Release Elite Cougar MFD Cockpit Display - game changing new companion app

i always download the international nvidia drivers...
New version of the debug app for you to try. I'm sorry it seems like the progress is slow, but this looks to be something fundamental that I've always done and only now it is showing an error (for some systems).
No need to run through the tick box options, just click start/stop and send me the nVidia.log file and post a video (please).
This version loads an initial texture...just to see if texture loading is an issue (which it looks to be) and adds some more debug tracing around that. I've tracked the area down to one of two possible functions...so hopefully the logs will decide which is the culprit.

The app can be downloaded from the Troubleshooting page.

...wow, amazing....beautiful!
264e665a9a82b729d2553b4cde3baeda.png

1st success, some text is shown now

video 4

Attachments

• engine_nVidia.log
    2.5 KB · Views: 108
...wow, amazing....beautiful!
1st success, some text is shown now
Hopefully the last version of the debug app for you to try!
No need to run through the tick box options, just click start/stop and send me the nVidia.log file and post a video (please).

I've tracked the area down to the function which is causing an exception. Why it's doing this for you remains a mystery since it's code which has been executed in every build for at least 10 years. Still, loads of debugging lines added to find the problem.
I have reverted back some of the other changes from before, such as adding a depth component to the font frame buffer as I thing this is a red herring.
Fingers crossed, everything should work and render, and I'll be able to see from the nVidia log file the line causing the issue.

The app can be downloaded from the Troubleshooting page.

oh, btw, thanks for the "malware" ???
There's no malware in the compiled code!
Perhaps the virus checker is simply flagging up zips and exes as possible threats even if they are not.
I'll check the website and make sure nobody has tampered with the files on there.

There's no malware in the compiled code!
Perhaps the virus checker is simply flagging up zips and exes as possible threats even if they are not.
I'll check the website and make sure nobody has tampered with the files on there.
..nope..there are several other .zip and .exe files in this folder!

..nope..there are several other .zip and .exe files in this folder!
I've just looked on my site and everything seems in order. File sizes are the same as my master source, and date modifications are identical.
I've downloaded the test app archive from the site and extracted it - no problems found. The File size is byte for byte identical - no other files or zips present.

I've just looked on my site and everything seems in order. File sizes are the same as my master source, and date modifications are identical.
I've downloaded the test app archive from the site and extracted it - no problems found. The File size is byte for byte identical - no other files or zips present.
..Really dunno what happened, but:
i have to do an complete recovery of my whole system!
Bluscreen after BlueScreens, 37 different trojaner and malwares detected by ESET Smart Security and Malwarebytes Antimalware!
Toook me around 12hrs to fix this al!
Thanks

Last edited:
Version 1.15 has been released!

Fixes include the following:
Exception on exit; Galaxy Map route plotter fixes; Font loading issue found with nVidia (international drivers).
Adds the following new feature: Megaship/FleetCarrier landing pad assistant.

Last edited:
..Really dunno what happened, but:
i have to do an complete recovery of my whole system!
Bluscreen after BlueScreens, 37 different trojaner and malwares detected by ESET Smart Security and Malwarebytes Antimalware!
Toook me around 12hrs to fix this al!
Thanks

Did you maybe click on an ad that was disguised as a download button? Chrome and Firefox have adblockers you can install that strip things like that. I'm not sure if the website has ads or not as honestly I never really see ads anywhere on the internet anymore other than boosted search results on google.....

Did you maybe click on an ad that was disguised as a download button? Chrome and Firefox have adblockers you can install that strip things like that. I'm not sure if the website has ads or not as honestly I never really see ads anywhere on the internet anymore other than boosted search results on google.....
i use opera, with activated integrated adblocker and VPN!

Version 1.15 has been released!

Fixes include the following:
Exception on exit; Galaxy Map route plotter fixes; Font loading issue found with nVidia (international drivers).
Adds the following new feature: Megaship/FleetCarrier landing pad assistant.

GFX woking now... will check if the buttons also do tomorrow

A small update to keep everyone in the loop of some exciting new features currently under development.....

I'm taking a slight break on the orrery feature. I've been working hard on bring this feature into fruition and it's nearly ready; however there is one thing I can't solve and it's bugging me! Scale. Many systems in Elite have multiple stars and trying to organise the display of the orrery so that everything renders on the screen at the same time in a pleasing way is proving....tricky.
Meanwhile I have taken the next giant step - integrated the orrery into the galaxy map. So , when you use the route plotter and create a route on the galaxy map, zooming right in on one of the selected nodes automatically zooms your view into the orrery; similarly, when zooming out the transition back to the galaxy map is seemless.
The galaxy map route plotter is getting an overhaul too. Manual waypoint plotting has been added primarily to help with the visualisation of long range passenger expedition missions - these don't have a final destination (or not revealed until some time closer to the target). Still to do is merge the manual waypoints into the neutron plotter so that a neutron boosted route can be manually created rather than be the result of missions.
At some point, the galaxy map will have access to POIs along with a dedicated Point of Interest user interface and import mechanism.

Taking another sidestep away from the galaxy map and orrery (both of which are full-on time killers) is a new feature. Simulated space chatter. I intend to make a simulation of live radio chatter take place in realtime whilst your ship is in supercruise (and maybe optionally whilst in normal space too). There'll be chatter between two NPCs and some one way conversation towards your ship too, along with background noises. The synthesised voices will be post processed by some filters to make the sounds seem more distant and background and I may even get the effects to pan around the number of speakers the listener has - so stay tuned!

I'm having some issues with the program if you could message me and help me fix it. Licensing fix isn't working, it did once and then I had to redo everything because the icon in the system tray wasn't giving me options when I clicked on it and now of one of the MFD windows disappeared and I don't know how to give it back. There isn't a lot of option in terms of altering the program inside it.

Last edited:
A couple of things here.
The mfd window positions and sizes are saved in an ini file called MFD.INI so you can edit this if you want to hand craft any particular aspect.

The license key is stored in the registry and this happens when the program closes - although it should be noted that the start menu on the app tray icon needs to be activated first.
The only time I’ve not seen system tray icons is if there’s second copy of the exe running in memory. There are checks to prevent this but it can happen. Double check task manager and kill any rouge mfdcougar processes prior to starting the app.
As starting the app does take a little while - May be 10 seconds- double clicking may seem like nothing is happening, even though behind the scenes that’s far from the case.
You can pm me or send me an email and I’ll be glad to help.

Top Bottom