Elite Badge

Do you want a new Elite Badge

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Perhaps we original badge holders should get together in-game, a sort of old timers Elite. Go off every now and then helping out new players and searching the galaxy for the last of the original Elite.

I love the idea....

But surely there are more badge owners out there!

Come on dig them out and take that pic and use it on your profile :)

Last edited:
Perhaps we original badge holders should get together in-game, a sort of old timers Elite. Go off every now and then helping out new players and searching the galaxy for the last of the original Elite.

I'm up for that JKF ... good shout (hopefully more than 3 badge holders will come forward by then ;-) )

:-D

OK, these things are obviously a lot more rare than I thought ... know that that offer I put in post #1 to sell it for a £300,000 donation to the KS is no longer valid ;-)

sorry :)

Really? surely there must be a few more out there with one (maybe some people that had one, but were careless enough to loose it in the last twenty(cough) years)

... please?

If you have one, join the badge holders...

Elite%20Badge%20Holders.jpg

Anyone know who posted this: http://wouter.bbcmicro.net/pictures/software/elite_pins.jpg on the interwebs (or knows how to track the person down) .... at some point in time, all three Elite pins were on the table in front of a camera, maybe the guy earned all three for himself, maybe he knew people ... there is at least one other person with an Elite badge (maybe 3) ... go find him (or them), he needs to know E : D is happening, and needs to know there is an uber-elite club (of people so crusty we probably cant play the game anymore) that he (they) are eligable to join ;-)

To all the rest of you that claim you may have played Elite ... paaaah ... I gesticulate in your general direction ... you mother was a hampster, and your father smelt of elderberries.... show me the badge (or at least claim you had one once)

(urm ... was that a little harsh ... I have been down the pub all night ... sorry)

;-)

(probably was a little contentious, but I'm gonna click reply anyway and go down in flames if that what I deserve)

with my badge ;-)

The badges we have did not come with the game. To get one you had to first reach Elite status and send your save game code to the publisher, Acorn in my case, which was verified and a badge sent out.

I did have a badge though. It was a square one. Gold border, black background with the 'Elite' logo on it.

Can not find it. :(

I did have a badge though. It was a square one. Gold border, black background with the 'Elite' logo on it.

Can not find it. :(

Keep looking. It took me 4 weeks to find mine. It was in a box of old photographs together with all my archery medals.

Rafe Zetter

Banned
JKF well done on finding your badge...

So I think this thread turned up you, me and Duncan who have badges.

JFK
http://www.4tn.net/public/EliteBadge.jpg
@JFK - I love that your badge looks a bit scuffed, I can just imagine on an 80's style denim jacket beside your AC/DC badge!!

Duncan
http://wouter.bbcmicro.net/pictures/software/elite_pins.jpg (the one on the left)
@Duncan - Don't be lazy take a pic of your actual badge, they are all unique :)

Me
My Elite Badge

So that is two BBC B badges and a Commodore 64 badge.

Have we missed anyone else? Surely we can do better than three people who where awarded the official "Order of Elite" on the Official Elite Forums!!

Anyone??

Yes :) Me, a BBC B player

I am also a "registered" Elite - (errm how do I post a pic of it?)

Oh and check my name - sound familiar?

Edit: I've just had a bit of a notion - what do you think the chances are of getting David B to agree to letting all the the confirmed (by badge) Elite pilots from the original have an elite logo ship decal reserved just for them? And can't be earned ingame - As you say we are only a select few and the peacock in me wants to show that off :D

And maybe we should form a flight wing ingame too :) ok getting a bit carried away ..:)

Last edited:
Yes :) Me, a BBC B player

I am also a "registered" Elite - (errm how do I post a pic of it?)

Click User CP
In your CP click Edit Avatar
Scroll down and click Choose File button to locate the image on your computer.

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

Yes :) I've just had a bit of a notion - what do you think the chances are of getting David B to agree to letting all the the confirmed (by badge) Elite pilots from the original have an elite logo ship decal reserved just for them? And can't be earned ingame - As you say we are only a select few and the peacock in me wants to show that off :D)

Think that idea might be going a bit too far. You'd have people 3D printing badges to join in. It's enough that we know who we are.

In game group already agreed, get your badge up and join.

I made it to Élite on the BBC B (disc version), but never got a badge. Only got to Deadly on my favourite version (Acorn Archimedes).

FFE was so bugged at release that I lost interest fast. :(

Another Beeb Eliter here. I'm pretty sure I still have the badge somewhere and plan to search for it when I get the chance.

I remember the letter as well but have long since lost contact with that one! (I recall it talking about a special 'Elite' (the elite of the Elite?) group that I had unfortunately not qualified for - wasn't there a competition of some sort for those that did qualify?). Sorry if somebody has said all this before.

As an aside, when I got my badge I was a few years into my teaching career and used to pin it on my lapel. I knew there were some kids in my school who played the game. :)

I never knew about the non-BBC variants, I have to say they look rather nice (not that I would swap!)

Resize it to 80 x 80 and make it your avatar.

Then there will then be four, with a possible fifth.

Nice if we can get to seven :eek:

I remember the letter as well but have long since lost contact with that one! (I recall it talking about a special 'Elite' (the elite of the Elite?) group that I had unfortunately not qualified for - wasn't there a competition of some sort for those that did qualify?). Sorry if somebody has said all this before.

When you sent your code off you received an extra commendation if you were the best Elite that month.

Top Bottom