous CMDRS!
If you like it, feel free to donate, as there is more work to do on it
Hit the update button, or run setup.exe again, or go via the website and download/reinstall
Here are is an overview video of the app:
As you can see, it lets you create any number of graphics settings profiles. It also has a (live) Detect Current Settings button, and manages your start up control bindings and GUI Colours BRAND NEW GUI EDITOR!.
Download here: http://www.drkaii.com/tools/edprofiler/ (please don't share the non-shortened bit.ly link of the download as I am using it to track how many downloads - for curiousity )
If anything goes wrong, hit the reset button
Main fixes are the blue channel not saving to GUI profiles bug and jet cones quality not detecting properly
NEW FEATUREs ALERT!
Horizone's discovered settings that you can fiddle with to make the darkness of the sky darker without strongly affecting the overall brightness are now settable and adjustable by EDProfiler!
Examples of what it can do: Source: https://imgur.com/bndF1Z0
<font size="4"><font size="3">[video=youtube;drcrcklUD6U]]Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drcrcklUD6U[/video]
We have a brand new feature in EDProfiler: BRAND NEW BUILT IN GUI HUD COLOURS EDITOR!
The GUI/HUD Color Editor has been heavily worked on!!!
FIRSTLY, the code has been optimised, so the whole thing runs a lot faster, less lag etc.
SECONDLY, the color picker now has 3 modes:
1. Blend: mixes the color you click softly in to your selection
2. Replace (main): changes the overall color scheme to the one you select - a heavy replacement of the main ""orange""
3. Replace (highlights): replaces only the blue highlights (shields, some writing etc) - Note, it needs further work to get it more exact in all situations.
Have a fiddle to see exactly what each does. Hopefully, you'll be able to produce some awesome HUDs with this
THIRD, it is now fully region-friendly. Use your commas and ambersands and question marks for decimal separators to your hearts content! Weirdo.
FOURTH, the image is much more refined, neater, and includes more menu items for reference.
LASTLY, file size is reduced down to a healthy 2mb again
COMING SOON: (if I can figure it out):Avatars are here! 100% accurate as far as I can tell (please test)!
It lets you see what your chosen GUI values look like for almost every layout in the game. It lets you change them on the fly, it lets you click on a colour to blend that colour in to what you've selected, it lets you scroll through your profiles. It is very very cool.
Has the ability to switch to larger values and negative values.
1. Fixed the issue when creating a new profile, you get two entries in the profiles list
2. Fixed the message showing "profile saved" when you bring up the overwrite profile dialogue but close without making any change
3. Added a validation in case you pick the wrong ED install location (for the defaults) or the wrong program for the launcher
4. Added a rough auto-detect for the ED Launcher
5. A few cosmetic updates
Video and Image of changes:
1. You can now create a list of programs to run when you hit Apply for each profile! So if you switch your audio source with something like nircmd, for example, when you change from 2D to VR, you can now add the .bat files to the relevant profiles and have them run as you hit Apply (checkbox has to be checked)
2. You can now unlock the Model Draw Distance to go above the default range. Setting the slider to max with the "unlock" box ticked sets it to 2.0, which almost completely eliminates pop up. Powerful computers only!
3. I wrote some code to give you a dialog box if your GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml is corrupt (not sure why but this happens to a few people here and there) with some options on how to deal with it (either delete and recreate, or lets you fix it yourself)
- Now, in "Detect Current" mode, the Save button changes to Save to existing profile..., and clicking it opens a tiny dialogue that lets you save the currently detected settings to any of your profiles, or one of the two default profiles (finally). Warning, overwrites the profile completely!
- Added all the latest NO2O avatar friendly profiles
- Renamed all the old NO2O GUI profiles to include special titles, and given the author name where available
- Increased the width of the GUI Profiles List combobox dropdown list so you can read the names that don't fit
- Improved the algorithm for working out which named profile is currently applied when in "detect" mode
- Cleaned up a lot of the GUI profiles as a result*
- Changed the way the profiler displays the names of custom bindings (it was removing the "Custom -" part), and created clean up code to deal with that
- Added controls for HUD brightness, jet cones, camera shake, camera blackout, vehicle camera stick to horizon and two additional VR default profiles
- Updated options for graphics settings that have new options, such as super sampling and HMD quality
- Added code to include all these changes and additions to existing profiles
- Changed gamma, terrain work and model draw distance to sliders
- Changed values for above to match game values exactly
- Added "check for updates" button
- Improved code for control bindings, now using PresetName in the .binds file rather than the file name itself, in case the user changed it. Added code to support very old bindings files that don't use the PresetName attribute
- Fixed some bugs
- Adjusted the layout
- Clicking the VR default profiles now automatically sets the 3D control to HMD
- Added more NO2O GUI profiles (GUI profiles that are compatible with avatars)
it is now bug free as far as I can tell, and I have completed my todo list. Run the setup.exe or re-download and install to get the latest version!
It has been a glorious day of updates! Including fixing ALL region-related issues and the SS issue (see notes below), I've now finally gotten round to fixing the Bindings part of the app! You can now select from a list of your custom bindings, as well as the default options in a drop down list, and it will apply that binding before starting the game (so long as you have the "Enabled" box ticked). You can save both to a profile of course. Enjoy!
22.214.171.124 - fixed minor issue with Bindings list not updating when you switch profiles/detect
126.96.36.199 - changed the title to 1.0.4 as it still said 1.0.3
Fixed all regional issues (once and for all I hope, please test!). SS is also now fixed in case you missed the last update. Please update by running the setup.exe again or going to the site.
188.8.131.52 - 7
If your files got corrupted due to it NOT working before thanks to the regional issues, please either manually set a complete list of settings and hit "Apply" in EDP, or failing that, delete them (game files and EDProfiler files) and recreate them (by launching the game and applying in the graphics menu for the former, by running EDP for the latter) and all will be smooth sailing.
- Fixed the quoted problem, as well as finalised the multi-regional support. If you use commas for decimal points, heck if you use % signs for decimal points (we don't judge you), then it will work fine for you
- Also added some NO2O GUI colour profiles, which are all avatar-friendly. Taken from here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/259311-NO2O!-The-Definitive-List-of-1-6-2-1-Compatible-HUD-Colour-Color-Configs-(please-add-yours!)
(give rep to the inventor of the one you use)
- I also disabled the control bindings checkbox as that's not currently working correctly. Will be available when I fix it sometime by next week hopefully
Fixed SS issues by 184.108.40.206, added home button and various other minor issues
- Fixed issue of having to set the install path each time you press one of the Default Settings buttons
- Fixed the issue some were getting where they got various exceptions from starting due to missing elements (some people seem to not have DOF or Sampler settings in their configuration files
- Set it to blank out the DOF and Sampler settings if they don't exist to prevent confusion, with tooltips to explain
- Included missing GUI profiles (including the "default" one called Standard)
- Set auto-updates to once every 7 days again
- Custom binds no longer getting renamed (the files themselves were never renamed but it made problems populating the list correctly in EDProfiler)
- Custom bind for loading is not set to nothing anymore if you apply with the check box unchecked
- Those getting the "element missing" error on startup shouldn't get it anymore
- Added tool tips when you hover your mouse over some settings that can be blank until you change them and hit apply the first time with instructions
Hi there,It has been a while since I have used VR in Elite, been playing in 2D for the most part in the last year, so I was going through the motions to set up my Oculus CV1 again, and I have a few questions, hopefully some wiser patrons here can answer:
- I have the Steam install and have managed to run Elite in VR this weekend with the built in steam launcher VR option
- I have also tried to install DrKaii profiler, which I have used in the past, but when I create and save a new profile it seems it does not actually save anything. When I return to it later it has the old selections and not the ones I saved.
- Assuming i succeed at creating a couple 2D and VR profiles, how do I actually use them, do I "Apply" and then run the game from Steam (for the VR option) or do I "launch" in DrKaii app direct? (I have tried launching in VR from drKaii but I never managed to get an image in my headset).
- When I "Apply" a profile, what path does the tool use? Or is that path fixed and the same for everyone?
Select all the settings how you want them, then save under a new profile name.
When you want to use the profile, select it and hit apply then if you wish, "Launch Elite" or you can launch from Steam.
The path is fixed - I have played both the Steam and Oculus versions and both use the same path for the games config.
Here is an example of what I have set..
View attachment 128629
Same thing here....Although the new home screen is OK I guess ... from looking at this and a few other screens such as options, etc, it looks like having altered HUD colours is now seriously messing with the colour schemes of these other screens ... shame, I may have to revert to using a default colour scheme.
Would be curious to hear if others are experiencing the same thing with the new update.