Community Event / Creation Ed's 38 introduce: The BikkyBall Run

Foreword: This event will mainly be talked about on our Discord server: https://discord.gg/SecHSby
It is open to all CMDRs and all platforms (duh, of course it is). Horizons is required.

The BikkyBall Run

Why?
So, there are two major roles on our Discord: Biscuiteers and Dunkers.
Up until today, the only people with the Dunker role were those who helped us during the Colonia Migration Initiative.
They're the reason we have our own station in our own system near Colonia.
However, that was quite some time ago. Biscuiteers started asking how and when they will be given the role of Dunker.
To commemorate the events of the Colonia Migration Initiative, and to give the Biscuiteers
a way of attaining the role of Dunker, we present to you: The BikkyBall Run!

The Mission
Interested, huh? You think you've got what it takes to be a Dunker? A Patron of Dubbuennel?!
Well then, I've got the perfect job for you to prove you're worthy of the title of Dunker.

You see, Dunker's Rest in Dubbuennel is always short on good quality tea, and milk if you like it that way.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to deliver certain goods to Dunker's Rest in Dubbuennel.

The Goods
Fujin Tea(System: Fujin - Station: Futen Spaceport)
Ceremonial Heike Tea(System: Heike - Station: Brunel City)
Azure Milk(System: Leesti - Station: George Lucas)
Mechucos High Tea(System: Mechucos - Station: Brandensetin Port)
Tanmark Tranquil Tea(System: Tanmark - Station: Cassie-L-Peia)
Ethgreze Tea Buds(System: Ethgreze - Station: Bloch Station)

Bonus:
The Hutton Mug (System: Alpha Centauri - Station: Hutton Orbital)
Bucky Ball Beer Mats (System: Fullerene C60 - Station: Rebuy Prospect)

-Each ton of Fujin Tea, Ceremonial Heike Tea, Azure Milk, Mechucos High Tea, Tanmark Tranquil Tea, Ethgreze Tea Buds
earns you 100 points.
-Each ton of The Hutton Mug earns you an extra 10 points.
-Each ton of Bucky Ball Beer Mats earns you an extra 10 points.

Rules
1: You must deliver the goods, and thereby make the journey from the Bubble to Colonia, yourself.
2: You are not allowed to take over from someone else along the way.
3: No piracy of other Ed's 38 members. See rule 1.
4: Teabagging before you set off is allowed and encouraged.
5: No ship or engineer restrictions. Make it count!
6: No time limit. This is an ongoing and open ended event. Proceed at your leisure.

The Scoreboard & Reward
In order to be considered a valid entry into the scoreboard, as well as being called a Dunker, you have to provide us
with a screenshot of your cargohold before your departure as well as a screenshot of you selling the goods.
Failure to provide those will result in 0 points toward your score and no Dunker role. Make it easy for the both of us. :)

"What else?" I hear you say. Well:

ETERNAL FAME! Nah, just kidding. The only "reward", if you want to call it that, is that you will be assigned the role of Dunker
on the Discord server. The points and scoreboard are purely cosmetic and for the competitive of you.
Gives you something to work for, other than a role on some Discord server.
If you're only after the role of Dunker, then delivering 1t of any of the mentioned goods is enough.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Post your entries in this thread or on our Discord server(preferably on Discord): https://discord.gg/SecHSby.

LET THE DUNKING BEGIN!

Scoreboard spreadsheet done by the wonderful millstonebarn:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g78hYROHltsZz-tlR1bSQtEOH45mdqfzrs6AcrGGGJk/edit#gid=0

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Hmmm biscuits, tea and racing [up]

Definitely one to keep an eye on :p

I'll spread the word

You intend to place the mugs directly on the table with no drinks mats?

Uncouth philistines the lot of 'em! :p

nM4T6vo.jpg

You intend to place the mugs directly on the table with no drinks mats?

And no biscuits. THE HORROR! FDev, plizz add biscuit rare, k thx.
Hm, thinking about it, I think we do have coasters. Planet Coasters, in fact.
I'll see myself out.

I think this looks right.

CommodityMaxPoints
Azure Milk - 100pts7700
Ceremonial Heike Tea - 100pts8800
Ethgreze Tea Buds - 100pts7700
Fujin Tea - 100pts101000
Mechucos High Tea - 100pts121200
Tanmark Tranquil Tea - 100pts9900
The Hutton Mug - 10pts30300
Bucky Ball Beer Mats - 10pts25250
Total1085850

Orca

I'd imagine that at some point a spreadsheet will materialise that will also (unofficially of course) factor in the time taken from the bubble to Dunkers Rest! ;)

I'd imagine that at some point a spreadsheet will materialise that will also (unofficially of course) factor in the time taken from the bubble to Dunkers Rest! ;)
The maintainer of such a spreadsheet would likely want to divide score by the number of minutes spent travelling. So as an example, carrying a max score over 3 hours and 25 minutes (205 minutes) would be:

5850 / 205 = 28.53​

whereas only carrying 10 tons worth 1000 pts would be:

1000 / 205 = 4.88​

I guess we're putting our reports in here?

Dropped my load at Dunkers last night in 6 hours, 9 minutes and 34 seconds travel time from Founders.

CommodityTonnes CarriedPoints
Azure Milk 2200
Ceremonial Heike Tea2200
Ethgreze Tea Buds2200
Fujin Tea2200
Mechucos High Tea2200
Tanmark Tranquil Tea2200
The Hutton Mug 220
Bucky Ball Beer Mats220
Total161240

Launched from Founders at 17:28:00
qrrXOcF.jpg

Landed at Dunkers at 23:37:24
uaQ1Kbl.jpg

My Cargo:
WeKCTuM.jpg

soMm5WF.jpg

The maintainer of such a spreadsheet would likely want to divide score by the number of minutes spent travelling. So as an example, carrying a max score over 3 hours and 25 minutes (205 minutes) would be:

5850 / 205 = 28.53​

whereas only carrying 10 tons worth 1000 pts would be:
1000 / 205 = 4.88​

Done. Though I've used points/hour rather than per minute. Spreadsheet link is pinned in Discord.

Added a link to the scoreboard spreadsheet at the bottom of the OP.
I think this looks right.

CommodityMaxPoints
Azure Milk - 100pts7700
Ceremonial Heike Tea - 100pts8800
Ethgreze Tea Buds - 100pts7700
Fujin Tea - 100pts101000
Mechucos High Tea - 100pts121200
Tanmark Tranquil Tea - 100pts9900
The Hutton Mug - 10pts30300
Bucky Ball Beer Mats - 10pts25250
Total1085850

Orca
My apologies...this was not a run declaration. Well, at least not yet. I was just toying with the numbers to see what kind of ship would be needed. :)
Sorry for the confusion.

I missed this thread until a day or two ago.

As there's no deadline, I'll almost certainly have a go at this in between BRC races. I'll be in my Asp-X The Nomad, so I'm likely to have about 40t of rares teas and beermats on board in a Neutron-hopping configuration.

After taking a look at the leaderboard/spreadsheet, double-taking, and then re-reading the rules, I have to say, "Oh. I see now. Yeah, I can't compete with that."

Top Bottom