Release EDSM - Elite Dangerous Star Map

Deleted member 166264

D
PS4 user here with a quick question and a suggestion for the EDSM site.

When I first found out about EDMS it was earlier this year when it was finally linked to the consoles. Back then it was tracking my position in real time (minus the minute lag the site took to update of course). Then in mid-March it completely stopped working for me, right in the middle of a personal expedition I was undertaking. I eventually made it to Sag A and Colonia, but the site seemed to keep my location in the Norma Expanse. Upon getting back to the Bubble the site started updating my location, but never caught up to where I was. Around May I got burnt out on the game and removed it from my PS4 and deleted my EDMS account.

This September I reinstalled the game and resumed playing. I also recreated an EDSM account. However it still seems like it wasn't tracking my location as accurately as it did when I first started using it, so I haven't really tried using it. Recently though I decided to give it one more try and Googled the problem. From what I could tell there was a some kind of a site update back in March, and if I just leave the console updater running it will eventually catch up. That seems accurate since for the past two hours I've been doing just that and I've been watching my credits in EDMS slowly get closer to the amount I know I have in-game.

So my question is once EDSM catches up to where I am in the game will it track my position in near-real time like it did before, or will I have to let the console updater run a little longer once I leave the game?

Now my suggestion for EDSM. How about adding a "Click All" button for deleting our flight logs? This way instead of having to click on each and every single system on the page as you scroll all the way down to the bottom you can just click that button and it automatically checks all of the systems on the page. We could then uncheck the ones we don't want to erase just yet before we hit delete.

PS4 user here with a quick question and a suggestion for the EDSM site.

When I first found out about EDMS it was earlier this year when it was finally linked to the consoles. Back then it was tracking my position in real time (minus the minute lag the site took to update of course). Then in mid-March it completely stopped working for me, right in the middle of a personal expedition I was undertaking. I eventually made it to Sag A and Colonia, but the site seemed to keep my location in the Norma Expanse. Upon getting back to the Bubble the site started updating my location, but never caught up to where I was. Around May I got burnt out on the game and removed it from my PS4 and deleted my EDMS account.

This September I reinstalled the game and resumed playing. I also recreated an EDSM account. However it still seems like it wasn't tracking my location as accurately as it did when I first started using it, so I haven't really tried using it. Recently though I decided to give it one more try and Googled the problem. From what I could tell there was a some kind of a site update back in March, and if I just leave the console updater running it will eventually catch up. That seems accurate since for the past two hours I've been doing just that and I've been watching my credits in EDMS slowly get closer to the amount I know I have in-game.

So my question is once EDSM catches up to where I am in the game will it track my position in near-real time like it did before, or will I have to let the console updater run a little longer once I leave the game?

Now my suggestion for EDSM. How about adding a "Click All" button for deleting our flight logs? This way instead of having to click on each and every single system on the page as you scroll all the way down to the bottom you can just click that button and it automatically checks all of the systems on the page. We could then uncheck the ones we don't want to erase just yet before we hit delete.

This is correct, the console updater will try to catch near to a month of history before going back to almost real time.

In settings next to where you can delete your account, you can clean it.

I Send a mail recently (like three days ago), to contact/at/edsm.net cause i have troubles to register my account with the same cmdr name that my account on ed has, but not have response, someone still working on that or its only scripts and bots ?

Dont believe so. RA+DEC only gives you a direction. You can convert those into ED galactic coordinates (there’s a converter online somewhere) if you put a distance estimate in to give a start point, then use EDSM search to give you systems within a cube/sphere from that point.

Last edited:
Does EDSM plan to add a field to landable planets where one could add whether the planet has Biological or alien PoIs- maybe only give it free once validated by 5 old accounts?
maybe people have to post a screenshot or something?

MAIN STAR NOT REGISTERING IN EDSM
I‘m currently passing through a region of space where every system is ‘undiscovered’, I honk scan the system and edsm is not registering the main star or any of the nearby planets. For instance, I drop into a system, honk, I’m told there are 2 objects in the system (both stars say), I’m told the system is fully scanned by elite but the percent scanned bar in edsm reads 0.00% still. It used to shoot across to 100% upon refresh in these instances.
Any one else getting this?

MAIN STAR NOT REGISTERING IN EDSM
I‘m currently passing through a region of space where every system is ‘undiscovered’, I honk scan the system and edsm is not registering the main star or any of the nearby planets. For instance, I drop into a system, honk, I’m told there are 2 objects in the system (both stars say), I’m told the system is fully scanned by elite but the percent scanned bar in edsm reads 0.00% still. It used to shoot across to 100% upon refresh in these instances.
Any one else getting this?

In your public profile settings in EDSM, do you have "Delay scanned celestial bodies until docked?" enabled?

Does this occur with all systems, or just a few?

If it's just a few, and you're using EDDI, EDLogAgent, or EDDiscovery, then for reasons unknown the scans will sometimes be sent to EDDN out of order before the FSDJump, which it appears causes issues with EDSM not properly attributing those bodies to their discoverer.

Hi, is there any way of getting the alias of a system (what shows up in brackets on EDSM) with the api?
Eg. "Luna's Shadow" for Smootoae QY-S d3-202.

Getting This commander name (Cyris) is not available when trying to change the name I used for EDSM registration (Cyris Blackmoon) to my actual ingame alias (Cyris) to make Log imports work. Whats wrong there?

Cheers, Cy

Hi, I just decided to join EDSM and I'm wondering about a couple of the badges which I haven't been awarded:- "Best friend forever!" and "Work best as a team!"

How do these get awarded as I already have more than 10 friends and have uploaded (yesterday) all of my Journals/Logs via EDDiscovery? Do they eventually get awarded and I just have to wait or will they only get triggered from making new friends?

All of my other badges seem to have been awarded correctly.

Thanks. o7

Last edited:
Hi, I just decided to join EDSM and I'm wondering about a couple of the badges which I haven't been awarded:- "Best friend forever!" and "Word best as a team!"

How do these get awarded as I already have more than 10 friends and have uploaded (yesterday) all of my Journals/Logs via EDDiscovery? Do they eventually get awarded and I just have to wait or will they only get triggered from making new friends?

All of my other badges seem to have been awarded correctly.

Thanks. o7

I’m on PC and have received some EDSM badges several months after the event!!

A small query . How far back would EDSM go back ? I'm an Xbox peasant and been playing for about 3 years , I had a trip out to Beagle about 2 1/2 years ago (but i have no historic trips via fdev and no response from them with ref to the ticket ) and was wondering if EDSM would be able to take data that far back ? Thanks in advance

A small query . How far back would EDSM go back ? I'm an Xbox peasant and been playing for about 3 years , I had a trip out to Beagle about 2 1/2 years ago (but i have no historic trips via fdev and no response from them with ref to the ticket ) and was wondering if EDSM would be able to take data that far back ? Thanks in advance
28days /a month, same for BOTH console systems as thats all Fdev keep online for the CAPI to access it wil not go back in time more than that...

Top Bottom