Elite / Frontier Elite BBC Micro - Need some help getting started

If there are those also stymied in their attempts to get to witch-space, I've found that holding ctrl and x (climb) until the hyperspace graphic ends will reliably get you there.

I think maximum pitch rotation in moment you entering hyperspace is ticket to witchspace. ZX Spectrum Elite its triggered randomly (very low chance I think) or you can force it with pause game and use F key to toggle.

Hopefully this will get you started:

I've found the following works for me as the SSD image supplied doesn't seem to work with the standard BBC micro rom.

1) Install BeebEm
2) Copy the ELITE.SDD to a folder of your choice. Rename the file extension to .SSD.
3) Start BeebEm
4) Select Options|Map F1-F10 to F0-F9
4) Choose Hardware|BBC Model|BBC Micro B plus (you should see Acorn OS 112K/Acorn 1770 DFS)
5) Open File|Run Disc
6) Navigate to where you saved ELITE.SSD and select it.
7) Reminisce over the load screen
8) Jump into the game, remembering to engage your imagination

The standard "BBC DFS" doesn't seem to work properly and the game fails with "Not Found" when you hyperspace. Also the F1 to F0 mapping will help you as F0 is "launch from space station".
I barley understood that, but managed to get my game running anyway.....

Alright! I've figured out how to save the game using the emulator's disk system. Maybe not the ideal route but go to Disc Options, click on "New Disc 1" and then name that whatever you like (I've named mine EliteSave.ssd), click on "Load Disc 1" and load that disc into drive 1, then go back to Disc Options and click on "Write Protect 1" to uncheck it.

Now you can save your commander information the traditional way!

Also I've succeeded in shipping food to Zaonce, and even managed to destroy my first pirate ship (Something I've never been able to do in either Oolite or Elite: Dangerous, actually!)
I having a problem where I when ever I try to Witch-Space transit to Zaonce (From Lave), and WS tunnel freezes on me with a message "NOT FOUND" and this happens each time, even when i tried getting to Diso.

I will however try to follow the instructions given on this thread if I can make sense of them....

Top Bottom