EDProfiler - A New Display Switcher/Robust Settings Profiler/Switcher/Detector!

So I am getting this error when trying to save a new profile now that I removed my one drive account. Any ideas as to how to fix this? I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that isn't working. I also am not able to add the one drive account to that directory either.

Attachments

• EDProfiler Error Code.png
    EDProfiler Error Code.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 133
Hi folks,

Unless I start ED using the Steam URL method, I can't get the auto-login (account linking) to work. How can I tell ED Profiler to use the Steam URL method?

Here is the method I mean, if it were in a Batch file:

start "" "C:\Users\sqltest\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Steam\Elite Dangerous.url"

I tried to find where the EDProfiler settings are located, and can't seem to find them. I looked in the Registry as well as the AppData folder.

Does anyone know how to make it work with the Steam launcher? Thanks.

I've noticed that if I use EDProfiler to switch to my non-VR config it doesn't work with Odyssey so I'm assuming there is a separate config file/location for the alpha test. I created a 2nd Elite Dangerous desktop link and added /novr to the end of the execution line to fix for now.

hi CMRDs,

i have massive issues with the app.
when launching Odyssey it will always open SteamVR.

even with disabled that
1.png

and disabled also in the EDProfiler.exe.config

2.png

what else please has to be done, to get rid of that annoying behaviour, without to rename the steamvr.exe?

if i remember correctly, there was an option to disable that in the SteamVR app. but now in current v1.17.5 Beta there isnt such that anymore.
Please help.

Thanks!

cheers, o7

Last edited:
Hi DrKaii, I have a Couple of Questions

First) My Computer's Anti-Virus Software Keeps Pinging the Link to the Download as Dangerous, Is this a False Positive
Second) Does this work for Non-VR Users or VR Only
Third) Does this Work for Epic Games

Thanks in Advance - Theta

Hi DrKaii, I have a Couple of Questions

First) My Computer's Anti-Virus Software Keeps Pinging the Link to the Download as Dangerous, Is this a False Positive
Second) Does this work for Non-VR Users or VR Only
Third) Does this Work for Epic Games

Thanks in Advance - Theta
1. yes, false positive. We all get this message!
2. yes, also for NonVR
3. dunno -.- but u have a chance to try, when you have epic...

I am trying to install but it is stuck during the Preparing Application stage. I have gone through all 65 pages of this forum trying all different options but i still can not get past this stage and it has been sitting here for over an hour.
2021-05-11_18h53_55.png

Alas I think @drkaii has drifted away from Elite these days so it's been a while since he was in this thread.

Although I use EDProfiler a lot its installer is a complete mystery to me. I've never understood why programs can't just install themselves the old fashioned way, copying a bunch of files to C:\Program Files and creating a shortcut. Occasionally EDProfiler tells me an update is available but to be honest I'm terrified to accept it for fear of losing access to this terrific utility forever.

Uh oh ...

Odyssey uses different files to Horizons in %localappdata%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options to save configuration options, such as Audio, Graphics and Custom Key Bindings.

Calling @drkaii ?!?!

Failing that, anyone up for reverse engineering/byte editing EDProfiler so it works with Odyssey?

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Uh oh ...

Calling @drkaii ?!?!

Failing that, anyone up for reverse engineering/byte editing EDProfiler so it works with Odyssey?

Keybinds are denoted by version number, as such:

• HCS Mathias.3.0.binds = EDH
  • HCS Mathias.4.0.binds = EDO

I know for a fact that EDO Alpha used GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml from %localappdata%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Graphics directory, just as EDH does. I know that because I messed about with the options via ED Profiler. (Unless it was a bug? I didn't think much of it at the time.)

Whether other options, apart from HUD colours (and/or how many of them), commonly modified via GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml will be compatible with EDO, we'll see. Especially the ones related to planetary tech, like textures and stuff like number of rocks etc. That stuff has changed in the engine, so it's possible that it's controlled by different parameters.

But that can be reverse-engineered from the main GraphicsConfiguration.xml file, which you'll find in the root of the application folder where the exe is :)

The code for HUD colours was OK in EDO Alpha for sure. Worst case scenario we'll be back to manually editing the files, until drkaii updates the app or someone makes a new one (and knowing this amazing community, someone would for sure :) ).

Is ED Profiler open source?

Last edited:
Uh oh ...

Calling @drkaii ?!?!

I guess we won't know until tonight - but the Alpha used the same folder - but now they have decided to keep the split clients ( Horizons keeps the old renderer and UI and planet tech ) then maybe Odyssey full version will use a different folder - it would make sense if people end up needing to use lower graphics settings to Odyssey playable vs Horizons.

I guess we won't know until tonight - but the Alpha used the same folder - but now they have decided to keep the split clients ( Horizons keeps the old renderer and UI and planet tech ) then maybe Odyssey full version will use a different folder - it would make sense if people end up needing to use lower graphics settings to Odyssey playable vs Horizons.

Yes. Normally I can play Horizons on my 2070 Super using med/ high settings and have stable frame times running at 120Hz in the black, 80/90Hz on planets and stations. Using the same settings I now have to go down to 90Hz in the black.

Hey guys, keep up the faith :)
I have updated the tool. It should basically work now, although I still have to add the two new options, as well as check if anything else has changed like bindings etc, which I will do on Sunday. Keep an eye out for that and let me know if there are any issues via kaii@dr.com - much faster to get hold of me! This forum NEVER lets me know anything via email, no matter what I do.

I will get to your questions then too!

Sorry, took me a while to get Odyssey. I won't be playing it directly without VR. I hear there's a hack to get basic VR working even on foot?

Last edited:
I have updated the tool. It should basically work now, although I still have to add the two new options, as well as check if anything else has changed like bindings etc, which I will do on Sunday. Keep an eye out for that and let me know if there are any issues via kaii@dr.com - much faster to get hold of me! This forum NEVER lets me know anything via email, no matter what I do.

Sorry, took me a while to find the money for Odyssey. I won't be playing it directly without VR. I hear there's a hack to get basic VR working even on foot?

Woot woot!

Beer money incoming :cool:

@drkaii I am unaware of any hack to get on foot gameplay to work in VR. Currently fdev will present you with a flatscreen to play on foot while staying in VR. Everything else is already VR.

Last edited:

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator

Sorry, took me a while to find the money for Odyssey. I won't be playing it directly without VR. I hear there's a hack to get basic VR working even on foot?

Nice one! I'll drop you a mail.

So glad to hear from you! EDO now is laggy mess, so wait a couple weeks (months?) it even lags on pancake, im afraid to hook up pimax, so guys with 3080 and 3090 says it performs like garbage, totally unplayable.
Anyway, you can look here

upd. checked new version, seems to work, gonna wait for controls switching capability

Last edited:
Top Bottom