Release EDSM - Elite Dangerous Star Map

I just finally installed the discovery tool, bu i am concerned that it thinks i docked 4 days ago (it was more like 2 weeks ago) and my credits since docking is very low. - is it a bug, or just because its took me awhile to finally get it working?

Hi - I'm getting a discrepancy between the estimated scan values reported by ED Discovery and by EDSM. The values on EDSM are three times the values reported on EDD. It's been like that for a few days now.

So, I'm guessing that the difference is that EDSM is adding the First Discovered to the FSS + DSS totals!

Hi, I wanted to connect EDDiscovery to EDSM, so I tried to register an EDSM account but EDSM reports 'That commander name is not available'.
Can I try a different name (not my commander's name) and still be able to upload to EDSM?
Anyone able to help with that? Thanks.

Hi, I wanted to connect EDDiscovery to EDSM, so I tried to register an EDSM account but EDSM reports 'That commander name is not available'.
Can I try a different name (not my commander's name) and still be able to upload to EDSM?

Sorry the formatting lost the phrase: 'That commander name is not available'.

Sorry the formatting lost the phrase: 'That commander name is not available'.

I'm not sure if using a different commander name works - I'm a console user, and it was saying the commander name was not available. I tried registering with a different commander name (added a '1' after the original) and it accepted the registration. I can even login via the frontier auth service ok, but as soon as I try the console updater it says 'The Frontier Auth Service is currently not available, please try again later.'. I've tried on a number of occasions without success.

Hi!

Since the last update of the console updater(cu) I frequently get 'The Frontier Auth Service is currently not available, please try again later.' when trying to start the cu. Sometimes, after 10 tries or so, i can connect to the frontier services. I tried to start it on different systems (Mac, PC, Android,..) and at different times of day. Even after disconnecting and reconnecting the edsm account to the frontier services via the ps4 authentification screen, there's is this issue. Yesterday (3rd of march 2019), the cu looked like it was up and running, but I cannot see neither my flight route nor the materials.
If the problem is on my side, I'm out of ideas what to do to solve it.
I worked pretty cool until the last update and as a PS4 - User I really appreciate this tool and want to thank you for all the effort you put in that thing!
o7

Hi!

Since the last update of the console updater(cu) I frequently get 'The Frontier Auth Service is currently not available, please try again later.' when trying to start the cu. Sometimes, after 10 tries or so, i can connect to the frontier services. I tried to start it on different systems (Mac, PC, Android,..) and at different times of day. Even after disconnecting and reconnecting the edsm account to the frontier services via the ps4 authentification screen, there's is this issue. Yesterday (3rd of march 2019), the cu looked like it was up and running, but I cannot see neither my flight route nor the materials.
If the problem is on my side, I'm out of ideas what to do to solve it.
I worked pretty cool until the last update and as a PS4 - User I really appreciate this tool and want to thank you for all the effort you put in that thing!
o7

Just checked your account and it seems to work right now.
I'll try to add more verbose to those errors :)

Hi - I'm getting a discrepancy between the estimated scan values reported by ED Discovery and by EDSM. The values on EDSM are three times the values reported on EDD. It's been like that for a few days now.

So, I'm guessing that the difference is that EDSM is adding the First Discovered to the FSS + DSS totals!

I'm confused by the scan values too ...

First instance, I've just scanned an ELW wit the FSS and in the EDSM Dashboard it has already ticked the "first discovered" and "first mapped" multipliers applied ... but I haven't mapped the planet yet.

Any clues ?

Inadvertently converted PC account to Console

Hello fellow Commanders,

Unfortunately I made a massive mistake with my PC EDSM account which I have had since Jan 17, 2016. I was trying to access my linked XBOX account and I inadvertently converted my PC account into a XBOX account.

Is there a way of converting it back into a PC account? I am loathed to having to delete and start again and then re-linking every other utility that had access to it.

Your help and assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

CMDR Chazwai o7

Last edited:
The Frontier Auth Service is currently not available, please try again later.

