Elder Scrolls Online Adds Dragons.

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date
Haha do they share the servers with Anthem demo or hosting provider ^_^

Looking out to check ESO out sometime. Bought two accounts, one for me and one for wife, there's only the tiny itsy bitsy problem, no second gaming pc and I want us to play together. Maybe later this year after new ryzens release :D That's why the subscription "scared" me a bit.

ESO is quite well optimized, IIRC. It does lok gorgeous on a good gaming rig, but if you have a half-decent laptop or something (I've got an i3 + GT920) it should run it as well. You should try.

ESO is quite well optimized, IIRC. It does lok gorgeous on a good gaming rig, but if you have a half-decent laptop or something (I've got an i3 + GT920) it should run it as well. You should try.

The "looking gorgeous" is a part of the deal here, as she is usually a "spectator" :) And the other computer in the house is an intel with integrated graphics card, so not near half decent. But it's okay, we can wait ;-)

The "looking gorgeous" is a part of the deal here, as she is usually a "spectator" :) And the other computer in the house is an intel with integrated graphics card, so not near half decent. But it's okay, we can wait ;-)

Oh yes, I understand. In fact, I also sometimes spend a day or two simply by "tourism". I'm just hiking around and taking pictures. Some parts of the world are really awesome on their own, even when ignoring quests, challenges and other stuff you run into. (Except bears, you kind of can't ignore those. :D )

Except none of this is true in TESO.
I understand you're salty that you didn't like it, but as an adult you should be above ignorant slander.

As an adult, you should know the difference between satire/humour and, er...ignorant slander.

I was being legit when I said I'm glad people enjoyed it. For me it represented the most disappointment in a game I've ever had, primarily because they specifically opted for a MMORPG with no traditional ES playstyle (I remember them saying they weren't developing "Skyrim Online") - but Skyrim Online is kinda exactly what me and everyone I knew wanted? So given MMORPGs clearly aren't Bethesda's forte, I was pretty gutted that the follow-up to Skyrim-one of the most legendary games of all time-was followed up by not even a good MMORPG. And it shows because it was pretty much the antonym of "a hit". But if there's still enjoyment going for it, then I'm glad it wasn't a total wreck.

I might even revisit it after a while to see if it's improved as a game, because EQ1 was the last MMORPG I was into seriously, and that stopped being good years ​ago.

Also, using "salty" to wind someone up is so 2018 ;)

Last edited:
As an adult, you should know the difference between satire/humour and, er...ignorant slander.

I was being legit when I said I'm glad people enjoyed it. For me it represented the most disappointment in a game I've ever had, primarily because they specifically opted for a MMORPG with no traditional ES playstyle (I remember them saying they weren't developing "Skyrim Online") - but Skyrim Online is kinda exactly what me and everyone I knew wanted? So given MMORPGs clearly aren't Bethesda's forte, I was pretty gutted that the follow-up to Skyrim-one of the most legendary games of all time-was followed up by not even a good MMORPG. And it shows because it was pretty much the antonym of "a hit". But if there's still enjoyment going for it, then I'm glad it wasn't a total wreck.

I might even revisit it after a while to see if it's improved as a game, because EQ1 was the last MMORPG I was into seriously, and that stopped being good years ​ago.

Also, using "salty" to wind someone up is so 2018 ;)

Alright, alright. I apologize. :D

I'm a fanboy, what can I say.
The game is great, but if you're generally not into either the Elder Scrolls or MMOs, then yeah, no bueno I guess.

Deleted member 110222

D
@Chris Simon

Thought I should let you know that I'm considering moving to the NA server. I'm getting awful performance on the EU server, and I decided to give NA a go today.

Great performance. Massive improvement.

Thinking of cutting my losses and moving to a server that for me, seems to run better.

Alright, alright. I apologize. :D

I'm a fanboy, what can I say.
The game is great, but if you're generally not into either the Elder Scrolls or MMOs, then yeah, no bueno I guess.

Hey, I adore Elder Scrolls - that was kinda my issue. ESO felt nothing like an ES game. Can you imagine if they'd created a glorious hybrid of an MMORPG with the traditional ES playstyle? *drools*

Okay, okay, I'll clear the mess up.

@Chris Simon

Thought I should let you know that I'm considering moving to the NA server. I'm getting awful performance on the EU server, and I decided to give NA a go today.

Great performance. Massive improvement.

Thinking of cutting my losses and moving to a server that for me, seems to run better.

