Election state - anyone know exactly what works?

O7 cmdrs.

As per the title - I can't find any reliable guides updated this year taking into account the most recent changes to BGS. I don't control any assets and the other faction controls one station but not the system.

I haven't had an election for quite some time, since back when you just worked on non-combat stuff to get the influence gap. Patch notes I found says elections and wars are a seven day thing but I've had two wars end after two days, so I'm not sure if those notes are true any more.

Anyone actively working the BGS have experience they could share of a 'recent' election?

Pending replies, I'm going to try smuggling into the station controlled by the other faction. The mission board offers nothing obvious anymore like 'poll data courier' missions etc.

Of the 7 days you have to win more days than the opposition.
Non combat missions, trade, exploration data, passengers.

With no station of your own you are stuck with doing missions and passenger missions.
Smuggling into their station may work, I have had limited success with that, but it should work.

Here's a start:

Non combat missions,
As far as I can tell, all missions affect Election, not just non-combat ones. I've won whole elections with just Assassination missions. The actual act of killing, and the subsequent bounty collected won't count though.

How old is that chart? I found it somewhere else but I'm sure it was from an old thread so wasn't sure it was still accurate.
The only thing missing from it is a description of what causes Blight ... and, well, it's fair enough if they give us a while to try to work that one out ourselves.

The only thing missing from it is a description of what causes Blight ... and, well, it's fair enough if they give us a while to try to work that one out ourselves.

Isn't the Blight the topic of the CG at the moment? Caused by dodgy fertiliser? If you ask me, I'd say the manufacturer has been cutting original fertiliser with dead Imperial Slaves...

This is the BGS forum - sounds like you want Lore, they do the crazy ...

Surely it would only be Lore-related if mixing slave corpses into fertiliser was a common thing of the past, or present?

Anyhoo, to keep OT, I collected about 25x + INF total last evening from courier missions, credit donations and political prisoner liberations (boy liberation missions are something...), decided agaist smuggling in the end. Not sure what the daily cap is but seeing as the system only has 10k pop and no traffic but me, surely I'll have had an impact and will post results after today's tick.

Anyhoo, to keep OT, I collected about 25x + INF total last evening from courier missions, credit donations and political prisoner liberations (boy liberation missions are something...), decided agaist smuggling in the end. Not sure what the daily cap is but seeing as the system only has 10k pop and no traffic but me, surely I'll have had an impact and will post results after today's tick.
Two things:
  • Yeah, aren't hijacking missions great, now they've fixed the way mission-related cargo drops :D
  • Just wanting to manage expectations, since presuming you're helping out an election based on the thread title, there won't be any influence change (influences are locked if a faction is in conflict), and you won't get any more than No change, a tick for your faction or a tick against your faction in the conflict meter (e.g on this thing:)

If you've no competition, just a few election courier missions will swing it. I was unsure about the effect of non-election missions so always avoid them, but Jmanis knows better than me.

If you've no competition, just a few election courier missions will swing it. I was unsure about the effect of non-election missions so always avoid them, but Jmanis knows better than me.
I've mentioned it in another thread, but assassination missions def work in election (bounties and kills don't though). Of course, recent patches with silent fixes mean that might've changed and was unintended. Haven't had an election since ARX dropped...

EDIT: Buh... it was this thread.... XD

Last edited:
I've won elections couple days ago.
I run courier missions for poll data. After I gained rep I did missions like "election support by liberating N diplomatic bag/political prisoners".
I am not sure if I was alone in the system, maybe one more player, that took me about three days to win, no more than ~50 missions.

Edit: Did you check other starports for the missions?..

Last edited:
I've won elections couple days ago.
I run courier missions for poll data. After I gained rep I did missions like "election support by liberating N diplomatic bag/political prisoners".
I am not sure if I was alone in the system, maybe one more player, that took me about three days to win, no more than ~50 missions.

Edit: Did you check other starports for the missions?..

There's only two stations. I'm now seeing more election-based missions one tick after the election started, I guess the mission board doesn't update immediately. I'm working for my own PMF so I already have Allied status.

For the missions I did yesterday, today the Election status has moved from Draw to Close Victory in my favour. If it's anything like War status, I'll have full victory by tomorrow's tick and possibly end the Election.

I'm going to run just assassination missions today to double confirm what Jmanis has already said.

For the missions I did yesterday, today the Election status has moved from Draw to Close Victory in my favour. If it's anything like War status, I'll have full victory by tomorrow's tick and possibly end the Election.

I'm going to run just assassination missions today to double confirm what Jmanis has already said.
Elections like wars are still best of 7. You'll need at least 3 more days for a 4-0 total victory.

I'm also interested if assassinations help too.

Top Bottom