News Elite Dangerous 2.3.01 bug fixes update coming early May

I expect 2.4 has been in the works for a while now. There is no reason why frontier can't give a summary, which doesn't have to be complete, of what to expect. They don't have to go into detail.

Last edited:
I expect 2.4 has been in the works for a while now. There is no reason why frontier can't give a summary, which doesn't have to be complete, of what to expect. They don't have to go into detail.

Don't get your hopes up. Frontier clearly wants 2.4 to be an exciting surprise. I doubt we will get any hints or details until they are ready for a full media push on it....but for the topic at hand...Paging Mr. Lewis, have an update on 2.3.1? We are patiently waiting for you to grace us with any information you have on that.

Dev communication has always been a little bit of a sore spot. I mean, I understand why dates slip...it happens all the time. They need to be better about remembering what they have promised the community and following up on a regular basis. Just a simple, "We are still crushing bugs for you but it looks like it is going to take us into late-May before the patch comes out" would be sufficient for me.

i wish this is the case and they are not just busy with their new game and forgot about Elite

i wish this is the case and they are not just busy with their new game and forgot about Elite

Ed is probably just wandering off in the Formidine Rift and has lost his marbles. ;) j/k

I'm sure it was an oversight. Hopefully he gets our gentle and polite reminders before things get rowdy.

Ok...literally in the latter half of May now...what's up folks?

Early May is a forgone conclusion, please update.

Ok...literally in the latter half of May now...what's up folks?

Early May is a forgone conclusion, please update.

You know the 2.3.01 update was released early, in April. Earlier than early May.

The 2.3.1 update has not been given a release date yet. Unless you count "a few weeks after", which could mean anything.

Last edited:
You know the 2.3.01 update was released early, in April. Earlier than early May.

The 2.3.1 update has not been given a release date yet. Unless you count "a few weeks after", which could mean anything.

Oh that's right...I keep getting these things confused.

I guess it is safe to assume 2.3.1 sometime before the PS4 launch?

So the 2.3.01 update didn't fix any of the major problems, problems even listed in the OP of this thread.... glorious.

It apparently got the GalMap back in working order, which for 21:9 users, it means we are back to where we have been since late 2014...still not working correctly.

It apparently got the GalMap back in working order, which for 21:9 users

Yeah, I think it was all resolutions above HD (including SS). I had mine on UHD 3840*2160 with SS 1.25, so was a massive downgrade in quality to use the work-around of just HD. I'm sure my GPU was thankful for the break! It is a beautiful game though at whatever resolution you use :D.

it means we are back to where we have been since late 2014...still not working correctly.

That's an excessive exaggeration. Difference is, here's where we are now with features since then:

Yeah, I think it was all resolutions above HD (including SS). I had mine on UHD 3840*2160 with SS 1.25, so was a massive downgrade in quality to use the work-around of just HD. I'm sure my GPU was thankful for the break! It is a beautiful game though at whatever resolution you use :D.

That's an excessive exaggeration. Difference is, here's where we are now with features since then:

No, actually, it is not an exaggeration. The GalMap and System map popups on 21:9 Ultra Wdie Aspect Ratio monitors such as 3440x1440 have not worked correctly since before 1.0. There have been bug reports on this through every singe update since late 2014.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/69790-21-9-UI-menu-issue?highlight=21:9

Last edited:
i literally stopped playing the game because its now 1 month since the galaxy map bug appeared and no one at FD cares about it
they will fix bugs with paint jobs and bubbleheads but ZERO given about the actual game play

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom