Release EDSM - Elite Dangerous Star Map

Probably been asked a few times, but here goes.

I have a folder that contains all my old netlog files from when I started ED.
From my EDSM account my first flight logs only start from 20/08/2015, so Iv no record from 23/12/2014 to 19/04/2015.
I had tried a few times to import these files when the program let you do so. These files never got imported (probably the old 2.1 files) however that option now no longer appears on the program.

Is it possible now to import these files in some way to be included in my flight log record? & if so how?

BTW, I do import my journal files manually to EDSM on a regular basis. I had used EDDiscovery in the past but it carried soo much data that it literally took hours to sync the systems when I started the program & slowed my laptop down, so I stopped running it.

Sorry for perhaps stupid questions and/or not searching more for answers, but trying here anyway.

How to work with EDSM and "bookmarks" or similar?

In the game itself I stared bookmarking all "interesting" systems, including all systems with water worlds, water/ammonia-based life gas giants, earth-likes etc. Soon ran to the issue of the game's maximum of 100 bookmarks or so being filled. I also used bookmarks to show the route I've traveled in the galactic map.

Then I found EDSM and E:D Market Connector to work with it. That works, and I've flown for months so, that when I encounter an "interesting" world, I add a comment to it in the EDSM web interface. Looking at my flight log timeline I can see the systems with a comment on them with a green indicator.

But I'm wondering, if I later want to find a specific world, can I search / filter the logbook by comment text, or with some other means find something? Like if I wrote a special comment, say "very cool scenery", and later wanted to find just those, can I do it? And if so, how? For now I only see that I can scroll through the list, pick out the ones with the green dot and then open each one by one to see what the comment says. Not very practical when there are probably hundreds of them...

Or am I completely off on how the tools should/could be used for bookmarking locations?

(BTW, the other feature I use EDSM for is the travel map showing my line of travel, and that works fine! And yeah, badges are nice too :) ).

I use EDDiscovery to pass my travel info to EDSM. It’s very useful utility, has loads of additional capability, and you can search on your travel history for any such phrases. Check it out.

Please off IP login tracking or add option in user settings for able to off it.

My ISP change my IP every day and EDSM authorisation disappear!!! This compel me to login every day.

Is a suck.. :sick::mad::poop:

For Steam users is a not login process - is a bloody hell.

Deleted member 166264

D
I don't know if this was suggested yet, but fleet carries should be under their own tab when looking at a system, and not grouped with the stations.

Is the EDSM Codex Search broken? If not I could use some help figuring out how to set the fields to return ANY results. I am trying to use this advanced search to get a list of systems with Seed Pods of varying types in them. However, even when I use a reference system that I know has Collared Pods I still get 0 results. Perhaps I'm missing something right in front of me? Any help is appreciated.

-Q

The EDSM website seems to be under maintenance. Does anyone know when it is due to be up and running again?

There was an announcement on the EDSM discord yesterday:
We will conduct some maintenance starting today and shut down our current server. Some services will take some weeks to be up to date to new versions that hopefully will help improve some things. No ETA on migration time

There was an announcement on the EDSM discord yesterday:
We will conduct some maintenance starting today and shut down our current server. Some services will take some weeks to be up to date to new versions that hopefully will help improve some things. No ETA on migration time
Ouch... I appreciate this being "not-paid-work" and am grateful etc., but "some weeks" is long... I'm currently on a long exploration travel and would want to log all my entries (to keep the travel map and make flight log entries etc.), and without EDSM access am practically locked out of the game for all that time :(.
Or do you think/know if the data can still be entered via ED Market Connector or EDDiscovery during the maintenance? Or retroactively afterwards?

Ouch... I appreciate this being "not-paid-work" and am grateful etc., but "some weeks" is long... I'm currently on a long exploration travel and would want to log all my entries (to keep the travel map and make flight log entries etc.), and without EDSM access am practically locked out of the game for all that time :(.
Or do you think/know if the data can still be entered via ED Market Connector or EDDiscovery during the maintenance? Or retroactively afterwards?
wont work
There servers are off nobody is putting or pulling data on the site...
Miners tool that pulled data from EDSM is also blocked and had to use Cache data to bypass the downtime...
EDDN is independant so market data is still being pushed but EDSM only tools data are not being updated...
We Users wont know if back dated journals will import after it comes back...

wont work
There servers are off nobody is putting or pulling data on the site...
Miners tool that pulled data from EDSM is also blocked and had to use Cache data to bypass the downtime...
EDDN is independant so market data is still being pushed but EDSM only tools data are not being updated...
We Users wont know if back dated journals will import after it comes back...
That's as I was afraid of... well guess there's not much to do but hope it comes back sooner rather than later. Thanks for the reply!

Well, I used to (before the maintenance) import my data by uploading the automatically generated journal files "manually" into EDSM. So, yes, there is a way to import your data after the maintenance.

P.S. They are in: C:\users\<Your_User>\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\

Top Bottom