Release EDSM - Elite Dangerous Star Map

Hi!

My squadron and i (PS4 only) went on an excursion into an undiscovered area and since we went there using a fleet carrier it seems to me, that the updater does not recognize any of the systems being visitied, scanned, mapped, parked, whatever, after the first fc-jump. The current location simply does not change anymore. Neither login out and in again while not landed on the fc, nor landing on the surface and switching on/off the ps4 or the Console updater seems to solve anything.
The credit balance gets updated, after handing in exploration data on the FC, so the basic connection between my ps4 account, and the edsm connection to my frontier account is working.

I didn't find a similar issue on the edsm github (but that might be a user triggered lack of searching virtuosity).

There is an indication that possibly the whole area in the GalMap is not transmitted correctly to EDSM, because there are numerous systems in this area, which are simply not existing in EDSM, but already discovered in Elite.
And even after syncing my account while I was in this system, these systems still do not appear in EDSM.

Possible explanation: these systems can only be reached with an FC, therefore nobody has been able to register these systems in EDSM

Hi!

My squadron and i (PS4 only) went on an excursion into an undiscovered area and since we went there using a fleet carrier it seems to me, that the updater does not recognize any of the systems being visitied, scanned, mapped, parked, whatever, after the first fc-jump. The current location simply does not change anymore. Neither login out and in again while not landed on the fc, nor landing on the surface and switching on/off the ps4 or the Console updater seems to solve anything.
The credit balance gets updated, after handing in exploration data on the FC, so the basic connection between my ps4 account, and the edsm connection to my frontier account is working.

I didn't find a similar issue on the edsm github (but that might be a user triggered lack of searching virtuosity).

There is an indication that possibly the whole area in the GalMap is not transmitted correctly to EDSM, because there are numerous systems in this area, which are simply not existing in EDSM, but already discovered in Elite.
And even after syncing my account while I was in this system, these systems still do not appear in EDSM.

Possible explanation: these systems can only be reached with an FC, therefore nobody has been able to register these systems in EDSM

I was just about to post exactly the same thing. I have been exploring HIP stars at the top of the galaxy. Those systems visited by first jumping in with the FC are not being recorded on EDSM. I think normally EDdisccovery would look for an entry like this...

"event":"FSDJump", "StarSystem":"HD 129921", "SystemAddress":10209380723, "StarPos":[-1281.87500,2154.00000,108.96875]

but when entering a system on a FC this entry does not exist(?).
So EDDiscovery may have a problem identifying when a Commander is actually on a fleet carrier rather than a ship, when it jumps into a system.

edit: this raises an interesting question.
There may be multiple commanders on the FC, but not even the owner, so who gets the first visited by tag?

Last edited:
I was just about to post exactly the same thing. I have been exploring HIP stars at the top of the galaxy. Those systems visited by first jumping in with the FC are not being recorded on EDSM. I think normally EDdisccovery would look for an entry like this...

"event":"FSDJump", "StarSystem":"HD 129921", "SystemAddress":10209380723, "StarPos":[-1281.87500,2154.00000,108.96875]

So EDDiscovery may have a problem identifying when a Commander is actually on a fleet carrier rather than a ship, when it jumps into a system.

edit: this raises an interesting question.
There may be multiple commanders on the FC, but not even the owner, so who gets the first visited by tag?

The first to discover a body in the system (usually main star will get discovery scanned automatically anyway).

Last edited:

This is not an EDdiscovery problem.

I have uploaded my journals to EDSM directly. Those events where my cmdr jumps into system onboard a FC have no discernible effect on EDSM.

I believe this is bug number 361 on the EDSM github site.

Not sure where to flag this up but in the starter area the system Matet has only 4 bodies but EDSM shows 5. The original named star Wo 9732 is still listed as well as under its new name Matet. Could this be corrected to save confusing any newcomers that use (or find) EDSM? Thanks.

Interestingly and probably related, if you look at the bodies page of EDDB's Matet entry - the only thing listed IS Wo 9732 (no sign of the three planets in the system nor the renamed star).

If there is somewhere I should be addressing this to, please do let me know. Cheers

Last edited:
if the fc-owner is in a wing, than any wingmember gets his/her name tagged in the system map. only the FC-owner gets the first discovered bonus, I presume.

The way it works ingame AFAIK is it's first to honk/auto honk (usually carriers land in close proximity to main star) gets the tag.

Of course if the first honker is winged everyone in the wing gets the tag too.

If the carrier owner is not in the system they miss out as it's your ship that discovers bodies and stores data not your carrier.

I have 23 ships in my inventory, but EDSM still has the 'Ship Hoarder' badge as unachieved. I know it doesn't matter, but still...

Hi!

As far as I'm aware, EDSM Console Updater is a bit patchy when it comes to registering system changes, compared to EDMC, EDiscovery, etc.. It doesn't handle the CarrierJump event, and I've also noticed that in certain scenarios it won't register anything until you jump out of a system and back into it. Probably explains the behaviour you're seeing.

I'm not sure if the developers are planning to update the Console Updater tool any time soon in order to handle Fleet Carriers and System events more robustly, as the PC tools currently do.

I have 23 ships in my inventory, but EDSM still has the 'Ship Hoarder' badge as unachieved. I know it doesn't matter, but still...
Do you have 23 ships on your EDSM fleet page (from the profile menu click My Fleet)? If ships are missing, try switching to them and submitting the resulting journal to EDSM (either using the Console updater if you're on console, or either uploading the journal file using the journal uploader or using a program like EDDiscovery, EDMC, EDDI or EDLogAgent to send it to EDSM)

EDSM console updater was recently updated so dont expect any more changes soon, the Updater has been pushed to a 5 min update timer now no longer 2 mins...

Do you have 23 ships on your EDSM fleet page (from the profile menu click My Fleet)? If ships are missing, try switching to them and submitting the resulting journal to EDSM (either using the Console updater if you're on console, or either uploading the journal file using the journal uploader or using a program like EDDiscovery, EDMC, EDDI or EDLogAgent to send it to EDSM)

All 23 ships are listed. But it hasn't triggered the badge. I always use EDMC.

I think that is another game's bug. System is not marked as visited in game too, until you jump out & back. However, not always possible, have been on 3 such isolated stars -> not marked in game, no record on EDSM I was there, despite uploaded many planets.

I think EDSM needs some workaround for that, as all info is in log except initial signal "entering system".

I have a question regarding the console updater. I am on xbox and had not logged into EDSM for a few weeks/month. When I logged back in I had to reauthorize my Frontier Auth Service which is normal and easy to do. After reauthorizing, my console updater began to backtrack and sync all that it could. I have done this many times before so I am aware that it can take hours and hours for things to be caught up to the current date. Everything synced fine for the first few hours and then got stuck on Aug 5th 18:34 UTC. I left the console updater running for 6hrs on Saturday, 4hrs on Sunday and a full 8hrs on Monday. I wait the 5min for the updater to fetch it's next batch of info and it just keeps loading Aug 5th at 18:34 UTC before restarting the 5min waiting period. Is there anything I am doing wrong or is there anything I can to do to remedy the situation. I have already logged out and into EDSM multiple times, cleared web browser cookies and cache multiple times and I've even refreshed my Frontier Auth token in the settings section on the EDSM site. I appreciate any help I can get cmdrs o7

I have a question regarding the console updater. I am on xbox and had not logged into EDSM for a few weeks/month. When I logged back in I had to reauthorize my Frontier Auth Service which is normal and easy to do. After reauthorizing, my console updater began to backtrack and sync all that it could. I have done this many times before so I am aware that it can take hours and hours for things to be caught up to the current date. Everything synced fine for the first few hours and then got stuck on Aug 5th 18:34 UTC. I left the console updater running for 6hrs on Saturday, 4hrs on Sunday and a full 8hrs on Monday. I wait the 5min for the updater to fetch it's next batch of info and it just keeps loading Aug 5th at 18:34 UTC before restarting the 5min waiting period. Is there anything I am doing wrong or is there anything I can to do to remedy the situation. I have already logged out and into EDSM multiple times, cleared web browser cookies and cache multiple times and I've even refreshed my Frontier Auth token in the settings section on the EDSM site. I appreciate any help I can get cmdrs o7
You might have to unlink your account go to settings and its there then go back to console updater and try it will ask to to link back to your account . i have to do this once or twice when mine wouldnt update past a certain date .

You might have to unlink your account go to settings and its there then go back to console updater and try it will ask to to link back to your account . i have to do this once or twice when mine wouldnt update past a certain date .
Thank you for the advice, I have now tried to unlink my acct 3 times with no success, my console updater is still stuck on Aug 5th 18:34 UTC. I will continue to follow your advice and be sure to unlink my account every so often.

Last edited:
Top Bottom