News Elite Dangerous 2.4 The Return - Server Downtime (26/09/17)

Hi everyone,

We hope you’re just as excited as we are for the launch of The Return 2.4 tomorrow (26/09/17), and we can’t wait for you to be in direct contact with the Thargoids in-game for the first time. As we’ve mentioned before, The Return 2.4 will unfold in a different way to previous updates, with the narrative and content releasing over the coming months.

Due to the narrative and secretive nature of the update, we won’t be hosting a stream during the downtime tomorrow. We want you to experience the content for yourselves, so instead we are planning a Thargoid stream for this coming Thursday with our scientific community. There will also be a competition during the downtime that will get you sharpening up your combat skills – look on our social media channels and here on the forum for more information about that competition and how you can get involved.

We expect the galaxy servers to be down from 9AM BST for approximately 9 hours +. There is a chance that this could run over, so we really appreciate your patience. As usual with these updates we'll keep you as up to date as possible... I'll post the changelogs here, and add update information to the thread as it comes in.

Keep an eye on our social media channels. too for regular updates on the server status. We will try to respond to as many queries as possible, but we will give everyone advanced notice for when the servers come back online, and social media is your best bet for knowing when the servers are back up and running.

Thanks again everyone!

Ed

Last edited:
Hmm, I'll dust off my Python and outfit it with engineered mods this evening then.

I have no idea what the Thargoids are going to be like, but I'm pretty sure flexibility is going to be more important than outright firepower.

Top Bottom