Release EDSM - Elite Dangerous Star Map

I just registered for EDSM and uploaded all my captain's logs going back to 2016 but there is one unfortunate problem: my CMDR name was recently changed so it won't allow anything before a couple of months ago.

Is there a possibility to have a second name linked to my account or another way around it?

Open the directory where your journals are stored with an editor that is able to perform "find and replace" across multiple files (e.g. VisualStudio Code).
Search for
Code:
"event":"LoadGame", "Commander":"youroldname"
and replace it with
Code:
"event":"LoadGame", "Commander":"yournewname"
Then upload all journals again.

Screenshot 2021-04-29 164725.JPG

I'm curious to know if anyone knows what these are
euzAdoO.png

I've seen them a few times exploring the cosmos. I looked at the codex on EDSM and haven't found anything matching

They appear. Slowly move. Then fade. I've noticed they tend to stick around nebula. They kinda look like a comet tail

I play in solo and I was near the southern edge of the galaxy when I took this picture, there was nothing out there. I don't think an NPC would travel that far out. I'll take your word for it, but maybe human players aren't as non-existent in solo as told

Contrail from your own ship. But lets move this to another thread, this is dealing with something different than what we are talking about.

Gary

Hello,

is the Elite Dangerous Account deleted at EDSM, when choosed, or just the EDSM account?

Thx

Last edited:
Hi
I'm on PS4, could someone tell this confused Cmdr how to link my account to edsm. I've tried through login, frontier account, ps account. All let me login but I can't get my data to sync? Obv. I'm doing something stupid.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi
I'm on PS4, could someone tell this confused Cmdr how to link my account to edsm. I've tried through login, frontier account, ps account. All let me login but I can't get my data to sync? Obv. I'm doing something stupid.

Thanks
You have to open the dashboard to start the syncing process and leave it open until it's finished.

Hello,

is the Elite Dangerous Account deleted at EDSM, when choosed, or just the EDSM account?

Thx
EDSM is in no way linked to Frontier.

Where should I go to submit major differences between an EDSM entry and the actual system?
Totally incorrect planets, etc.
You might be best contacting Anthor on the EDSM Discord with the system details . The url is shown (if I remember correctly) at the foot of the EDSM page.

Edit: though I guess you could PM him from here.

Last edited:
As I understand, the path traveled in hyperspace in Odyssey doesn't stack with the total traveled distance on EDSM? Cuz I flew about 2000 light years yesterday: these jumps are in the flight log, jump counter in the dashboard also changed but total hyperspace distance didn't.
Don't know if it matters, but I'm using EDDI for sending logs to EDSM

Is there a reason why the Codex discovery list for my commander under EDSM is so out of date compared to my codex in game: In terms of stellar phenomena discovered etc.
For example - the EDSM Codex states that I have no discovered/confirmed any D type stars of any type - yet the in game codex has me as having confirmed at least 4 - and the same inconsistency exists across the rest of the EDSM codex.

Selling my maps to my own fleet carrier won't update the amount of money "since last docking" - even though I have no maps at all on me anymore, the amount visible on EDSM remains unchanged, even adds new amounts as I discover new bodies.

Does it only take into account any other stations, settlements or other fleet carriers, but not my own?

I am on Playstation, Horizons.

Help linking PC account! My Frontier account is linked to BOTH my Xbox account and my PC (Steam) accounts. When I log into EDSM via the Steam link, it's only showing my Xbox commander account. Can I have two EDSM accounts, each linked to the same Frontier Customer ID?

Cmdrs a little guidance please. I'm trying to put images into my logbook entries, but can't get it to work. I just get the box and ?. I have tried hyperlinks from my inara gallery and created a flickr gallery, but I'm clearly doing something wrong.

suggestions please

Top Bottom