Release EDSM - Elite Dangerous Star Map

Is it possible to monitor my exploration data accumulated while out exploring without having to dock and visit the cartographic office to see the total?

The EDSM dashboard shows estimated scan value since last docking.

Also:

EDDiscovery has a statistics panel - part of which "travel" includes your scan data (value) per 24hrs, month, week, since last dock or all time and a "scan" tab which shows how many of what you have scanned.

I think the scan values shown are approximately correct, maybe someone can confirm.

edd stats.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

I have a lot of exploring done before I used EDSM. Since I still have all my journal files, is there a program that sends the old exploration data to EDSM?

Thanks for your answer.
Nid

Is EDSM every going to allow the same commander name on more than one platform? Because Elite Dangerous does ;)

Had an account tied to my xbox removed that account and now I am unable to create a one for the PC as they both use the same commander name and all I get is:
That commander name is not available
when trying to register an account again.

I am perplexed because I was given to understand that CMDR names are unique across the game. If not, I don't see how "first discovered by" tags etc can work.

I am perplexed because I was given to understand that CMDR names are unique across the game. If not, I don't see how "first discovered by" tags etc can work.

They are, I think we need more information, once a CMDR name is changed by a CMDR that old name can never be re-used, it's permanently out of use. It may be something as simple as a special character or capital being different in the respective names.

That was my understanding with the proviso that a "Delete Save" also deletes all that CMDR's tags in the galaxy map.
CMDRs cannot change their own names: they have to ask support for that, and support will help if it's a typo when getting started or similar, but won't let you change names willy-nilly.

That was my understanding with the proviso that a "Delete Save" also deletes all that CMDR's tags in the galaxy map.
CMDRs cannot change their own names: they have to ask support for that, and support will help if it's a typo when getting started or similar, but won't let you change names willy-nilly.

The delete save does not delete CMDRS tags on systems, they remain forever, go ahead and test, delete your save and check one of your old discovered systems.

Well my commander name on Xbox is UseLessUK and my commander name on PC is UseLessUK however they both use different email addresses so I therefore have 2 frontier accounts one for each platform.

They are, I think we need more information, once a CMDR name is changed by a CMDR that old name can never be re-used, it's permanently out of use. It may be something as simple as a special character or capital being different in the respective names.

I never changed my name. I started playing on the Xbox in 2016, for 10 minutes, using my Xbox GT which has not changed since it was created I then resumed playing in 2017 and then got the game on the PC, via Steam where my Steam name is the same as my Xbox GT, so I have the same commander name on both accounts but different email addresses obviously and thus have 2 frontier accounts. And the game or frontier never complained about the same commander name on two platforms, the only time this became an issue was when I wanted to switch the EDSM account to work with the PC account instead of the Xbox one ... that's when the trouble started and now I cannot create an account as I keep being informed the commander name is not available.

Hi i`m playing on xbox, and i can`t seem to connect my EDSM account, the Frontier and the xbox one

My Xbox account and the Frontier one are connected, and so are the EDSM and Frontier accounts, but when i tried to use the console updater, it told me to unlink my frontier account and try again, this time logging in through the Xbox Live. i tried that, but it boots me out of my account. when i go back and log in using the frontier auth xbox option, it seems to log me into my account, but trying to enter the dashboard boots me out again.

i know it`s something i`m doing wrong, i`m just not sure of what, i tried unlinking all of them and them linking it again, i even deleted my EDSM account and re-created it, but nothing solved it.

Top Bottom