EDSM for xbox not updating

i noticed a similar issue. EDSM will update but it is at least a week behind. it is still showing me as being in Cubeo and I left there at least six or seven days ago.

Open the security page for your acccount and insure the Link token is valid...
when it goes invalid as frontier change it the site will disable updates...

Security URL
on that page you need
this URL...
which is a big red button.... called unlink which is delete...
Disable PC sleep modes and Power save so web browser is not disabled by PC power management...

did the above and no change.
Open the security page for your acccount and insure the Link token is valid...
when it goes invalid as frontier change it the site will disable updates...

Security URL
on that page you need
this URL...
which is a big red button.... called unlink which is delete...
Disable PC sleep modes and Power save so web browser is not disabled by PC power management...

@GraphiteGB .... didn't work....
The only Stat it changed was current location....which is incorrect
Now...after a jump to another system, I reset again, and it has reverted back to original system...which is also incorrect
It's Bonkers!!!!

Last edited:
Sorry, CMDR's, not sure what the issue is on your end. I haven't booted it up in about a week...fired it up tonight as I was toddling around and it updated the last week's worth of journals up to and including my present system.

I will say this...sometimes it does "stall out," for lack of a better word...but I do find that it will eventually hook back up and start syncing.

I had the same issue as you guys since the dashboard screen changed for EDSM.

If you haven't been on for a while you have to leave it for quite a long time to upload your logs from all prior days activities. It now seems to store much more CMDR information. I logged onto my dashboard and left it for half an hour probably before it caught up with my current location and logs.

Once that had completed it now updates info as per before pretty much, but a bit slower due to extra data being sent.
Hope that all makes sense.

console updater need to wait refreshing time, it will fetching last journal data, usually take more time than before. give it more time your ship and location will be correct.

I had the same issue as you guys since the dashboard screen changed for EDSM.

If you haven't been on for a while you have to leave it for quite a long time to upload your logs from all prior days activities. It now seems to store much more CMDR information. I logged onto my dashboard and left it for half an hour probably before it caught up with my current location and logs.

Once that had completed it now updates info as per before pretty much, but a bit slower due to extra data being sent.
Hope that all makes sense.
Yep Its slower because it loads player journals that Fdev creates for all of your play time...
Its not loading just the current journal its loading every one since the last time it runs yep that many those who constantly jump will end up with it never catching up ...
When security page flags that your token is out of date it blocks the loading as theres no thing to load as the ID token does not match..
This is why you have to unlink, then sign in using that big Xbox icon to sign back in again...
(Using the EDSM login details just spits out the security flag error again gotta use the console account login or is just blocks the data transfer...)

XBox One Here - I've been having this same issue - location hasn't been updated since April 4th. I've also been worried about the tracking for DW2 - but since reading how it does seem to catch up eventually, I'm hoping it will back-fill my missing entries.

I suppose I'll just leave the updater running for a while and see if it picks up.

Edit: I did notice that just as the updater finishes the countdown and makes it's API call it returns a message for a split second "The frontier auth service is currently not available"

Last edited:
Top Bottom