Release EDSM - Elite Dangerous Star Map

Hi - I'm getting a discrepancy between the estimated scan values reported by ED Discovery and by EDSM. The values on EDSM are three times the values reported on EDD. It's been like that for a few days now.

Last edited:
Hi Anthor,

If I want to check my Flightlogs while playing ED I use my Ipad. But since a while I noticed the navigation bar at the bottom doesn't fit the screen anymore. Scrolling to the right reveals the righthand side but scrolling to the left doesn't work.

Here are three screenshots to illustrate:
eRB7q5e.png

EwTbVGJ.png

And one in landscape mode:
RxUFHLj.png

Hi Anthor,

If I want to check my Flightlogs while playing ED I use my Ipad. But since a while I noticed the navigation bar at the bottom doesn't fit the screen anymore. Scrolling to the right reveals the righthand side but scrolling to the left doesn't work.

Here are three screenshots to illustrate:
And one in landscape mode:

Do you know your resolution? Will fix it on Monday!

Have been using EDSM the last couple of days both on PC and the iPad for the PS4 version of the game. I've noticed that it doesn't always track systems that I've passed through and sometimes it even "updates" to an older system that I'm no longer in. For a while I was starting/stopping the console updater whenever I'd enter a system because often I would jump through a system quicker than the default 60 second refresh could track but even now it seems to not always update when I do that. It's like it is slow getting the information from Frontier. I thought it would be in real time but that's not always the case.

Last edited:

crua9

C
I have an idea for the site. I think there should be a note tab, and a tab showing what things you first discovered.

As far as the note tab, this should be like the logbook, but it lets you keep private notes. (I've been using my logbook to keep track of which systems the game thinks I actually first found and a to do)
And as far as the first discovered. There should be a way to mark or not which systems the game thinks you first found. Like there is a number of systems the site thinks I first found, but this isn't the case. And there is a few that the game thinks I first found, but the site says someone was there a few years back (most likely they stopped playing). Maybe the best way to do it is if you marked yourself as not finding a system first. Then you can fill in the proper name or just leave it blank, but the site stops thinking you found the system first. But if the game thinks you found a system but the site knows otherwise. Then privately it will be noted to you.
I think this is the best way to keep anyone from trolling since it will only screw with their personal records.

Another thing I think should be added if possible is maybe a marker for the person who first discovered a given planet and mapped it.

Have been using EDSM the last couple of days both on PC and the iPad for the PS4 version of the game. I've noticed that it doesn't always track systems that I've passed through and sometimes it even "updates" to an older system that I'm no longer in. For a while I was starting/stopping the console updater whenever I'd enter a system because often I would jump through a system quicker than the default 60 second refresh could track but even now it seems to not always update when I do that. It's like it is slow getting the information from Frontier. I thought it would be in real time but that's not always the case.

That's not on our side for console. Nothing I can do.

I have an idea for the site. I think there should be a note tab, and a tab showing what things you first discovered.

As far as the note tab, this should be like the logbook, but it lets you keep private notes. (I've been using my logbook to keep track of which systems the game thinks I actually first found and a to do)
And as far as the first discovered. There should be a way to mark or not which systems the game thinks you first found. Like there is a number of systems the site thinks I first found, but this isn't the case. And there is a few that the game thinks I first found, but the site says someone was there a few years back (most likely they stopped playing). Maybe the best way to do it is if you marked yourself as not finding a system first. Then you can fill in the proper name or just leave it blank, but the site stops thinking you found the system first. But if the game thinks you found a system but the site knows otherwise. Then privately it will be noted to you.
I think this is the best way to keep anyone from trolling since it will only screw with their personal records.

Another thing I think should be added if possible is maybe a marker for the person who first discovered a given planet and mapped it.

=> System page, private comment.

crua9

C
=> System page, private comment.

Ya but doesn't that require you to go to the given system page? Like if I want to do a to do list, then I have to search for SOL or whatever to view/update the list of things 1 wants to do.

crua9

C
Is there a way to start a new travel map? Like say if I'm taking off for another exploration trip. Is there a way to somehow mark something so the system can show me that given travel map?

Also, is there a way to mark given locations on the travel map?

@AnthorNet
can you explain the DW2 expedition progress monitoring?

Just looked at EDSM/expeditions/DW2; apparently 2 have dropped out and 10 have already “succeeded” (but we are only about a third way through), but then it also says only 6909 participants but wasn’t the roster up above 13000?

Then I’ve also checked personal progress: At breakfast time I was just 15 jumps from wp6 with 25.85% progress whereas 2 pilots just above me in the list are already both there but one has 35.54% & the other has 35.16%. Hope progress on the expedition doesn’t mean that the intermediate waypoints are compulsory, this was never disclosed. I’ve missed out a couple of the expedition poi that didn’t seem very interesting to do my own thing....

@AnthorNet
can you explain the DW2 expedition progress monitoring?

Just looked at EDSM/expeditions/DW2; apparently 2 have dropped out and 10 have already “succeeded” (but we are only about a third way through), but then it also says only 6909 participants but wasn’t the roster up above 13000?

Then I’ve also checked personal progress: At breakfast time I was just 15 jumps from wp6 with 25.85% progress whereas 2 pilots just above me in the list are already both there but one has 35.54% & the other has 35.16%. Hope progress on the expedition doesn’t mean that the intermediate waypoints are compulsory, this was never disclosed. I’ve missed out a couple of the expedition poi that didn’t seem very interesting to do my own thing....

You can succeed as long as you hit the end system. Should add a percentage of visited waypoints to avoid that, but that's not in place yet.
Progression is only based on the last waypoint passed.

Not all participants are on EDSM, also roster number have some holes/

You can succeed as long as you hit the end system. Should add a percentage of visited waypoints to avoid that, but that's not in place yet.

How do you find what your roster number is? I really don't want to have to scroll through 13,000 names. thanks.

Thanks!
but will try not to hit the end system!
Will go for a gentle landing...unless I mix up the order of landing and the celebratory lavian brandy brandies! :D

Last edited:
Can somebody help me, since i am unable to find it...

Where can i search for other CMDRs? I want to add my RL-friends as friends in EDSM but i cannot search for them

Deleted member 192138

D
EDIT: This has been answered in the EDSM Discord, no need for a reply here :)
-------
Yesterday I embarked on DW2 from Pallaeni (Feb 25, 2019, 11:03:04 PM). EDSM is updated from EDDiscovery, and I'm registered for the expedition on EDSM. I've since arrived at Omega Sector VE-Q b5-15 and have a green tick against that waypoint on EDSM. There is no similar tick against Pallaeni. Am I missing something as to why my arrival at the start location wasn't registered by the expedition, when I can see it in my uploaded Flight Log?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom