EGX Reveals

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Hi Coaster friends,

Hope you all enjoyed some little sneak peeks at the EGX 2016 Panel. Jonny Watts, Andy Fletcher, and John Laws checked in to talk about the latest developments and to show you some cool new things we have coming up.

In short:
- Sci-fi theme coming soon!
- Transport rides, with a beautiful video of the Connie Express.
- Coaster crashes during Test mode:

[video=youtube;h-ODtILmVOY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-ODtILmVOY[/video]

You can rewatch the stream on the official EGX channel.

Have a nice weekend!
[heart] Bo

Thanks soooo much for sharing!
The videos are just amazing!!!!!! I love the Connie Express so much, can't wait to use it!
AND THE SCI-FI THEME - WOW, so great [up][up][up][up][up][up][up] I just wished it would be November, so I can start using those pieces already!

The Coaster Crash Video is soooo much fun!!![haha][up][haha][up][haha]
Especially the faces of the guests - so cool!

Last edited:
The Coaster Crash Video is soooo much fun!!![haha][up][haha][up][haha]
Especially the faces of the guests - so cool!

To be honest, i dont really NEED the crashes, but the way, theyve implemented it, is absolutely fitting the overall feel of PC and the animations and expressions of the guests are absolutely genious. Im in love forever with the animation and artstyle work that frontier has done in this game.

Im glad, that they put the crashes in with a good amount of humor that fits the game really well. I love how they get all those little details in there. That gives a really good feeling to the game. [squeeeeee]

The crash is so incredibly unreal and so funny... it fits the PC feel so well and it makes me laugh. I don't want to see my peeps hurt, so I'm pleased. [up]

I didn't have the chance to see the EGX stream, so I hope we'll learn something about management aspect. I'm getting bored to never heard about news about this. There's other thing than visual and buildings. It's beautiful and it makes good marketing, but please, don't forget about us... the manager. I want to manage a real park, not just build a beautiful one. I try to keep hope for the best...

Last edited:
But, also, I'm getting bored to never heard anything about management aspect. There's other thing than visual and buildings. It's beautiful and it makes good marketing, but please, don't forget about us... the manager. I want to manage a real park, not just build a beautiful one.
Then you should be happy now [happy]
Since they talked about management during half of the stream.

So if coaster crashes during test mode then how are you supposed to run a train while your building your track to test it without it crashing? Do you have to build the whole track before you can test it?

Then you should be happy now [happy]
Since they talked about management during half of the stream.

Yeah it's great to hear about this... [happy]

It's not to criticize all, but they just don't seem to bring many new ideas about administrative side if I compare with previous iteration (examples: stocks management, admin buildings, staff system, garbage disposal, zoning area, etc.). It just seems that this will be pretty much the same as before, with an added impact of scenery and buildings on the guests happiness.

I still find the game ambiance incredible, the visual stunning and I really like the workshop. I just hope to see new ways and more interesting management side in the game. If it just the same as before, I'll be sad to see a copy/paste of previous ideas when in comparison, they make so great new additions for the buildings, add an incredible sharing system, make audio awesome, etc.

Completely out of topic, I still have the mouth open after seeing the Connie Express video. Wow, it looks so beautiful!

Last edited:
Another (bad) confirmation we got is that entertainers and staff are not going to have the option of the player creating specific areas for them.
They said, they were going to be smart enough that they dont need it.

And ok answer for staff like janitors and mechanics.

But for entertainers? Im sorry but it doesnt fly. Just an example:
How is the entertainer going to be smart enough to know the difference between MY neoclassical area, and the fantasy part I made using pirate scenery stuff mixed with it?
If I make a pirate area, I want Pirate King to stay there, if I make a fantasy area, I want Princess Amelie to stay there. Its impossible for the game to know where the areas start and end, and even less when EVERYONE uses scenery from other themes to create they own or expand the ones Frontier made.

In the entertainers case is not a gameplay aspect, its a visual one.

Walt Disney didn't like the time he saw a cowboy going through Toworrowland, Im the same and im sure most of the community thinks in a similar way.

This video looks fantastic! Does anyone have a direct link the EGX stream? I can't seem to find it myself :(

https://www.twitch.tv/egx/v/91102735

Starts at the 1 hour 15 minutes mark.

Last edited:

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Too bad i missed it and i can't watch it untill later tonight.. grrr

It's a bit of a dissapointment the staff can't be zoned, but okay, let's wait and see how they work without zoning.
But indeed i hope i will not find my Pirate King in the Sci-Fi zone for example... it would not match.

But guess we just see, if they found another way that prevents zones to get mixed, im fine with it as well. (even tough i wonder how since a lot of buildings are made out of different themed materials)

Last edited:
Another (bad) confirmation we got is that entertainers and staff are not going to have the option of the player creating specific areas for them.
They said, they were going to be smart enough that they dont need it.

And ok answer for staff like janitors and mechanics.

But for entertainers? Im sorry but it doesnt fly. Just an example:
How is the entertainer going to be smart enough to know the difference between MY neoclassical area, and the fantasy part I made using pirate scenery stuff mixed with it?
If I make a pirate area, I want Pirate King to stay there, if I make a fantasy area, I want Princess Amelie to stay there. Its impossible for the game to know where the areas start and end, and even less when EVERYONE uses scenery from other themes to create they own or expand the ones Frontier made.

In the entertainers case is not a gameplay aspect, its a visual one.

Walt Disney didn't like the time he saw a cowboy going through Toworrowland, Im the same and im sure most of the community thinks in a similar way.

https://www.twitch.tv/egx/v/91102735

Starts at the 1 hour 15 minutes mark.
Completely agree! We should be able to assign work areas for all soret of staff members. Otherwise it is a big downgrade on management simulation!

Thanks for the link to the stream clip. I was just looking for it as well. [happy]
To bad I miss out about this.

Last edited:
Yeah, I also think we should be able to zone area, not just for mascott (primarily yes), but also to be able to close a zone for improvement, to choose background music of the area to better fit the theme, etc.

Game Title : Planet Coaster ..........
Everything but coaster development for I can't remember how long
Still no wooden coasters......... FAIL[down]

Last edited:
Game Title : Planet Coaster ..........
Everything but coaster development for I can't remember how long
Still no wooden coasters......... FAIL[down]

And how do you know they haven't already implemented wooden coasters? There is a lot we don't know, a lot that will be a surprise on release day. Stay strong and I'm sure you will be rewarded in November. Same with water rides. I get the feeling these may be in for release, yet we have heard nothing. There is surely a lot they don't want us to know, so that release day will be a huge surprise for everyone, including early birds.

Can someone show me where the video is? I've seem to have missed it. [rolleyes]

Edit: Nevermind, I think I got it! [wink]

Last edited:
Just my opinion but...

If it was in earlier games of 12 or so years ago why can't it be in Planet Coaster (ie employee zones)?

They've managed to do everything else correctly & go beyond expectations (except water) so I will begrudgingly wait and see the implementation of "no zones" (can't quite wrap my little brain around how this will work tho).

Top Bottom