Patch Notes Update Elite: Dangerous 1.03

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Probably something to do with it being Christmas and the New Year, I am sure even the busy peeps at FD needed some time off over the festive period. :)

^^^^ This!

Give the team some well deserved rest, they even had to fix major issues during the first day of the new year. If it's not a proof of dedication, I can't figure what can prove it.

Indeed, I fully hope most of the team got to have a rest over the last 10 days or so.

However, I think it is fair to say the holiday period is over. I am looking forward to some exciting peeks over the next few weeks. I Adore what we have so far, the game has so much potential, the bones of the game are impressive, but I am itching for some teasers of what is to come :)

Also being able to purchase a tractor beam for your ship is a must for picking up cargo floating in space.

If it comes as an optional module which takes up an equipment slot then what ever, but much like docking, scooping has always been an important skill in elite. I would be disappointed if it just became a "freebie" module as it would take away a skill which many people enjoy learning which is why if it did occur I think it needs to be an extra bit of equipment.

It's not going to happen. They don't exist in this universe.

yes and no. Whilst like my last post hints you can probably see that it is not something I would use, whilst a "magic" tractorbeam tech may not exist in this universe, a magnetic device of some description, or even a harpoon type device with a net on the end, would certainly exist in the universe at least..... whether it would exist as a piece of equipment for our ships is another matter though.

yes and no. Whilst like my last post hints you can probably see that it is not something I would use, whilst a "magic" tractorbeam tech may not exist in this universe, a magnetic device of some description, or even a harpoon type device with a net on the end, would certainly exist in the universe at least..... whether it would exist as a piece of equipment for our ships is another matter though.

You're suggesting something to reduce *grind* so I don't give that a lot of hope!

I too think collection through the scoop needs some attention, but I doubt it will receive it. If you could simply upgrade the scroop so it - as you suggest - pulled items in better, that would be great.

You're suggesting something to reduce *grind* so I don't give that a lot of hope!

I too think collection through the scoop needs some attention, but I doubt it will receive it. If you could simply upgrade the scroop so it - as you suggest - pulled items in better, that would be great.

I'm happing with scooping, but it annoys me that the image of the canister on the scanner is not a 3d object that is oriented the same way as the real world object. They show a 3D station when you target a station, should be similar for the scooping of cargo too.

Once I was knocked out of server while hauling a cargo. After reconnecting I had trouble with the cargo - sometimes it was in the current state, and sometimes it was in the previous (before selling/buying) and further, there were discrepancies between cargo stock (under '4' key) and commodities market - I had 13 units used out of 16 possible while market was showing 16/16 (cargo full). But this problem eventually disappeared with one bigger problem remaining - the hauled cargo was no more marked as "haulage" and I couldn't pass it at the destination station. Had to sell it (it was marked as normal cargo, not as haulage and neither as stolen), cancel the mission and pay fine...

Hi, happy new Year! Will be there more Game Deepness in the next Updates or stay the Game in this stage as it is??

Also i should be possible in 3300 or 3301 to save the Market Data in the own Bordcomputer as a snapshot or communicate with the Station if in Range (5KM)... this is one of many small things should happen, because at the moment it is like flying in a very sterile universe...

Also i should be possible in 3300 or 3301 to save the Market Data in the own Bordcomputer as a snapshot or communicate with the Station if in Range (5KM)... this is one of many small things should happen, because at the moment it is like flying in a very sterile universe...

You can with the drop down menu top Right of the market data page.

You can also buy updated trade data in the galaxy map.

when I bought the trade data, I could only access whether it buys or sells the item, not the prices - is this correct?

Love this game, seriously, this is amazing.

But please, do something about those security ships that seems to have a blast at getting right in front of you when you're already shooting at a Wanted.
We're immediately flagged as a pirate when it was just an accident !
So please, do something about it.

Like this:
In order for you to be flagged as a pirate if you shoot at a security ship, you actually need to shoot him for a decent amount of time, a time that indicates that it is your WILL to shoot at him.
Another example is sending to the player a warning like "Warning, if you keep shooting our asses, we will open fire ! ".
That would be awesome.

Also, I think the most important thing to add in the game is a decent grouping system, bounty sharing, clear vision of our friends who are in the same area as us etc.

That being said, I'm going back at your awesome game that I absolutely love ! Thanks for making this masterpiece !
Love from France <3

^^^^ This!

Give the team some well deserved rest, they even had to fix major issues during the first day of the new year. If it's not a proof of dedication, I can't figure what can prove it.

Haven't seen any progress yet. Not been able to login for four days. You can't go awol for two weeks if you are serious about a newly released online game.

direct 3d cannot lock buffer still..............?

Haven't seen any progress yet. Not been able to login for four days. You can't go awol for two weeks if you are serious about a newly released online game.
I know how you feel game wont run and hasnt done sine 1.03 no reply from the team and all fixes on the forum dont seem to work. lots of players seem to be getting this error now and still no word, please look into this guys and at least give us some sort of idea when we will be able to play again? I dont think its too much to ask for £40

the support team has not had any time off at all though guys.. there prolly still swamped but I can betcha someone is working on it.

I know how you feel game wont run and hasnt done sine 1.03 no reply from the team and all fixes on the forum dont seem to work. lots of players seem to be getting this error now and still no word, please look into this guys and at least give us some sort of idea when we will be able to play again? I dont think its too much to ask for £40

And some of us paid a hell of a lot more than that. This is why I am against the whole idea of always online, even for a singleplayer game. It's ridiculous and does nothing but punish the honest consumer.

Then there is the rare trade goods circle which imo is a way for players to cheese the game by making absurdly amounts of money with little risk far exceeding any other method of making money.
I now watch my friend who stared a week or so before me flying around in a kitted Asp with another 4 or so mill in assets all through rare trade goods...

Rare Trading was nervd befor i was doing it. This isn't more profitable as doing anything else right.
The Route from Lave Sector to the 39 Tauri Sector with multiple Stations and moving 60t of Rare Goods of 160 LY is taking 2 Hours to do,
with waiting for the "production" of them and Transport them to the first Station of the other Sector inclusive Fuelscooping underway.
This is hardly any more profit then normal Trading on a decent route and even worse then a great trade route with 2000 cr / t there and back again.
This looks like a lot of profit when you sell them for about a million credits at once, sure. But time wise it isn't.

And to be honest: One Million Credits in 2 Hours of Time is too less for me, when you have the 147 Million Anaconda dangling as the Carrot to reach.
This is 300 Hours of stupid Playtime, without anything went wrong, just for the "best" but basic outfittet ship.
Most Games are done in 30 Hours. 30 Hours full of story and variation. I sure played this long since Gamma, and it started to get boring a while back now. :(

Don't get me wrong. Just playing it occasionally and do different things is fine. Still Gasping on Stations and the overall Beauty of it.
But when you set yourself a target to reach and this requires a lot of money it really starting to get ugly and boring to death grinding.
Right now the game feels like Bilbo feels in the Lord of the Rings: Like Butter scraped over too much bread.

If u want to get everything in 30 Hours, so is ED the wrong Game for you. I am bored about Games where u get everything in 30 Hours.
Okay, i wish more medium class ships, because i want to get something new, before i must wait month to get the next ship. Some more Fighters in the Medium Class bring more Action in the Game and we can say "1 trading ship and 1 Fighter Ship!" are in our Hangars. By the way i want a Shiptransfer between the Stations. I hate it to drive back to my mainstation where my other ships are. I waste many time to travel between this stations and i don't want to "buy and sell" everytime my ships when i want a change.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom