Patch Notes Update Elite: Dangerous 1.2.07 incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Something new just happened to the launcher - it is offering an upgrade to "cross platform Beta" in addition to the Play and Practice offerings.
I didnt accept just in case it blew my game away.
Is the bringing the mac-ists into the common fold ? or are ED trying to make one size fit all?
Mike

Something new just happened to the launcher - it is offering an upgrade to "cross platform Beta" in addition to the Play and Practice offerings.
I didnt accept just in case it blew my game away.
Is the bringing the mac-ists into the common fold ? or are ED trying to make one size fit all?
Mike
It shouldn't - betas tend to run alongside the main game in their own sandbox. I'm downloading now...

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
It shouldn't - betas tend to run alongside the main game in their own sandbox. I'm downloading now...
If you create a directory called "PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER" in the "PRODUCTS" directory where the main game is installed (i.e. "FORC-FDEV-D-10xx"), copy the contents of the current installed game into it and then install the Beta it will install in a tiny fraction of the time as it will treat it as an incremental upgrade and very few seem to be different from 1.2.07.

Last edited:
If you create a directory called "PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER" in the "PRODUCTS" directory where the main game is installed (i.e. "FORC-FDEV-D-10xx"), copy the contents of the current installed game into it and then install the Beta it will install in a tiny fraction of the time as it will treat it as an incremental upgrade and very few seem to be different from 1.2.07.
Good tip.

Just FYI, anybody who's wondering...this isn't the 1.3 beta, so it's something that (to my knowledge) hasn't been mentioned yet. I know this, because there's no Imperial Courier at Dalton Station...

What is at Dalton station is a metric b*ttload of canisters which turns the docking experience into lag soup.

Last edited:
hey Edward lewis, would you happen to know when the anaconda skin will be out? and when the power-play update might be around for the bakers? coz the new updates look great

It's about the double price as the whole game... Its 96€, without the Anaconda ones!
And this is just for the Vibrant ones. Those tactical skin pack will punch a equal hole in the wallet!
That is too much if i just want to fly each ship with a simple custom color. Normally i would expect such simple color choosing to be free in a game!
They should be at least available for all Ships at 12€ per vivid or tactical pack. Or otherwise let players buy them separately.
THIS, is just robbery!

Oh and i spend about 275€ myself for that game already since and including the Beta 1.
(Merchandise, Disc Sets but also Wireframe Cobra and Viper Flag Paintjobs (at discount), Hauler Pack, a few Sidewinder, Eagle and ASP skins.)
How is voluntarily buying something robbery? :D

If you think they are not worth the money, do not buy them. Vote with your wallet.

uhhh so if i get a 200cr bounty from a stupid npc who flys in while im attacking a bounty or attacking a wanted ship before my scan finishes i have to go find a stupid outpost or risk my 1 mil insurance to get it reset, please clarify
I like the patch for taking extra malice towards the wanted status at the terminals. However, I also agree that the 200cr fine shouldn't qualify. I mean, afterall, this is when you skim a clean ship with your lasers, which most likely did no damage to the thing, so why the bounty? Shouldn't this patch be about someone who is "actually" wanted like blowing up a fed or another clean ship? Shouldn't your criminal history have some bearing on this?

One more point, I think that it would be cool to setup a way that you could have different criminal statuses applied. For example, if you do something that warranted the 200cr fine, then you get a cautionary "Orange" status that says that if you don't pay this fine within the next 24hrs, it will become a bounty. When you try to dock with the Caution status, then the police will inform you to pay your fine when you dock. Once the 24hr time expires and the fine is still present, then it escalates to a "Wanted" status.

Just a thought...Thanks for the hard work!

Last edited:
I like the patch for taking extra malice towards the wanted status at the terminals. However, I also agree that the 200cr fine shouldn't qualify. I mean, afterall, this is when you skim a clean ship with your lasers, which most likely did no damage to the thing, so why the bounty? Shouldn't this patch be about someone who is "actually" wanted like blowing up a fed or another clean ship? Shouldn't your criminal history have some bearing on this?

One more point, I think that it would be cool to setup a way that you could have different criminal statuses applied. For example, if you do something that warranted the 200cr fine, then you get a cautionary "Orange" status that says that if you don't pay this fine within the next 24hrs, it will become a bounty. When you try to dock with the Caution status, then the police will inform you to pay your fine when you dock. Once the 24hr time expires and the fine is still present, then it escalates to a "Wanted" status.

