Elder Scrolls Online Adds Dragons.

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date

Deleted member 110222

D
Yep.

Thing is I'm actually not bothered by this. In fact I'm finally going to buy the game on PC tomorrow.

I haven't played TESO for almost half a year and you just reminded me that I didn't pause my subscription. :D :D

Well, Now I can either cancel or pick it up, once more. I think I'm going to give it a go. I've got two or three chars that need some attention.

Deleted member 110222

D
I haven't played TESO for almost half a year and you just reminded me that I didn't pause my subscription. :D :D

Well, Now I can either cancel or pick it up, once more. I think I'm going to give it a go. I've got two or three chars that need some attention.

You on Steam? If you like you can add me and perhaps we can quest together? I'll be starting brand new on PC tomorrow.

Enjoy the crowns. You'll have thousands by now. :)

You on Steam? If you like you can add me and perhaps we can quest together? I'll be starting brand new on PC tomorrow.

Enjoy the crowns. You'll have thousands by now. :)

No, I have an original box version, so I play via the ESO launcher directly.
But when I'm online and check the names of my characters (I don't remember a single one of them) I can let you know and you can add them in game

Deleted member 110222

D
No, I have an original box version, so I play via the ESO launcher directly.
But when I'm online and check the names of my characters (I don't remember a single one of them) I can let you know and you can add them in game

That works too. Send me a PM when you have them. :)

More importantly.. it's in Elsweyr :D I really hope Razum-Dar gets some screentime again. Best Khajiit, ever. And you will have to go to the dungeon now.

I have an interesting relation with this game. I come back every new expansion, binge for a week. And forget it exists.
I still like it, but it can never hold me for long. I think it's writing and storytelling is a bit underrated. Some quest lines are quite fun, and would fit nicely even in vanilla TES game.

I have an interesting relation with this game. I come back every new expansion, binge for a week. And forget it exists.
I still like it, but it can never hold me for long. I think it's writing and storytelling is a bit underrated. Some quest lines are quite fun, and would fit nicely even in vanilla TES game.

I agree 100% there. One of my favorite areas is still the Al'Akir desert where you learn about the Ra Gada and the invasion of Hammerfell. Then again, Redguard for life :D

I agree 100% there. One of my favorite areas is still the Al'Akir desert where you learn about the Ra Gada and the invasion of Hammerfell. Then again, Redguard for life :D

I like that location too. Very atmospheric as well. One of the better deserts in online games :)

Wait, hold on a sec... are you telling me that Elder Scrolls franchise game did not have the dragons up to this point??

It's more a lore thing. ESO is set before even arena. ESO is the second Era, the mainline TES games are 3E and 4E (I think at least Skyrim is 4E). So normally there should be no dragons as technically there isn't even a Septim bloodline yet to keep them at bay. From the cinematic trailer it seems that Abnur Tharn (Man, the Tharn family just doesn't get a break) frees a bunch of dragons sealed away and those are the ones we'll see, not an actual dragon return like in Skyrim.

I saw the OP and was actually inspired to buy the basic version to check it out and i cant get the launcher to work. The download stalls or the launcher becomes completely unresponsive and has to be killed.

I have played enough ED to get my fill of bugs so i asked for a refund.

I was looking forward to it too, i loved oblivion and morrowind.

I saw the OP and was actually inspired to buy the basic version to check it out and i cant get the launcher to work. The download stalls or the launcher becomes completely unresponsive and has to be killed.

Actually the updater is a nightmare, and it takes AGES to download and patch the game. Think my installation with Summerset is now.. 90GB or so? So it is normal if it goes ZEN for like an hour. As long as you see the progress bar displaying speed it should be still working. Though I have the Bethesda launcher only, didn't buy it through steam.

Does it really become unresponsive or just after you started fumbling around in it and tried to close it?
Like hungvary said, the game has a massive instalation size and the launcher has a habit of simply appearing stuck for hours. I recommend letting it running over night.

It's a bit of a pain, but it's really worth it. Personally I consider the ESO not only the second best MMO I've ever played (right after The Secret World) but also my favourite TES game altogether. :)

Does it really become unresponsive or just after you started fumbling around in it and tried to close it?
Like hungvary said, the game has a massive instalation size and the launcher has a habit of simply appearing stuck for hours. I recommend letting it running over night.

It's a bit of a pain, but it's really worth it. Personally I consider the ESO not only the second best MMO I've ever played (right after The Secret World) but also my favourite TES game altogether. :)

Had to rep for TSW namedropping :D

Had to rep for TSW namedropping :D

Hey, yeah. I've toned it down a notch after the revamp which, in my opinion made the game a lot easier and the weapons kind of same-y, but I'm still playing.
But for the first two years? Man, I was living in that game, RPing like crazy.

Deleted member 110222

D
I'll be beginning my install shortly.

Just need to let this Gregg's lunch go down.

Bumpy bus ride made my stomach churn lol.

I'll be beginning my install shortly.

Just need to let this Gregg's lunch go down.

Bumpy bus ride made my stomach churn lol.

You could have waited with lunch until the installation, given how it's going to be at least 3-4 hours I think :D Also to note if you are going to do crafting, you might be tempted to get the subscription. And you really should, because storage is really tight in ESO, and having an infinite stack sized storage for every material is really handy.

Also just for curiosity's sake, which version did you get? Just Tamriel Unlimited, or also Morrowind/Summerset? Just wondering which starting experience you'll have.

Deleted member 110222

D
It's more a lore thing. ESO is set before even arena. ESO is the second Era, the mainline TES games are 3E and 4E (I think at least Skyrim is 4E). So normally there should be no dragons as technically there isn't even a Septim bloodline yet to keep them at bay. From the cinematic trailer it seems that Abnur Tharn (Man, the Tharn family just doesn't get a break) frees a bunch of dragons sealed away and those are the ones we'll see, not an actual dragon return like in Skyrim.

Correct. I'm sure a lot of people will say "but it breaks the lore!"

No it doesn't. To throw the lore argument back in the naysayer's faces, I have three words: Paarthunax.

He was alive the whole time. It stands to reason he's sitting atop the throat of the world during the ESO timeline.

Like Delphine said. The dragons weren't gone, they were dead. Or at least the closest thing to being dead they can be without a Dovahkiin responsible for their defeat.

The Dovah are immortal. Unless a Dragonborn devours a Dragon's soul, they cannot truly die.

This is why Alduin could so easily raise the immortal bones of his kin.

Many dragons were killed in the great dragon war. But none had their souls consumed. We see this in Skyrim when we use the elder scroll at the time wound. The ancient heroes defeat the dragons, but they do not absorb their souls. They are not Dovahkiin.

They learnt to shout the hard way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 110222

D
You could have waited with lunch until the installation, given how it's going to be at least 3-4 hours I think :D Also to note if you are going to do crafting, you might be tempted to get the subscription. And you really should, because storage is really tight in ESO, and having an infinite stack sized storage for every material is really handy.

Also just for curiosity's sake, which version did you get? Just Tamriel Unlimited, or also Morrowind/Summerset? Just wondering which starting experience you'll have.

I'm absolutely subscribing. I'm not as new as this thread suggests. I've played on Xbox, and loved it. But that system just can't run the game well. I had enough.

Other than that though it's one of my favourite online games, and I'm really looking forward to returning to Tamriel.

I'll be getting the bundle that includes Morrowind & Summerset.

Top Bottom