Elections: BGS Guide-Best Current Thinking

Do elections allways last 3 days, even if the difference is 10% after the first day ?

Every conflict State (and some of the other ones) have a minimum runtime of 4 days (after 3 days the game checks if the gap requirements are met, if big enough it runs for a additional 24h before ceasing to be).

I reinstalled ED after a 2 Years break and i am not up to date in case of the BGS anymore.
I have a minor independent faction i am working for, how can i support my faction at its best to win an Election atm ?
Doing missions (does it matter what kind of missions?), hand in exploration data at a station my faction is controlling, does bounty hunting helps to win an Election if the system is controlled by my faction, trading to a station my faction is controlling, selling minerals and metals to a station my faction is controlling ?

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
You need to be 2 wins ahead of the opposition over the 7 days of the election to get 4% influence and the asset. We have yet to find a minimum effort required to win. We believe it is 1 transaction point more than the opposition assuming they have no support.

I'll update the 1st post once there is evidence of stability in the BGS - not doing it twice in other words.

Last edited:
Top Bottom