News Elite Dangerous - 2.4 and beyond

"We’re happy to be able to confirm that the next major updates following 2.4 will focus on core gameplay, existing features, quality of life and other improvements! We’re delighted to be investing a considerable amount of development and effort into making the core gameplay experience even better for our fantastic community or players."

Not sure i understand what this means....it sounds like after 2.4 nothing new will be added. Just focusing on fixing/improving what is there already.

Am i reading this wrong? Does "Core Gameplay" mean something new?

Last edited:
content will be revealed over time rather than all being available on day one. Additional pieces of exciting content will surface over the coming months as the narrative progresses.

Hmmm.... I think that might have given the game away, though we already (think we) are fairly sure what 2.4 was going to be.

Great to get some dates to look forward to!!

Last edited:

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
So will there be a 3rd Season ? If not whats about all thouse lifetime expanson pass owners ?

We will have more details about the "beyond" 2.4 at the special event mentioned in the post. We will be announcing details of the event a number of weeks after E3 but make sure you watch for details. It's going to be awesome. :)

You know, you could have written this simple message in less time and avoid all the whining / rage / salt in the community ... anyway as always this is promising! Thanks for the info!

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
44168633.jpg

"We’re happy to be able to confirm that the next major updates following 2.4 will focus on core gameplay, existing features, quality of life and other improvements! We’re delighted to be investing a considerable amount of development and effort into making the core gameplay experience even better for our fantastic community or players."

Not sure i understand what this means....it sounds like after 2.4 nothing new will be added. Just focusing on fixing/improving what is there already.

Am i reading this wrong? Does "Core Gameplay" mean something new?

I think the "next" is key. A lot of players (both here, and on Reddit) have been crying out for long-standing bugs to be fixed, and many core features to be fleshed out. I guess that's what we're likely to see, in (whatever version numbers come immediately after 2.4).

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for the update Zac - looking forward to having the old 'conda cockpit back, good to hear about the future plans as well :)

There was a bug where the cockpit of the Anaconda was different after the 2.3 update. This fix is in 2.3.10 and was often asked about - people love their Anacondas.

Ah! Well, my Conda was only bought after 2.3. I won't have noticed it then.

Top Bottom