Release EDSM - Elite Dangerous Star Map

And we all trust this software on PC? Forgive the paranoia, but a program that can upload a flight log can also upload sensitive documents, if it wanted to of course.

I'm considering it, but I'm a bit leery when it comes to adding random network-connected software to my computer.

If you're worried about uploading from your PC is it not possible to use the facility we XBOX and PS4 players use to download from the Frontier servers directly to EDSM? You'd just need to run the 'console updater' on your PC.

Every time I log out and then back in the box is checked and the green squares are back then I have to uncheck the box again, how do I get rid of them permanately?

Can anyone tell me how to get in touch with the developer?

I sent a PM to AnthorNet who is in charge of this thread, but I have not heard back from him.

I do not have any current friends in ED and I want to get rid of these friends markers. Unchecking the box does not work because it does not stay unchecked and the markers are back every time I sign back into EDSM.

Question: I have a route link that no longer works (https://www.edsm.net/en/galactic-routes/show/id/1461/name/The+Pilgrimage) - was this removed and if so would it be possible to get a copy from archive?

I'm the author, I must have deleted it a while ago. Here's the route:

PM/add me here or on EDSM if something's not clear.

Last edited:
I'm the author, I must have deleted it a while ago. Here's the route:

PM/add me here or on EDSM if something's not clear.

Thanks!!

Are you going to do the Pilgrimage? Perhaps with a group? In any case, I wouldn't mind some company.
I am planning on doing it but not until later next year. I’ve signed up for the Pegasus Run expedition so will be on that until probably mid-next year. Given the nature of the Pilgrimage, however, it’s entirely possible we’ll cross paths. How far along are you?

Long time EDSM user, here. Just an observation: the "Axial tilt" parameters on all planets are incorrect. It appears that, for whatever reason, the axial tilt statistic imported from the journal files is given in radians, not degrees - the game must be doing on-the-fly calculations to give us the on-screen statistic in degrees. It's why all the axial tilts always appear to be really small numbers (always less than 3, usually less than 1) when such small axial tilts are actually quite rare. So all axial tilt numbers are going to need to be multiplied by 360/pi to be converted to degrees.

If you wish to clear you save or delete your account, here is the place...
The action takes place in the background, mostly at nights, and you will receive an email when it is performed.

The save from Frontier servers will be deleted or EDSM servers only?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I am having trouble registering my commander name with EDSM. When I try to register, it tells me "That commander name is not available". I assume that someone else has already registered with EDSM using "my" commander name, but if so, how can I create an EDSM account linking to my commander?

Hi, I recently registered on and started using EDSM. All is well with the site apart from an issue I have come across in the last couple of days. I have been visiting the Points Of Interest as listed on the website however upon checking the Visitors lists for those I have been to I've noticed my name appears on some but not all. Hoping someone can shed some light on why this should be so.
Thanks in advance

New bug or a result of the last update:
Did somebody also notice that the shown scan values at edsm are far beyond the real values.
Until last week the values are near the real scan value, but something has changed.

E.g. waterworld shown with 300k credits, but correct value ist about 1.5 m

New bug or a result of the last update:
Did somebody also notice that the shown scan values at edsm are far beyond the real values.
Until last week the values are near the real scan value, but something has changed.

E.g. waterworld shown with 300k credits, but correct value ist about 1.5 m

Thanks for your reply regarding POI's. Yes I've noticed exactly the same thing. My last lot of data was estimated at 12m on EDSM however I received almost that for the 1st page I sold. If memory serves correct actual total was close to 60m

Top Bottom