Elder Scrolls Online Adds Dragons.

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date
I've never been into housing that much. I don't think I've ever visited the free apartment after the compulsory first visit during the "quest". :D

My main does have a mansion somewhere in the Valenwood. But IIRC it's just barely furnished. I think I ought to look into it a bit more, I bet I have tons of blueprints.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
I've never been into housing that much. I don't think I've ever visited the free apartment after the compulsory first visit during the "quest". :D

My main does have a mansion somewhere in the Valenwood. But IIRC it's just barely furnished. I think I ought to look into it a bit more, I bet I have tons of blueprints.

Valenwood, eh?

Dunno...that's a rough neighborhood. Bosmer eat their slain foes after all.

knowing.jpg

Last edited:
Valenwood, eh?

Dunno...that's a rough neighborhood. Bosmer eat their slain foes after all.

It's almost like as if you are trying to paint them in a negative manner...They don't just eat slain foes. They'll eat anything that's been breathing just a short while ago :)

Someone seems to have a problem with the Green Pact. The Aldmeri Dominion is more then happy to draw and quarter said heretics :p

Deleted member 110222

D
I've never bothered with apartments, but it doesn't mean I didn't want to :D Just don't have the patience. I'd definitely go with a museum-like exhibition of strange and interesting things found around the world. With a little cozy living corner with bed, fireplace, and maybe some minimal storage like closet.

I'm not sure if you know this, but you now get a free chest for your house when you level up a new character.

Houses can actually be used for real storage now, seperate to bank storage.

I was level 10 when I took the housing quest; I had to travel to a delve in Greenshade, I think, to talk to the delinquent lodger. I had no idea where it was or how to get there and for my troubles I got a walk-in closet, the Mara's Kiss room. That's all changed and now you can just get the apartment by talking to the owner, no quests involved.

BTW, you also missed out on the free mansion that was recently given away as part of a promotion. It's a giant villa on a small island near Artaeum, home of the Psjic Order.

Deleted member 110222

D
I was level 10 when I took the housing quest; I had to travel to a delve in Greenshade, I think, to talk to the delinquent lodger. I had no idea where it was or how to get there and for my troubles I got a walk-in closet, the Mara's Kiss room. That's all changed and now you can just get the apartment by talking to the owner, no quests involved.

BTW, you also missed out on the free mansion that was recently given away as part of a promotion. It's a giant villa on a small island near Artaeum, home of the Psjic Order.

Such is life.

I actually prefer the idea of a small apartment right now. My character's still a nobody. From an RP perspective, the fact she'll own a room is a miracle, rather than dropping her head at the table in the nearest tavern.

(Let's ignore the bit that the room in Daggerfall is in a tavern...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 110222

D
Well I'm in love with the game. It's brilliant.

Looking forward to many adventures in the future.

I'm currently on Stros M'Kai, to start my journey through Tamriel.

Very fun game. Love it on PC.

Deleted member 110222

D
Agreed.
The only cartooney game I've ever liked was Wildstar (RIP :( ) WoW? nope.

Tamriel is love. Tamriel is life. :)

Don't get me wrong. I think the gameplay in WoW is amazing.

But my goodness is it ugly.

Don't get me wrong. I think the gameplay in WoW is amazing.

Is it though? WoW is an incredible grind. Every friend that ever came to TESO from WoW was surprised how can the leveling work so well without grinding. And were ecstatic about the quality of stories in every quest.

People who say TESO is not a TES game have never played it. It feels every bit as immersive as any other TES whereas in WoW all you do is think about meta, where to go the grind most efficiently. :D
(This is a second-hand information, though. I have never played WoW, myself, but I think the general consensus is that the only fun thing to do in WoW are raids. Which for somebody who never actually been into the multi-player-y part of MMOs is kind of a buzz kill. :) )

Deleted member 110222

D
Is it though? WoW is an incredible grind. Every friend that ever came to TESO from WoW was surprised how can the leveling work so well without grinding. And were ecstatic about the quality of stories in every quest.

People who say TESO is not a TES game have never played it. It feels every bit as immersive as any other TES whereas in WoW all you do is think about meta, where to go the grind most efficiently. :D
(This is a second-hand information, though. I have never played WoW, myself, but I think the general consensus is that the only fun thing to do in WoW are raids. Which for somebody who never actually been into the multi-player-y part of MMOs is kind of a buzz kill. :) )

I guess the classic "YMMV" applies here. :]

<snip>
People who say TESO is not a TES game have never played it. It feels every bit as immersive as any other TES whereas in WoW all you do is think about meta, where to go the grind most efficiently. :D<snip>

I can see where they are coming from a game mechanic angle though. TESO has the automatic lock-on-target with most of the abilities, compared to manual aim of something like Skyrim.

I can see where they are coming from a game mechanic angle though. TESO has the automatic lock-on-target with most of the abilities, compared to manual aim of something like Skyrim.

That is only partially the case, though. You still have to aim. You just don't need to be precise. It's all stat-based, of course, so no headshots and whatnot, but nonetheless, the combat is till much more involved and directly executed than the usual MMO clickfest. You have to aim, you have to dodge.

Last edited:
You can turn on the hard-lock (TAB last time I played), then you don't need to aim at all. :D
At least it used be like that, I haven't used the hard-lock in years because of how rediculous it was. I just remember my arrows doing 180 degree U-turns towards the hostiles.

You can turn on the hard-lock (TAB last time I played), then you don't need to aim at all. :D
At least it used be like that, I haven't used the hard-lock in years because of how rediculous it was. I just remember my arrows doing 180 degree U-turns towards the hostiles.

Hah. I didn't know that. I just aim at the enemy until the red highlight appears.
Will have to try this. Now I wonder what my Tab is mapped to, because I think I would have noticed. :D

Tab targeting hard lock must have been a long time ago; I could be wrong, I’ve been playing for about 2 years. I play on console where tab targeting is done by clicking on one of the thumbsticks. It isn’t a hard lock, just a highlighting to keep track of a single enemy, I think it tells a pet who to focus on as well.

I looked for any mention of tab targeting in ESO and I guess it was changed from a hard lock some time between 2014 and 2015.

Top Bottom