Release EDSM - Elite Dangerous Star Map

I'm having an issue where a flight is recorded under my flight logs on EDSM, but its not being checked off on the DW2 expedition chart? Its been several weeks and nothings changed?

Its just odd that when I search my flight logs on EDSM its their, but its clearly not checked off on the expedition?

Paintjob Anaconda - Iridescent Scorch
Anaconda_Iridescent_Scorch.bmp BMP done with Graphic set to Ultra and FOV to max, if FOV is "Sichtweite" in the German client.

I would like to see my ship in the EDSM fleet overview and not only a yellowish one with a questionmark. It's a pity, that the ship looks complete green in the docking bay. The paintshop changes its colour, depending from where is the light, from green to golden-copper. Here is another screenshot from the very ship with light from behind.

I hope you can use the screenshot.

I started DW2 very late, but I just got to BP. When I look at EDSM it shows me as "Registered", not completed. I have a green check next to every waypoint except Pallaeni, but my logs say I was there on March 5th. I uploaded logs for that period again yesterday but the expedition page still doesn't show me as having visited. Anything else I need to do? Please don't say I have to get back to Pallaeni before Jun 13th :)

I started DW2 very late, but I just got to BP. When I look at EDSM it shows me as "Registered", not completed. I have a green check next to every waypoint except Pallaeni, but my logs say I was there on March 5th. I uploaded logs for that period again yesterday but the expedition page still doesn't show me as having visited. Anything else I need to do? Please don't say I have to get back to Pallaeni before Jun 13th :)

A big clean will be done at the end of the expedition, if you went to Pallaeni, I'll check, if you want if ticked, it should be your first waypoint visited.
In any way, it doesn't block any completion of the expedition.

Sorry to bother you but how can I request EDSM award me a missing badge? I found an undiscovered Wolf-Rayet star at Ruekaea AA-A H2 several days ago. The Galmap map confirms I am the first to discover the star. I synced my ED Discovery twice with EDSM and EDSM confirms I am the first to discover the star but the Wolf Hunter badge has not been applied to my badges. I would appreciate any help as it took a long, long time to find the star. Thank you.

Just checked the flight log for my second account & found a gap between 17 & 23 May when nothing has been reported, although I was flying every day. Probably because I had accidentally turned off reporting, but reenabled it the other day. How do I force the logs to catch up?

Manually upload the Journal files from the missing days to the site.
Thanks will try later.

Edit: upload successful, thanks!

Edit2: partially successful!
there seem to be some gaps in the timeline (wouldn’t have left ship unattended for an hour, would either have jumped or logged off for lunch). And strangely one of the stars is shown as black with a question mark...what does that imply? I scan all new systems I enter with fss so it should have picked up the main star, though I notice sometimes when I lock onto the star to check type and so I know where it is for scooping (I select it, fss honk to check system body orbit lines, then scoop, then head directly away from it until temperature back down to 40% before fss scanning the system bodies) that sometimes the hud just seems to circle endlessly saying “scanning”. Had that happen a few times on DW2. Am I hitting an ED bug?

Last edited:
I just received the 'Fortnightly Report' and there seems to be something wrong with the calculations done.

I have 1189 total jumps, 170 average and 168 best. Then I scanned 2290 stars, 327 average and 312 best.

If I add all my 'flight log entries' I get a total of 659. EDD says I scanned 3087 stars, I don't know which of them are counted so this might be due to a different filter.

But an average higher than my best day still doesn't work out.

Just wanted to say that this 'average higher than best' thing is still - well - a thing.

dy6jcP5.jpg

I'm having a minor issue with staying logged into EDSM. Until maybe two months ago there wasn't a problem staying logged in. If I left the web page and came back I was logged in. Now I can keep the page open and get logged out in a matter of 30 minutes. My web browser keeps my login info, so it's not a huge issue, but it's annoying. (Any computer, any browser).

One might call this a first world issue. But still annoying.

I'm having an issue with a badge not showing up. I completed Distant Worlds 2, but didn't join EDSM until after I reached Beagle Point. I pushed all my flight logs to the system over the next few days, and I have waited a few days for the 65,000ly club badge. I understand if I can't get the expedition badge since I got onto EDSM after the fact, (I wouldn't turn it away if it somehow came to me ;p). But I would like to get into the 65000ly club. I have received several other badges, but this one isn't showing up. Can someone assist with this? (It appears my flight log is correct, it does show the start and end point.)

ETA: This has been resolved! I opened a ticket at GitHub, and was answered in under 15 minutes (awesome). In case this happens to someone else, I had to go to my Dashboard for EDSM to register the information. Might be worth a try if you're having a similar issue. Thanks to the speedy EDSM team!

Last edited:
Does EDSM keep track of Geological, Biological and other signals that are identified when we scan a system? Is there any way for us to see this information?

I'm having a minor issue with staying logged into EDSM. Until maybe two months ago there wasn't a problem staying logged in. If I left the web page and came back I was logged in. Now I can keep the page open and get logged out in a matter of 30 minutes. My web browser keeps my login info, so it's not a huge issue, but it's annoying. (Any computer, any browser).

One might call this a first world issue. But still annoying.

Do you have any browser add-on running that rejects or deletes cookies?

Does EDSM keep track of Geological, Biological and other signals that are identified when we scan a system? Is there any way for us to see this information?

No. They aren't logged in the journal files.

No. They aren't logged in the journal files.

Damn! I guess that makes up my mind - I need to manually log these sites in the notes in ED:Discovery. That is a pain because switching to EDD from the scanner means switching out of the scanner. At least the minerals available are logged, though!

I just noticed that a bunch of events have been sent to the wrong Commander. Not sure why because I thought all my tools were Commander-aware, except for EDDI, which is set up not to send any data.

Flight-log entries are easy enough to delete, but what about other things (ships, money etc)? Ideally I'd like some way to say "reverse out all events between this date and this date". Possible?

Are you a Tyke Jorki? That would make two of us at least.

Aye mate! Doesn’t my signature make it clear? 😁
And my young clone (second account) is Tyko Rasalas, just to keep the family naming pukka! 😉

Edit: there are a few of us around. Though haven’t seen SpocksOddSock since early in DW2, and someone used to have the white rose emblem in their signature though haven’t seen that for a while either.

Last edited:
Hi CMDRs,

I wonder if you could help me out. I am playing on Xbox One and really want to help out with submitting distances as I am out near Beagle Point from DW2 and have nothing in particular apart from some sight seeing I need to do.

Is there a step by step guide that can tell me how to do this?

Thank you in advance for any information given!

Regards

CMDR x Harlon Nayl x

Top Bottom