Seem to be getting this a lot lately. This afternoon it won't work at all. I'm trying to use the console updater and this is the error that keeps popping up. Any ideas?

Hi Anthor,

I understand it's not top priority but did you have a chance to look into this yet ?

So sorry, checking urgently just now :D

I'm confused by the scan values too ...

First instance, I've just scanned an ELW wit the FSS and in the EDSM Dashboard it has already ticked the "first discovered" and "first mapped" multipliers applied ... but I haven't mapped the planet yet.

Any clues ?

It means the value shown takes into account that from an EDSM point of view, you'll be the first mapper.
If it not ticked, then some else already mapped it, and the value is less.

Hello fellow Commanders,

Unfortunately I made a massive mistake with my PC EDSM account which I have had since Jan 17, 2016. I was trying to access my linked XBOX account and I inadvertently converted my PC account into a XBOX account.

Is there a way of converting it back into a PC account? I am loathed to having to delete and start again and then re-linking every other utility that had access to it.

Your help and assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

CMDR Chazwai o7

Should be fixed !

The Frontier Auth Service is currently not available, please try again later.

Seem to be getting this a lot lately. This afternoon it won't work at all. I'm trying to use the console updater and this is the error that keeps popping up. Any ideas?

I'm reviewing all this code to provide better information.
Sadly when the Auth Service doesn't return anything useful, nothing can be done on my side!
Most of the time, it's just a wrong sign-in, for example using the Frontier Form instead of clicking on the console icon to sign-in.

It means the value shown takes into account that from an EDSM point of view, you'll be the first mapper.
If it not ticked, then some else already mapped it, and the value is less.

Okay, so it's the *potential* maximum scan value, not what I'll (roughly) expect to get ?

Is it not possible to use the "SAAScanComplete" event to provide a better guestimate ?

Okay, so it's the *potential* maximum scan value, not what I'll (roughly) expect to get ?

Is it not possible to use the "SAAScanComplete" event to provide a better guestimate ?

Events doesn't provide any value, SAAScanComplete is used to get a first mapped tag on the bodies.
So if no users did it before you, it's the expected value you can get when mapped and sold.

Events doesn't provide any value, SAAScanComplete is used to get a first mapped tag on the bodies.
So if no users did it before you, it's the expected value you can get when mapped and sold.

Sorry, didn't explain my point clearly ... I understand the journal entry itself doesn't have any values.

But couldn't the estimated formula only add the "first mapped" multiplier if the SAAScanComplete has been received ?

For example:-

Code:
Do a FSS scan of an ELW
Scan value = ELW_VALUE_BASE_VALUE
If ("First Discovered"), scan value *= FIRST_DISCOVERED_MULTIPLIER
If ("SAAScanComplete"), scan value *= FIRST_MAPPED_MULTIPLIER
... etc ...

Last edited:
Sorry, didn't explain my point clearly ... I understand the journal entry itself doesn't have any values.

But couldn't the estimated formula only add the "first mapped" multiplier if the SAAScanComplete has been received ?

For example:-

Code:
Do a FSS scan of an ELW
Scan value = ELW_VALUE_BASE_VALUE
If ("First Discovered"), scan value *= FIRST_DISCOVERED_MULTIPLIER
If ("SAAScanComplete"), scan value *= FIRST_MAPPED_MULTIPLIER
... etc ...

The goal of this dashboard listing is to provide you with an easy access on what you should go map, and what you can expect to earn from it.

For the real values you earn, it's all in the exploration dashboard, which recalculate values when needed depending on other users scans.

For the real values you earn, it's all in the exploration dashboard, which recalculate values when needed depending on other users scans.

Ah, okay ... so when it states "Estimated scan value since last docking: 2,207,294,076 cr" that's calculated based on what I've *actually* scanned / mapped ?

If so, then that's perfect :)

Yes the estimated value is what you can expect from what you have done.
The green listing is just a hint for you to see what you need to go map into the current system you're in ;) And it's it's worth it considering what multiplier would be added and distance.

Top Bottom