EDProfiler - A New Display Switcher/Robust Settings Profiler/Switcher/Detector!

Yes they have switched it off entirely
Thanks for the speedy reply! I thought so... uuggghhhh. This is not terribly helpful as some elements look a little washed out still.
However, I did notice a massive improvement in the last update regarding shade balance in the rift, before it was completely outrageous necessitating file alteration. This was probably when the files were internally overridden by the game also.
I quite enjoyed getting the settings just so to my liking. 😔

Flimley

Last edited:
Hang on, the override file is completely moot now?
Thanks for the speedy reply! I thought so... uuggghhhh. This is not terribly helpful as some elements look a little washed out still.
However, I did notice a massive improvement in the last update regarding shade balance in the rift, before it was completely outrageous necessitating file alteration. This was probably when the files were internally overridden by the game also.
I quite enjoyed getting the settings just so to my liking. 😔

Flimley

The override file still works guys, it seems to work differently than before.
I tried the adjustments in Lets make space dark again MkIII (I think thats the latest version) but it screws with the hud and makes the gamma in vr unplayable.
So it definately still does something, someone just needs to figure out what's different about it.

If you are having some colour issues, try deleting the override file and let ED generate a new one. This massively fixed it for me.

I like the ability to "Launch Elite" with "No VR" -- only thing is, I have two installations: one for my main and one for my alt. (Actually I use a directory junction to create the illusion of two installations, which is enough to convince the launcher to save their configs separately.)

So I was wondering what command line flags or whatever you pass to get the "No VR" option, so I can create some custom shortcuts that achieve the same thing for each account.

Last edited:
For some reason I am unable to install the Profiler. Windows keeps blocking it and no matter what I do (even turning off Windows Defender altogether) won't unblock it.

Last edited:
For some reason I'm having trouble connecting to drkaii.com -- but my friends are able to.
After grabbing the EXE via a friends internet, it now won't install as it downloads files to finish the install.

Is there any way to get the full package from another (trusted) source besides drkaii.com ?

Looks like your security settings are stopping the exe before it fully unpacks.
This could be over sensitivity of your AV which has pushed the windows built in security up a notch. Or because you are not logged in as the Admin of your PC.

Right click on the exe and select run as administrator. Then if you are not logged in as the “true” admin you can put in the details when/if asked.

Should install just fine after that.

Is there any way to get the full download of ED Profiler? No matter what I do (disable defender firewall, reboot router, etc I'm always getting this error after the initial exe download/run:

Launching Application.
URLDownloadToCacheFile failed with HRESULT '-2146697211'
Error: An error occurred trying to download 'http://www.drkaii.com/EDP/EDProfiler.application'.

Thanks!

Looks like you're not able to resolve the address, could be a DNS issue. If you open up a command line and type "nslookup www.drkaii.com" what does it tell you? I get 185.160.182.96.

If you get something different (or nothing) maybe try switching to a different DNS provider.

Hang on, the override file is completely moot now?

No, AFAIK the override file still works and is useful for many changes, but the tone mapping mod doesn't work since the 3.3 update and FD has remained tight-lipped about what the Node settings now do. :)

Last edited:
My profile is called VRHigh, and I have a GraphicsConfigurationOverride file and a GraphicsConfigurationOverride_VRHigh file. I opened up both files and they're identical - even down to the changes I've made. Is that okay? Or do I need to delete GraphicsConfigurationOverride or GraphicsConfigurationOverride_VRHigh?

My confusion lies in the help file (as highlighted in the attached photo).
2019-09-09 18_17_01-Extra Settings Help.png

My profile is called VRHigh, and I have a GraphicsConfigurationOverride file and a GraphicsConfigurationOverride_VRHigh file. I opened up both files and they're identical - even down to the changes I've made. Is that okay? Or do I need to delete GraphicsConfigurationOverride or GraphicsConfigurationOverride_VRHigh?

My confusion lies in the help file (as highlighted in the attached photo).
View attachment 142557

The file with the _suffix is just the backup. Keep it because whenever you select that profile, it will copy those values to the real GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml

Real shame, I hope you can get this sorted with the various "internet guardians", its a great tool and one ive used in the past

Attachments

• warning.png
    warning.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 222
Top Bottom