Release EDSM - Elite Dangerous Star Map

I hope the following belongs here

In the bodies.json-file ca. 13.4 Million entries listed with the attribute <isMainStar:true > but the systemsWithCoordinates.json-file lists ca. 32.7 Million stars?

Is my assumption that previously many stars where not scanned and thus never showed up in the bodies-file correct?

Yes the estimated value is what you can expect from what you have done.
The green listing is just a hint for you to see what you need to go map into the current system you're in ;) And it's it's worth it considering what multiplier would be added and distance.

Excellent ...

Although useful, at the moment I'm not really bothered about the "possible" values
I'm almost 50% through an entire 'D' sub-sector scan looking for ELW, WW, AW bodies.

So far that's netted me an estimated 2.2BCr, so by the time I'm finished I should be on about 4.5BCr :D

I noticed that in the fleet page there is no image of an Anaconda with the Iridescent Twilight repaint - leaving a rather ugly "?" placeholder image.

Is there a submission method to cover this? I took a few screenshots tonight, maybe one of them could be useful / adapted? If not, perhaps directions of what is required?

HCRKUqS.jpg

ItFvfqV.jpg

n4Tl12P.jpg

nyff0jR.jpg

:)

Hi,

apologies if this is answered elsewhere but I searched for systemaddress in multiple places and couldn't find anything.

Is there a way to look up a systemaddress from a journal file (e.g. mission completed) and get the system name in return? It feels like there should be, but I can't find it anywhere.

The factioneffects object in systemaddress can reference systems that aren't the system named in the missioncompleted event, so I can't just use that.

Last edited:
Hello fellow Commanders,

Unfortunately I made a massive mistake with my PC EDSM account which I have had since Jan 17, 2016. I was trying to access my linked XBOX account and I inadvertently converted my PC account into a XBOX account.

Is there a way of converting it back into a PC account? I am loathed to having to delete and start again and then re-linking every other utility that had access to it.

Your help and assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

CMDR Chazwai o7

Hello again,

Does anyone know how to change my EDSM account back into a
PC account?

I made a mistake and changed it into a XBOX console account and is the a way of getting it back to PC?

Regards,

Cmdr Chazwai

Console Updater -> “Atherall Frontier Auth Service is not currently available...”

So I’ve had a EDSM account for just a little over a week and I play on XBOX. I have not yet once been able to retrieve data using the console updater tool and get a message in red every time stating Console Updater ->
“Atherall Frontier Auth Service is not currently available please try again later”

Could I get someone to help me with this?
V/R, SMEAC

Is the Codex-related data (NSPs and such in systems) available somewhere? I haven't found it, but I also didn't know about the GMP json before, so it could easily just be me.

Are there duplicates in the EDSM database or am i misunderstanding something?
For example the Shorodo system has two identical ammonia worlds in EDSM. One is named "Shorodo A 11" and the others name is "Shorodo A11" (missing space between A and 11).

Are there duplicates in the EDSM database or am i misunderstanding something?
For example the Shorodo system has two identical ammonia worlds in EDSM. One is named "Shorodo A 11" and the others name is "Shorodo A11" (missing space between A and 11).

Fixed, was some error from our initial import from EDDB :)

I'm an Xbox CMDR who EDSM seems to think is trapped at Explorer's Anchorage. I could use so help figuring out what is going on and how to fix it.

Yesterday I started my trek to DW2 waypoint 8 from Explorer's Anchorage making a total of 15 or so jumps before I got off. I ran the updater all day yesterday, but didn't bother paying much attention to it. I jumped back on this morning and made a couple jumps before realizing I forgot to turn the updater on, when I went to do so, clicking the link took me to my profile dashboard instead of the usual updater screen I was used to seeing, but even at that I noticed it still had me listed as in the XA system. I checked my flight log and none of the systems I traveled through yesterday or today are listed, just a duplicate entry for XA.

I tried clicking the link in the post that was listed a few posts ago ( https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ur-journeys!?p=7441962&viewfull=1#post7441962 ), but it hasn't helped.

Possibly related, Inara's API updater has also stopped pulling my current position for some reason. Neither site gives any sort of error feedback that I can see.

Last edited:
I'm an Xbox CMDR who EDSM seems to think is trapped at Explorer's Anchorage. I could use so help figuring out what is going on and how to fix it.

Yesterday I started my trek to DW2 waypoint 8 from Explorer's Anchorage making a total of 15 or so jumps before I got off. I ran the updater all day yesterday, but didn't bother paying much attention to it. I jumped back on this morning and made a couple jumps before realizing I forgot to turn the updater on, when I went to do so, clicking the link took me to my profile dashboard instead of the usual updater screen I was used to seeing, but even at that I noticed it still had me listed as in the XA system. I checked my flight log and none of the systems I traveled through yesterday or today are listed, just a duplicate entry for XA.

I tried clicking the link in the post that was listed a few posts ago ( https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/466743-You-can-now-link-your-PSN-account-to-EDSM-net-to-log-your-journeys!?p=7441962&viewfull=1#post7441962 ), but it hasn't helped.

Possibly related, Inara's API updater has also stopped pulling my current position for some reason. Neither site gives any sort of error feedback that I can see.

The new updater will try to import your last 30 days on the first runs until it get to the current date and work like before.
Give it a little time, and you can check the date the vent are being processed under the progress bar.

While we're on the subject, what's the procedure for dealing with renamed planets? "Athaip QP-E d12-9178 6" has been renamed to "Jasmine's Playground".

Mmm, is that where Halsey’s Real Caretakers of the Galaxy are to be found? Has the region been thoroughly searched for aliens? [where is it][alien]

Edit: my mistake, she’s Jemima not Jasmine!

Last edited:
I'm an Xbox CMDR who just heard the news about EDSM now being able to pull our console info so I made an account using all the proper methodology to do so. However, my Dashboard and Console Updater pages both throw 404 errors and it won't pull my console data to my account. Anyone have a possible solution?

The last change that was done has placed me in a terminal St. Patrick's Day (March 17th). I let the updater work it's magic for the last 30 days. Nothing after the 17th, even though I have travelled to WP8 on the DW2 Expedition and surrounding systems since then.

I logged in quickly and sat in the system for 5 minutes (after letting it update for 30 days) and nothing. Still March 17th. I tried resetting my token, relogging in... nothing.

Can the appropriate people take a look at this please? I'd love to continue using this! It's a great effort to have us Console people fully involved, I don't want to lose all my info at this point.

Gary

Top Bottom