They not offer even a one-off or even paid transfer service?

I know EQ did but they didn't advertise it pretty well back in the day, may be worth popping support a message.

So are the dragons a raid boss type affair or just usual meat fodder for the masses? Actually, what are ESO raids like? Never taken a look.

Last edited:
Hey, I adore Elder Scrolls - that was kinda my issue. ESO felt nothing like an ES game. Can you imagine if they'd created a glorious hybrid of an MMORPG with the traditional ES playstyle? *drools*

You should probably check Skyrim Together then ;)

And I personally never got into raids, because a 12 man PUG sounds like a disaster of finger pointing and verbal vomit.

Well that didn't last long, back on my Sorcerer(s) again. Not that I dislike the other classes, Sorcerer gameplay just flows alot better for me both magicka and stamina specs.

I'm a huge TES fanboy since Daggerfall, apart from their decision to implement classes in ESO I think they did a great job with the game. Game has been growing for years since they launched One Tamriel, not many MMOs manage to turn it around and make a comeback from a poor launch. If only Vanguard managed to do that, but that was SoE.

So are the dragons a raid boss type affair or just usual meat fodder for the masses? Actually, what are ESO raids like? Never taken a look.

Perhaps the best raid guild on PC EU is Hodor. You can check out Alcast on youtube for more.

[video=youtube_share;8ZkMj5skxvw]https://youtu.be/8ZkMj5skxvw[/video]

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D

They not offer even a one-off or even paid transfer service?

I know EQ did but they didn't advertise it pretty well back in the day, may be worth popping support a message.

Nope, afraid not. It's a big complaint.

Fortunately I've only got 27 hours on PC, so starting over isn't very daunting for me.

I've never had a problem on EU server (Aside from that hiccup the other day) and US server will introduce some lag. I don't play PvP or even with other people, but things like registering hits on enemies are important, so I'm gonna stay.

Deleted member 110222

D
I've never had a problem on EU server (Aside from that hiccup the other day) and US server will introduce some lag. I don't play PvP or even with other people, but things like registering hits on enemies are important, so I'm gonna stay.

I think I over-reacted. First impressions and all that.

I'm staying on EU. Was playing all day today and ot was fine.

Deleted member 110222

D
Played PvP for the first time yesterday.

Both in Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds.

Both were quite fun, but Battlegrounds is definitely the place to go for levelling PvP skills. More fun too.

Basically, Battlegrounds is a CoD-style PvP mode. It works rather well, and good play really can turn a game around.

I'm rubbish at it mind. :p

Deleted member 110222

D
efdd1b477203db01f1a7c3ef58e290e1.jpg

fc88804b28b0dd2c23e41466bfff8a0c.jpg

Needless to say I'm buying both next week when they're available.

Why both? I know people like to collect mounts. See, I'm one of those who find the one I like most and stick with it. It becomes like a good ol pal during your adventures :)

Deleted member 110222

D
Why both? I know people like to collect mounts. See, I'm one of those who find the one I like most and stick with it. It becomes like a good ol pal during your adventures :)

For a start, the bottom one is a pet, not a mount.

Secondly, I RP that my two Imperials are a couple. These two beauties are for the woman of the couple. (cliché alert: she's a healer)

Yes it's sad but I like it! :p

My DD, the bloke, has a Colovion breed and a dog.

EDIT: I'm also trained in caring for horses IRL, and as such horses in ESO are hard to ignore. I should point out that I only have horses, bar the camel I happened to get in a free Crown Crate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 110222

D
I usually prefer good ol horses to any gimmicky mounts in games too. Because I'm a basic b....bloke :)

Yeah. I don't mind the camel, because they are IRL mounts too, and I'm alright with guar too, as the lore does put them down as a pack-mule since at least Morrowind. All things considered the guar is quite a believable creature too. I mean, it's basically just a fat dinosaur.

Yeah. I don't mind the camel, because they are IRL mounts too, and I'm alright with guar too, as the lore does put them down as a pack-mule since at least Morrowind. All things considered the guar is quite a believable creature too. I mean, it's basically just a fat dinosaur.
What guar look like to me is a shaved kiwi bird. And I can't get away from this image :)

Deleted member 110222

D
What guar look like to me is a shaved kiwi bird. And I can't get away from this image :)

Cannot unsee.

Anyway, I completed Auridon a few minutes ago. Kinda' played for a straight five hours into midnight.

I think I'm now officially becoming an MMO gamer.

Top Bottom