Elite 2 Frontier OST - Spotify Playlist

I was bored so inbetween crashes I made a Sptoify playlist with some of the original tracks present on Elite 2 Frontier for anyone interested as we're currently musicless in ED:

http://bit.ly/To8Rwm

There is one track that someone on Soundcloud called Jamie Treacher remastered, the original Elite 2 Frontier Theme by Dave Lowe:

http://bit.ly/ShzqlM

If for some reason either of these links don't work, post and I'll fix em, otherwise.. enjoy!

Haha maybe I did turn it off! Just about to turn in but I'll check now to see if that was the case. Also a lot of those tracks should be in the Spotify playlist, can you not see them? Not sure if you need a Spotify account to see them or not.

Now that I think of it, I don't think there is much music outside combat. If you avoid fighting you wouldn't hear much.

The stations interiors do have something playing in the background and that's it.

Allen Stroud

I think there are a few backers who are writers and composers that created music for Elite.

Here's one I noticed: Allen Stroud's Elite: Lave Revolution album on soundcloud here.

There's a kickstarter-funded book which the 'soundtrack' goes with.

Flin

Hey thanks for linking to my rearrangement of the old FE2 theme - gave me a few hits! :)
Hope you liked it.

Yeah was awesome. Amazing, only on this game would you find the person responsible for the remastering on the forum :cool:

I found it as I heard the original midi version and it offended my ears. See you in game :smilie:

Hey thanks for linking to my rearrangement of the old FE2 theme - gave me a few hits! :)
Hope you liked it.

For the most part, I thought it was great. A few areas that jarred me a little bit (I can't describe how yet, I'd have to think about it) but I'm pretty sure that's down to personal taste.

Technically, there is a lot going on (perhaps in some areas a bit too much) but it's a great effort nonetheless, and I liked how it ended (and no, I don't mean silence).

Yeah was awesome. Amazing, only on this game would you find the person responsible for the remastering on the forum :cool:

I found it as I heard the original midi version and it offended my ears. See you in game :smilie:

Frankly, the Amiga sampled version sounded better than any of the MIDI ones did, and they could be played on any collection of instruments with quality sounds available.

For the most part, I thought it was great. A few areas that jarred me a little bit (I can't describe how yet, I'd have to think about it) but I'm pretty sure that's down to personal taste.

Technically, there is a lot going on (perhaps in some areas a bit too much) but it's a great effort nonetheless, and I liked how it ended (and no, I don't mean silence).

Hehe - that's probably my own messy musical personality coming through! I like my music to jar occasionally - the odd nasty discord, unexpected chord progressions and irregular time signatures - plus I sort of love pointless complexity!

Top Bottom