Just a thought...Thanks for the hard work!
+1 :)

Mike

Hello, sorry that is not the topic, but I have no way to create a theme like I said I still newbie forum help gentlemen if not difficult, do not delete the message or if you can move it to the developers that I have heard, thank you with all my heart! Dear developers of this amazing game. I do not find words that would express what we all feel when you re-established ourselves in space. Every day I live there after work and spend their weekends only there. Carefully I follow news and learn a huge amount of documentation for the game to build houses "kokpit" singled out for this whole room is equipped with three projectors in Nvidia Surround. Dear developers, I beg you, get up on his knees in front of you, I hope you will hear a lone voice among my countless emails sent to you, please, if you is not too much trouble, please include in the game the ability to output information to the connected monitors, it would be just gorgeous , as implemented in the microsoft flight simulator and X-plane. How this is not enough, I am satisfied with everything that you do, but for example the function as the oxygen is not enough !!! For those who do not have a virtual reality is not going to buy it and wants to feel like a pilot in reality, the withdrawal of information, the ability to drag and drop him to the desired panel reducing or increasing them in size as it is convenient to the user draws many fans of the genre stimulants I myself am a civil pilot in reality and also spent many years at the virtual air stimulants, the introduction of the Display Function Promote Elite many times. You can conduct a survey among the fans, I can assure you that you'll be surprised that almost everyone will agree with me. Thank you for what I have lived to see this moment, thank you anyway, you did that to you and then you have no one to repeat this success! In Russia, there are legends about you, I've been working in television Sound Engineer at work and I have to communicate with many people, I was surprised when, in one place on television I encountered with at least 10 people to play your amazing game, people from all walks and professions. Thank you once again, a low bow to you with all the Russian land.

Hello, sorry that is not the topic, but I have no way to create a theme like I said I still newbie forum help gentlemen if not difficult, do not delete the message or if you can move it to the developers that I have heard, thank you with all my heart! Dear developers of this amazing game. I do not find words that would express what we all feel when you re-established ourselves in space. Every day I live there after work and spend their weekends only there. Carefully I follow news and learn a huge amount of documentation for the game to build houses "kokpit" singled out for this whole room is equipped with three projectors in Nvidia Surround. Dear developers, I beg you, get up on his knees in front of you, I hope you will hear a lone voice among my countless emails sent to you, please, if you is not too much trouble, please include in the game the ability to output information to the connected monitors, it would be just gorgeous , as implemented in the microsoft flight simulator and X-plane. How this is not enough, I am satisfied with everything that you do, but for example the function as the oxygen is not enough !!! For those who do not have a virtual reality is not going to buy it and wants to feel like a pilot in reality, the withdrawal of information, the ability to drag and drop him to the desired panel reducing or increasing them in size as it is convenient to the user draws many fans of the genre stimulants I myself am a civil pilot in reality and also spent many years at the virtual air stimulants, the introduction of the Display Function Promote Elite many times. You can conduct a survey among the fans, I can assure you that you'll be surprised that almost everyone will agree with me. Thank you for what I have lived to see this moment, thank you anyway, you did that to you and then you have no one to repeat this success! In Russia, there are legends about you, I've been working in television Sound Engineer at work and I have to communicate with many people, I was surprised when, in one place on television I encountered with at least 10 people to play your amazing game, people from all walks and professions. Thank you once again, a low bow to you with all the Russian land.
Are you meaning a customizable User Interface to show more information?

Are you meaning a customizable User Interface to show more information?
I think he's talking about the ability to move information already displayed in the UI to separate physical displays. Suppose I had three screens, Left, Center, and Right. Can I have the left screen show the left side of the cockpit (including the nav/contacts panel) and the right screen show the right side of the cockpit (including system/ship status UI panel)?

I suspect the answer is NO, since the UI design assumes only one of the auxiliary panels can be accessed at a time. There's a single keystroke/button bound to "Left UI Subpanel"; if both the Nav and System panels are visible (on separate screens), which one gets manipulated as a result of my pressing the "Move to the next UI subpanel in the leftwards direction"?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom